Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    ^^^^^

Bummer....I hope this can be filed under concerns similar to shirt tugs and colors worn by recruits, a la Kyrie Irving....

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    ^^^^^

Bummer....I hope this can be filed under concerns similar to shirt tugs and colors worn by recruits, a la Kyrie Irving....
    Quincy's not making a decision anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Quincy's not making a decision anytime soon.
    I agree but a couple of months ago it looked like a commitment to Duke was eminent but now I starting to get the same vibes I got toward the end of Boynton and Monroe's recruitment and that is that Duke is high on his list more for publicity purposes than genuine interest.

I may be far off base but Miller is definitely playing the publicity game and I think that he is feeding the public what he thinks they want to hear to keep interest up. Now maybe he really likes Duke and wants to keep his recruitment going or maybe he is using Duke to garner more interest and plans on committing elsewhere but I think anyone who takes his twitter or facebook postings at face value is going to be disappointed come decision time.

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    I agree but a couple of months ago it looked like a commitment to Duke was eminent but now I starting to get the same vibes I got toward the end of Boynton and Monroe's recruitment and that is that Duke is high on his list more for publicity purposes than genuine interest.

I may be far off base but Miller is definitely playing the publicity game and I think that he is feeding the public what he thinks they want to hear to keep interest up. Now maybe he really likes Duke and wants to keep his recruitment going or maybe he is using Duke to garner more interest and plans on committing elsewhere but I think anyone who takes his twitter or facebook postings at face value is going to be disappointed come decision time.
    I've actually heard the same argument being used for his recent attention to UK.

Only time will tell...

The kid is playing for the #1 ranking in his class. I don't think publicity is a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    The kid is playing for the #1 ranking in his class. I don't think publicity is a problem...
    You're right it shouldn't be but in just the last few months we have watched both Irving and Barnes stretch out their recruitment at least in part to generate more buzz. I am next to positive that both had their minds made up weeks if not longer before actually making their announcements. Meanwhile thousands of fans from several schools waited on the edge of their seats for any gossip they could find. I'm not trying to denigrate them for doing this but I see little reason to open up your facebook and twitter pages to the masses if you're not trying to drum up publicity.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I've learned nothing else over the last few months, it's these kids are very media savvy and you have to take any comments by or about them with a grain of salt. I don't blame them, it simply is what it is. I now expect most recruits to speak fondly of all if not most schools that recruit them and show little candor as to how they really feel.

You're right it shouldn't be but in just the last few months we have watched both Irving and Barnes stretch out their recruitment at least in part to generate more buzz. I am next to positive that both had their minds made up weeks if not longer before actually making their announcements. Meanwhile thousands of fans from several schools waited on the edge of their seats for any gossip they could find. I'm not trying to denigrate them for doing this but I see little reason to open up your facebook and twitter pages to the masses if you're not trying to drum up publicity.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I've learned nothing else over the last few months, it's these kids are very media savvy and you have to take any comments by or about them with a grain of salt. I don't blame them, it simply is what it is. I now expect most recruits to speak fondly of all if not most schools that recruit them and show little candor as to how they really feel.
    I see where you are coming from. Miller's "Let's Get Money" quote sounds like something right out of coach cal's mouth. Cal is selling the nba not UK and money is a big motivator.

Good news is...i believe Miller talks about Wall, Cousins and PP in his little UK writeup...all 3 of which will be 2 years removed from the program.

8. C'mon guys, he's a kid just trying to have a good time. You know, the way we all were in trying to get attention at one point in our lives except nobody really cared?

Dec. 12
    Quincy Miller, PF
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Quality Education Academy

Scouts Grade: 98
    ESPN100 Rank: 8
    Position Rank: 3

Super 60 Quincy Miller drops 24 in Shootout

ESPNU Super 60 forward Quincy Miller scored 24 points and grabbed 12 rebounds as Quality Education Academy held off Brehm Prep (Carbondale, Ill.) on Friday at the Best of the Midwest Shootout.

I keep getting the feeling that he will be going to Kentucky. He has been talking about them when they are playing, and not Duke as of late. Plus he recently said "Texting my main guy Gilchrist...we talking about the future! gym in a few". Gilchrist has long been rumored to be favoring the Cats.

Nothings set in stone yet, but don't be surprised. I hope he is smart enough to see the truth in someone like Cal. Anyway, good luck to him.

Thr Truth About Cal

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlood View Post
    I hope he is smart enough to see the truth in someone like Cal.
    Unfortunately (for us), for guys like Wall and Miller, the truth about Cal is this:

D. Rose - #1 pick
    J. Wall - (probable) #1 pick

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Unfortunately (for us), for guys like Wall and Miller, the truth about Cal is this:

D. Rose - #1 pick
    J. Wall - (probable) #1 pick
    I believe that is the "smoke" about Cal. Not sure Cal really had much to do with Rose being picked #1, he could have gone to a dozen programs and still been picked first. Wall probably could have gone to a DII school and still be the number one pick.

The truth about Cal is that your teams success with him is always going to be under suspicion and speculation if not flat out removed from the record. Thats the "truth" x2!

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    I believe that is the "smoke" about Cal. Not sure Cal really had much to do with Rose being picked #1, he could have gone to a dozen programs and still been picked first. Wall probably could have gone to a DII school and still be the number one pick.

The truth about Cal is that your teams success with him is always going to be under suspicion and speculation if not flat out removed from the record. Thats the "truth" x2!
    somehow i dont think that rose or tyreke or miller care too much!

it would be fantastic to snag miller! but in my pessimistic impression i dont think that it is going to happen.

calimari: i got you. rose was #1 overall. Evans was #4 overall. You will be #1 overall. come to Uk and see

Quote Originally Posted by soccerstud2210 View Post
    calimari: i got you. rose was #1 overall. Evans was #4 overall. You will be #1 overall. come to Uk and see
    Of course, Rose, Evans, and Wall all play the same position (and have similar games). A position Quincy Miller does not play. To my knowledge, the only big man Calipari has coached who has gone near the top of a draft was Marcus Camby, and that was a long time ago. And I don't think he's done that well with wings, either, if that's how Quincy sees himself.

somehow i dont think that rose or tyreke or miller care too much!

it would be fantastic to snag miller! but in my pessimistic impression i dont think that it is going to happen.

So what if Quincy replies "But what about Robert Dozier and Dajuan Wagner?"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Dozier

I think it's obvious that the guys that Cal is "putting" into the pros would get there even if they were injured the whole year. Rose could have gone from the YMCA to the NBA...

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    Maybe so, but Cal does play an entertaining, up-and-down style with a lot of scoring and not much emphasis on defense. I can see how that would be appealing to a high schooler who has his sights on the NBA. In their minds, dunks and crossover dribbles get you into the NBA. Pressure defense and low turnover ratios do not get you into the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Of course, Rose, Evans, and Wall all play the same position (and have similar games). A position Quincy Miller does not play. To my knowledge, the only big man Calipari has coached who has gone near the top of a draft was Marcus Camby, and that was a long time ago. And I don't think he's done that well with wings, either, if that's how Quincy sees himself.
    you could say CDR, but he was 40th overall in the draft, but he's doing decently enough for himself. 16 ppg. 5 rpg. 2 apg

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Maybe so, but Cal does play an entertaining, up-and-down style with a lot of scoring and not much emphasis on defense. I can see how that would be appealing to a high schooler who has his sights on the NBA. In their minds, dunks and crossover dribbles get you into the NBA. Pressure defense and low turnover ratios do not get you into the NBA.
    I think the defensive part may be unfair. Cal's Memphis teams played rather tough defense IMO. They might not be playing alot of defense at Kentucky yet, but it is a team filled with freshmen. I will say that his "style" of offense might be appealing to someone with no interest in learning how to play an actual offense.

you could say CDR, but he was 40th overall in the draft, but he's doing decently enough for himself. 16 ppg. 5 rpg. 2 apg
    True, CDR is a pretty good player, but if you have to reach to a second round pick in this discussion, then the idea that Cal is the coach if you want to be a lottery pick is pretty much exposed as a myth (at least if you're not an athletic, scoring PG).

Unfortunately, the NCAA is either several steps behind and/or is not fully motivated to provide consequences to dirty programs or coaches. It is past time to start suspending coaches for entire seasons for running dirty programs (even when they move on to other programs). Under the current system, coaches are able to do their dirty deeds for years and then move on and start over with a more high profile program, making more money than they were before. Kentucky has sold its soul to win more basketball games. It is only a matter of time before it comes back to bite them.

As for Miller, I hope he gives Coach K and Duke a shot to impress. Coach K helps mold great basketball players and men. Miller will have to work harder on and off the court at Duke than Kentucky, but hopefully he sees the payoff as being greater. Best of luck to him.