Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Billy Mays dead at 50

Hard to believe...

I can go easy on the "mute" button on my remote now

Man, that's kinda harsh to say about a dead guy. Beside, his commercials will probably be on for a while. I always liked his ESPN internet one. I thought it was cool the way he kinda poked fun at himself.

Assuming it had anything to do with hitting his head on the plane, it's kinda sad that he'd die that way after what happened to Natasha Richardson. When are people gonna learn to take head injuries seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Man, that's kinda harsh to say about a dead guy. Beside, his commercials will probably be on for a while. I always liked his ESPN internet one. I thought it was cool the way he kinda poked fun at himself.

Assuming it had anything to do with hitting his head on the plane, it's kinda sad that he'd die that way after what happened to Natasha Richardson. When are people gonna learn to take head injuries seriously?
    Hmm, intriguing. He seems like the kind of guy that would brush off a really hard blunt impact, that could cause underlying brain bleeding. Autopsy report will be interesting.

Bummer. He makes four, starting with Ed McMahon (and then Farrah and Michael). Besides everyone eventually, who is next and how many can we expect (in the near term)?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

How sad...what a terrible way to go. What the heck kind of a landing would cause such a severe impact that the overhead doors fly open? And thanks to the miserable airlines for charging everybody to check bags so instead the overheads are crammed beyond capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Bummer. He makes four, starting with Ed McMahon (and then Farrah and Michael). Besides everyone eventually, who is next and how many can we expect (in the near term)?
    does Carradine count? that was only a month ago

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    does Carradine count? that was only a month ago
    Everybody counts, but if you're talking about "bad things/people dieing in 3's", I'd say a month in between is too long for continuity.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Everybody counts, but if you're talking about "bad things/people dieing in 3's", I'd say a month in between is too long for continuity.
    I think it depends on the situation. If Carradine had died in April, then Farrah in May, then Jackson in June, then it would count. However, four of them died in a week, and Carradine died back in early June, the fourth I think, so while it's not a full month ago, it's probably long enough that it doesn't count.

Not to be the Grim Reaper, but I understand Walter Cronkite is in bad shape.

A fourth death is actually the start of a new set of three.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!
    Gail Storm is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    How sad...what a terrible way to go. What the heck kind of a landing would cause such a severe impact that the overhead doors fly open? And thanks to the miserable airlines for charging everybody to check bags so instead the overheads are crammed beyond capacity.
    Today the medical examiner is saying that heart disease is the likely cause of death. Additional tests are being done and the official cause of death will be known in about 10 weeks. http://www.wral.com/news/national_wo...story/5463357/

Just now a Billy Mays commercial ran on cnbc... not sure whether it's national or local (I'm in Philly this morning), but the tickers and cnbc bug were on during the commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!
    Gail Storm is dead.
    Freddy Travelena. See? And the neat thing is the second group were all lower in stature than the frist group.

The "neat" thing? Can we really say that anything about people dying is "neat"? I might say "interesting" or "weird" or something along those likes, but "neat"? Really?

And you thought this update was going to be about cocaine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SQ7HoqBSow

(nsfw language)

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post
    And you thought this update was going to be about cocaine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SQ7HoqBSow

(nsfw language)
    What purpose is served in this kind of garbage distorting the image of someone who recently passed away? And what is meant by the reference to cocaine? This is beyond the pale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    What purpose is served in this kind of garbage distorting the image of someone who recently passed away? And what is meant by the reference to cocaine? This is beyond the pale.
    Really dude? That parody of infomercials has nothing to do with making fun of Mays. And, it's funny.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...ine/index.html

he did coke.