Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NC Pro-Am

Pro Am Update

Pro Am, evening one - http://bluedevilnation.net/

Mason's team defeats Miles and Kyles team. Kelly for 14

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Pro Am, evening one - http://bluedevilnation.net/

Mason's team defeats Miles and Kyles team. Kelly for 14
    Thanks for that, Mark. One thing I noticed from the picture, and perhaps the floor was uneven, but if Kyle is 6'8" then neither of the Plumlee brothers look to be 6'11" (or even 6'10").

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Thanks for that, Mark. One thing I noticed from the picture, and perhaps the floor was uneven, but if Kyle is 6'8" then neither of the Plumlee brothers look to be 6'11" (or even 6'10").
    Trust me in that Mason is two inches taller. You may notice that Singler is standing in front of them.

Yes and I have heard varying reports on Kyle being 6'8" sometime and 6'9" at others, must be the new shoes versus the ones he has broken in

5. All the better if Singler is 6-9. We are going to have a 6-9 2 guard this year then. Really like what I hear out of Mason.

Thanks for the report Watzone. I can't wait to see the rest of the reports start to roll in as the league goes on.

Mark, thanks for the update.

Do you agree with some poster observations, that Miles though bulked up to 245 was only about the same effectiveness wise as last year?

I realize after the Olek Czyz reports last year that these NCCU results analysis have to be taken with a grain of salt, but in off season everybody is starving for more info.

Also these games and pick up games too are probably more like all star games where a guy whose game is team oriented, (not necessarily Miles but in general) does not shine in this venue as much as in Div I OOC and ACC games.

Quote Originally Posted by quickgtp View Post
    That was a waste of time!

How is it a waste of time when it shows exactly what is described: highlights from day 1. What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by ACCBBallFan View Post
    Mark, thanks for the update.

Do you agree with some poster observations, that Miles though bulked up to 245 was only about the same effectiveness wise as last year?

I realize after the Olek Czyz reports last year that these NCCU results analysis have to be taken with a grain of salt, but in off season everybody is starving for more info.

Also these games and pick up games too are probably more like all star games where a guy whose game is team oriented, (not necessarily Miles but in general) does not shine in this venue as much as in Div I OOC and ACC games.
    Miles plays alongside Kyle and Jawad Williams. Williams was hot, but a ball hog at the same time. One would think a team with these three guys would win, but Miles more than held his own inside.

Miles has put on some muscle for sure, but I am not sure if he is 245. Still, his body is much improved. He will have a chance to play without Singler this week and that will give him more opportunities to shine.

While Czyz was entertaining, it was obvious that he needed work on other aspects of his game. While the dunk show was entertaining, there were signs that he did not position himself well. It was a classic case of a player going to their strength, thus avoiding other areas that need work.

Thanks, Mark.

If Miles was #5 in Blue, just that one cross over and dunk was more than we saw last year. The 245 was in reference to an article a week or so ago when coach K said he went from 230 to 245. An article a couple of days earleir had said he gained 15 but at the time it was not clear if that was 215 to 230 or what turned out to be the case.

Here's the link on Miles up to 245

http://dukebasketballjournal.wordpre...he-off-season/

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Tuesday July 7 Schedule

Tommorrow night is a good night to catch our boys in the Pro-Am. Following is the schedule for July 7...

6PM- KG with Ryan Kelly vs Hendricks with Brian Zoubek
    7pm- Starkey with Lance Thomas vs God Bless My Success
    8pm- Team PJ Tucker vs Team Duhon with Chris Duhon, Jon Scheyer, MP2, Marty Pocious, Sean Dockery
    No Duke guys in the 9pm game..

Any word on results, impressions, etc. from Tuesday? Did anyone go?

Tuesday report

Here is the Tuesday recap and pics of the Dukies at the NC Prom Am - http://bluedevilnation.net/?p=2442

Mark- did I read this correctly from your Day 2 recap

One of those plays still brought oohs and ahs as Plumlee missed a dunk and Jon jumped up and almost flushed it home on the tip, but it caromed out as the basket gave way.
    Scheyer on a putback dunk?! Would love to see some of that this season!

Jon

I am not one to check out guys but Jon looks like he has added even more "good" weight. That reaffirms my belief that we can still be a national contender this season as he, Nolan, and Kyle will need to bring it every night. Bring it on!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    That was a waste of time!
    On the contrary, I loved the highlights! Great to see Mason dunk and, perhaps more importantly, block!

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Here is the Tuesday recap and pics of the Dukies at the NC Prom Am - http://bluedevilnation.net/?p=2442
    Thanks for these updates, Mark.

Did Zoubek and Lance not play? It was my understanding from original rosters that July 7 matchups were:

6 pm K G (Ryan Kelly) vs Hendricks (Zoubek)
    7 pm WR Starkey (Lance) vs God Bless My Success (Felton)
    8 pm Team PJ Tucker (Danny Green) vs Team Duhon (Jon/Mason)
    9 pm Lucky 7 vs Navy (Wears, Graves, Beasley)

I also read somewhere that Mason did a decent job trying to defend the smaller quicker PJ Tucker.

Tomorrow's matchups:

6 pm Navy (Wears, Graves, Beasley) vs K G (Ryan Kelly)
    7 pm Lucky 7 vs Team Duhon (Jon/Mason)
    8 pm WR Starkey (Lance) vs Team PJ Tucker (Danny Green)
    9 pm Dreamworks (Henson, Strickland, Marvin) vs E-Net (Kyle @ Lebron Skills Camp/Miles)

Looks like Jon/Mason Team Duhon is only team undefeated after 2 games which is kind of surprising that there would only be one of about 10, though both teams they beat are winless

http://www.ncproam.com/standings09.html
    Last edited by ACCBBallFan; 07-09-2009 at 01:29 AM.