Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
Results 1,121 to 1,138 of 1138
    Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    Agree with you, but if we get Cook I think we'd be back at 2. Compare the classes (rankings are from ESPN):

Duke: Rivers (1), Gbinije (24), Cook (34), Plumlee (42), Adams* (unranked)
    Baylor: Miller (4), Nash (10), Bello (50), Winters (unranked)

* for now at least
    fyi, nash is going to oklahoma state. and with miller, bello, and winters, baylor entered espn's rankings at #10

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    Well, maybe he's not worried about the threat of sanctions... he's just worried about getting deported
    (Snort!) Great post - made me laugh. Quite an interesting recruiting process at Baylor, what with former AAU/handlers, "deportation threat" allegations, off-court legal issues/player problems, NCAA investigations, etc.

I really like QM and his wit, humor, zeal. Am pretty sure that I will always root for him.

I'll 'third' the high-fives for Airowe. (When the question was asked about the Duke interest history in QM I was really hoping there wouldn't be a direct answer.) And, frankly, I find it incredibly hard to believe that Duke "never wanted (QM)." Seems like a very silly over-statement, given all the recruiting activity around him, his obvious talent level, and of course his good character/personality (and disdain for all things faded blue). Just the kind of kid you want to see succeed.

Best of luck QM! For your sake I certainly hope Baylor stays off of suspension the next couple of years.

I love Quincy, but it is weird that he chose Baylor while they are under investigation. I will believe him innocent unless it is proven otherwise, but I think people will definitely be looking into it due to the circumstances of a guy with March Madness written all over him choosing a place that may not see March for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    I wonder what happened to Louisville? I thought they were the favorite all along.

Also, why wouldnt QM wait until the spring and find the best option for him to be The Man.
    Ive said all along he would not choose Louisville. I thought it was Baylor and Duke and once Duke was gone then Baylor was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    I love Quincy, but it is weird that he chose Baylor while they are under investigation. I will believe him innocent unless it is proven otherwise, but I think people will definitely be looking into it due to the circumstances of a guy with March Madness written all over him choosing a place that may not see March for a few years.
    Quincy is more than likely a one-and-done player. He will be gone by the time any sanctions are enforced. 18 months from now, his college career will likely be over. It will about 18 months for UConn between the first rumblings and the time that NCAA imposes its own sanctions. A similar timeframe was in place for Memphis, and USC took forever. Usually recruiting violations don't result in vacated games, especially when the player in question doesn't even attend the school in question. Make no mistake, Baylor could be in trouble, but it likely won't affect Quincy.

Looking at it from another point of view, it appears that Quincy was serious in really wanting to play with Bello. They really only had two legit options in Louisville and Baylor and with recent commits to Baylor it would be much easier for Bello to see big minutes right away at Baylor.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke: A Dynasty View Post
    Ive said all along he would not choose Louisville. I thought it was Baylor and Duke and once Duke was gone then Baylor was it.
    Care to explain? With Baylor under the NCAA thumb, it seems like a bad choice.

Also, if I were a top 10 recruit and was pretty sure I'd be one and done, I would simply wait until April to see who goes pro, what happens with a lockout and where I'd get my 22 shots per game!

Care to explain? With Baylor under the NCAA thumb, it seems like a bad choice.

Also, if I were a top 10 recruit and was pretty sure I'd be one and done, I would simply wait until April to see who goes pro, what happens with a lockout and where I'd get my 22 shots per game!
    The investigation will not affect him while he is there since he is gonna be one and done. Many speculated he was timid in wanting to go to Louisville because Pitino does not like to give his players free reign no matter how good they are. Kind of like how K said he is not going to coach KI to much but to let him do his thing. He only looked at Louisville because of one of the staff members if I recall that correctly.

The investigation that is happening now could very well affect him next year. It is a program that is already being investigated. These things mean he may not get a chance to go to a tourney and he may be found out much sooner than guys like Rose and Mayo who were at a program that was somewhat under the radar of investigations prior to them coming along.

Well, he hasn't signed an LOI yet (and can't for a couple more weeks)...and for all we know he'll wait until the spring, or not sign one at all. (Apologies if he's indicated otherwise and I haven't seen it)

I think either way he'll be getting plenty of shots at Baylor next year.

I miss

I miss the weekly "Look what QMiller put on this twitter." so I scope it out and look what I found.

@AustinRivers25 yessiirr bro! Do your thing at Duke! Great school. I promise we'll meet up next year though!

Does this still mean we have a chance with Miller!!! JOKING.

SAT scores

Quincy just reported via Twitter:

qmillertime: Day started off good finding out I got a 1270 on the SAT. Gonna have a good day!!

Without causing a problem here...pretty sure the SAT is out of 2400 nowadays, correct?

National averages are around 1500 or so with the current SAT. It seems that Baylor generally has students a little above that, so for an athlete to be given that much leeway I don't think is terribly unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by HCheek37 View Post
    Quincy just reported via Twitter:

qmillertime: Day started off good finding out I got a 1270 on the SAT. Gonna have a good day!!

Without causing a problem here...pretty sure the SAT is out of 2400 nowadays, correct?
    They are out of 2400, but if I'm not mistaken, a lot of kids still throw out the writing portion when they are casually talking about their score to get it back on the more familiar 1600 scale. I have spent some time as a private tutor since the change in scoring and a lot of the kids will say something like "I got a 1300 and a 700 on the writing" or something to that effect. I'm not saying that's what Quincy meant necessarily, but it's possible. It's also possible that over the past few years the younger generation has gotten used to the 2400 scale and has done away with references to the 1600 scale.

[QUOTE=COYS;441695]They are out of 2400, but if I'm not mistaken, a lot of kids still throw out the writing portion when they are casually talking about their score to get it back on the more familiar 1600 scale.

I have senior in high school and yes many, perhaps most, kids toss out the writing score. In addition, many admission departments also toss out the writing score so I would guess that Quincy was referring to a score out of 1600.

The NCAA tosses out the writing score when calculating eligibility, so I'd think that Quincy was doing it the NCAA way. If that's true, a 1270 is quite good for an elite basketball athlete (or really anybody, for that matter). The only players on our team last year that I know definitely better than that were Zoubek, Kelly, and Peters (if he counts; there are possibly others...) Quincy must be pretty smart.

Here's the NCAA chart:

https://web1.ncaa.org/eligibilitycen..._standards.pdf
    Last edited by Bluedog; 10-28-2010 at 05:54 PM.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    The NCAA tosses out the writing score when calculating eligibility, so I'd think that Quincy was doing it the NCAA way. If that's true, a 1270 is quite good for an elite basketball athlete (or really anybody, for that matter). The only players on our team last year that I know definitely better than that were Zoubek, Kelly, and Peters (if he counts; there are possibly others...) Quincy must be pretty smart.

Here's the NCAA chart:

https://web1.ncaa.org/eligibilitycen..._standards.pdf
    I did not realize that Div. 1 doesn't require an SAT minimum (anymore?). If one has a concocted 3.550 GPA, all one has to do is show up and sign the test to get a 400(200 each math and verbal) and qualify. Who in the NCAA thinks this stuff up? And good idea excluding the writing section. God knows we don't want Div 1 athletes who can write; not that the writing section is hopelessly flawed, but that's another topic.

Quote Originally Posted by ElSid View Post
    You're almost not far off on reason #1. Kenneth Starr has a son who went to Duke.
    Ken Starr went to Duke Law School.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Ken Starr went to Duke Law School.
    Nice. Does this win for most delayed response? Comment from 8-16-10.