Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKIE V(A) View Post
    Unfortunately, the NCAA is either several steps behind and/or is not fully motivated to provide consequences to dirty programs or coaches. It is past time to start suspending coaches for entire seasons for running dirty programs (even when they move on to other programs). Under the current system, coaches are able to do their dirty deeds for years and then move on and start over with a more high profile program, making more money than they were before.
    The most recent proposed NCAA rule changes--discussed in an earlier thread a couple months ago--introduce sanctions against a coach instead of just against the school. With the timing, I think it's a rather obvious response to Calipari's departure from Memphis (although there are other coaches who have left burned bridges behind, like Kelvin Sampson).

So UK may not be entirely in the clear if Calipari is punished for anything that went down while he was at Memphis. NCAA investigations can take time, so while he appears safe now, Calipari may be dragged into at some point in the future. We'll probably find out in about four years or so...

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlood View Post
    I keep getting the feeling that he will be going to Kentucky. He has been talking about them when they are playing, and not Duke as of late. Plus he recently said "Texting my main guy Gilchrist...we talking about the future! gym in a few". Gilchrist has long been rumored to be favoring the Cats.
    Just over two weeks ago he was chatting with Kyrie and talking up Andre; a month ago he told someone to spell Duke correctly and used "we" to describe us. Don't panic yet; there will be plenty of time for that later.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukeface88 View Post
    Just over two weeks ago he was chatting with Kyrie and talking up Andre; a month ago he told someone to spell Duke correctly and used "we" to describe us. Don't panic yet; there will be plenty of time for that later.
    I am in no way in panic mode. Its just a feeling, backed up with some of his tweets.

As you said, that was a while ago.. Things I believe have changed.

so what i like playing the recruiting game too but these are high school students. many of them change their minds about college 10+ times before picking until he states " team a is the team to beat" im not worried

not in panic mode but lets face it, this kid is going to kentucky. I have no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Ohiobobcat204 View Post
    not in panic mode but lets face it, this kid is going to kentucky. I have no doubt
    That's so convincing. Are you sure you're not one of them there recruiting gu-ru's?

Unless

he goes to Duke or UCONN or even Georgetown...

I have 17 and 19 year old boys, and if you can figure out what is going on inside QM's head, please call me and let me know how! I sure could use some pointers!

Wouldn't this be the definition of panic mode?

With all due respect, get a grip. Two weeks ago, and this goes for many, when Q was Tweetin all his love for Duke, those were saying he was a Duke lock. Now, he is Tweetin love for UK and despair is abound in many voices. I'm sure at his next visit, he will be Tweetin love to that "insert" school. He is a typical 17 year old kid, hot for the current thing. Just like most of us were in high school, we were all hot for the current "it" girl until the next girl one upped her and we were then hot for her. However, there is always that one hot girl who is hot all those years. Think of us as that. We will be in it at the end for Quincy (I personally think he comes to Duke) and if he doesn't we will go to plan B.

Kentucky, great basketball legacy going back to Heir Adolph.
    unc, great basketball legacy, ok academic school.
    DUKE, great basketball legacy, DUKE also is an elite academic institution.
    Not every shool has the total package of superior academics and top athletics.
    Not everyone was cut out to be a Dukie.
    Go Devils!

Quote Originally Posted by NYDukie View Post
    With all due respect, get a grip. Two weeks ago, and this goes for many, when Q was Tweetin all his love for Duke, those were saying he was a Duke lock. Now, he is Tweetin love for UK and despair is abound in many voices. I'm sure at his next visit, he will be Tweetin love to that "insert" school. He is a typical 17 year old kid, hot for the current thing. Just like most of us were in high school, we were all hot for the current "it" girl until the next girl one upped her and we were then hot for her. However, there is always that one hot girl who is hot all those years. Think of us as that. We will be in it at the end for Quincy (I personally think he comes to Duke) and if he doesn't we will go to plan B.
    whoa guys why is everyone in attack mode?? this is a board to express opinions. how quick are we to attack or tear down someone else because of their opinion??

as for QM. i think this is the mindset for a good amount of people. and there is good reason because of what just happened to us just recently with another duke "LOCK". now, that duke lock is in carolina blue and hopefully only torments us for one year.

there is no reason to panic right now, but you gotta see where this is coming from. until he says "DUKE" he is not a duke lean or lock or anything for that matter, and its foolish to say so

but let's keep this board about expressing opinions, and let's not forget we are all on the SAME team...well except for all those quiet Tar Heels just trolling, but that's neither here nor there.

anyways, i hope this kid does see a dark shade of DUKE blue in his future!!

and always, GO DUKE!!!!

I am as into recruiting as the next guy, but I will not be looping myself into this one. I want Quincy, but we're in 2009, not 2011. We are still trying to get a wing for 2010 so that is what I will be focusing on. That, and the Gonzaga game of course. You know what helps recruiting and all that good stuff? Winning!!

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    He looks very impressed right now with Kentucky. If he was a making a decision tomorrow I would say Kentucky is the selection. But we all know 17 yrs old will change their minds and it looks like he is no where close to a decision. GO DUKE!!
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by soccerstud2210 View Post
    whoa guys why is everyone in attack mode?? this is a board to express opinions. how quick are we to attack or tear down someone else because of their opinion??

as for QM. i think this is the mindset for a good amount of people. and there is good reason because of what just happened to us just recently with another duke "LOCK". now, that duke lock is in carolina blue and hopefully only torments us for one year.

there is no reason to panic right now, but you gotta see where this is coming from. until he says "DUKE" he is not a duke lean or lock or anything for that matter, and its foolish to say so

but let's keep this board about expressing opinions, and let's not forget we are all on the SAME team...well except for all those quiet Tar Heels just trolling, but that's neither here nor there.

anyways, i hope this kid does see a dark shade of DUKE blue in his future!!

and always, GO DUKE!!!!
    If mentioning to someone to get a "grip" is considered an attack, then this board is much more sensitive than I've ever imagined. I would hate to see what a "real" attack is then. I appreciate "soccerstuds" post but all that I said differently from your post was "to get a grip" and not panic. I'm a semi-regular poster and have never "attacked" someone but have had some posters comment to my posts in a manner I thought condescending and in other ways I thought not proper but wouldn't necessarily call them attacking. There are so many opionions on this board that I appreciate 99% of them (there are always those few useless posts, mine included...LOL) unless someone was using derogatory or vulgar language towards me, I wouldn't get overly offended. That said, this is a board of opinions and some will have opinions of what others say, opposite opinions in many cases. Would then a post in such opposite light characterize an attack or tear down of someone's opinion as someone not on the "same" team just because they disagree? I would hope and think not!

As for the more on topic comments you made regarding QM. I'm in total agreement. Let's have this play out as no recruit is a "lock" for any school until he is signed, sealed and delivered.

If mentioning to someone to get a "grip" is considered an attack, then this board is much more sensitive than I've ever imagined. I would hate to see what a "real" attack is then. I appreciate "soccerstuds" post but all that I said differently from your post was "to get a grip" and not panic. I'm a semi-regular poster and have never "attacked" someone but have had some posters comment to my posts in a manner I thought condescending and in other ways I thought not proper but wouldn't necessarily call them attacking. There are so many opionions on this board that I appreciate 99% of them (there are always those few useless posts, mine included...LOL) unless someone was using derogatory or vulgar language towards me, I wouldn't get overly offended. That said, this is a board of opinions and some will have opinions of what others say, opposite opinions in many cases. Would then a post in such opposite light characterize an attack or tear down of someone's opinion as someone not on the "same" team just because they disagree? I would hope and think not!

As for the more on topic comments you made regarding QM. I'm in total agreement. Let's have this play out as no recruit is a "lock" for any school until he is signed, sealed and delivered.
    sorry NYDukie, i wasn't meaning to single out your post. yours just happened to be the last one in a line of like 2-3 others so i just grabbed the last one...

Quote Originally Posted by soccerstud2210 View Post
    sorry NYDukie, i wasn't meaning to single out your post. yours just happened to be the last one in a line of like 2-3 others so i just grabbed the last one...
    Not a problem. In retrospect I should have sent you a private message. Anyhow, seems we are in agreement on QM and hopefully it will turn out best for the Dukies!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    Kentucky, great basketball legacy going back to Heir Adolph.
    unc, great basketball legacy, ok academic school.
    DUKE, great basketball legacy, DUKE also is an elite academic institution.
    Not every shool has the total package of superior academics and top athletics.
    Not everyone was cut out to be a Dukie.
    Go Devils!
    Have you ever thought that maybe the "total package" of basketball tradition + academics could actually be an overall negative. I would say over 80% of the recruits out there want all the basketball but not the academics (just the party atmosphere, and a college to stand as a bridge to the NBA). Duke is definitely not a fit for the majority of recruits out there. I'm not sure about QM, but his recent expressed interest in UK makes me think that the "academics" you speak of may actually be a negative recruiting factor for this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeHopkins View Post
    Have you ever thought that maybe the "total package" of basketball tradition + academics could actually be an overall negative. I would say over 80% of the recruits out there want all the basketball but not the academics (just the party atmosphere, and a college to stand as a bridge to the NBA). Duke is definitely not a fit for the majority of recruits out there. I'm not sure about QM, but his recent expressed interest in UK makes me think that the "academics" you speak of may actually be a negative recruiting factor for this kid.
    Actually, Quincy has stated his desire to participate in some sort of Pre-Med program in college. Now, I think this, like his Twitter and Facebook statements should all be taken with a very big grain of salt.

FTR, he has a 3.7 GPA thus far @ QEA.

Not a problem. In retrospect I should have sent you a private message. Anyhow, seems we are in agreement on QM and hopefully it will turn out best for the Dukies!
    No worries!

Go DUKE!