Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1138
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    But if the coaching staff thought Kyrie or Mason (or anybody else) was going pro after this season (or if they were worried about Tyler A qualifying or anybody transferring) -- which would free up a scholarship in the Spring -- would they stop recruiting QM?
    I'm sure they would have done that when and if those things occurred, but that wouldn't happen until April and it QM might not want to wait that long. These things are usually never mutual, but with QM wanting to play with Bello, that could have plausibly been the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke: A Dynasty View Post
    Yea I respected KU fans and the program until Cal came along. Now I hope to see a loss everytime I check the stat sheet. If they drop Cal and admit it was a mistake then I may just foregive them and go back to just disliking them.
    Calipari shouldn't be the cause of a new-found disrespect for UK fans. Calipari should be validation of the disrespect we had for them long before he came. The entitled, win-at-all-costs mentality of Kentucky fans was around long before he arrived and it will survive his inevitable crash and burn.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    Calipari shouldn't be the cause of a new-found disrespect for UK fans. Calipari should be validation of the disrespect we had for them long before he came. The entitled, win-at-all-costs mentality of Kentucky fans was around long before he arrived and it will survive his inevitable crash and burn.
    Great post. UK fans are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by enick66 View Post
    According to Zag's Blog, Duke no longer recruiting Q - http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/10/15/d...p-for-madness/
    I wonder about the accuracy of this. Two days ago, Evan Daniels reported (via Twitter) that QM sent him a message that he would be at CTC. Zag now says the "two sides parted ways," and QM won't be there.

I wonder if we suggested that the staff will be spending time with the other recruits and won't be able to give QM the attention he "deserves?"

We might not be "recruiting" QM, because there won't be an available scholly if Quinn commits, but QM knows that a scholly is likely to open up and that he would be welcome to have it if he waits. I believe QM will wait no matter what, and our staff is moving on.

What is interesting is how quiet the loquacious QM has been on Twitter about CTC. That would suggest to me QM won't be there.

Duke Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    While I am sorry about the Quincy bit a little (he is super talented) I am not that broken up; to be frank, I never loved the way he conducted his recruitment... I felt like his emotions and loyalties seemed to run so hot-and-cold, and that just isn't my style, or the style I particularly love in a player. I am sure he is a good kid, but thankfully the staff is very good at finding great kids.
    Most players that come through our system you can easily look at them and tell they are a "Duke Guy" by how they carry themselves. While QM may have been vocal about his distaste for UNC (which as far as I am concerned shows GREAT character), he never struck me as a Duke kid. Can you imagine Battier or Hill conducting their recruitment like this?

Also, I definitely prefer a Sr. Kelly and Jr. Hairston (due to the additional PT they would get without QM next year) over a one-and-done Miller.

Confirmed by Evan Daniels - Q No Longer in Duke's Plans

Confirmed by @EvanDanielscout on Twitter - Just received word from Quincy Miller that he won't be visiting Duke this weekend. He's down to Baylor and Louisville.

Confirmed by @EvanDanielscout on Twitter - Just received word from Quincy Miller that he won't be visiting Duke this weekend. He's down to Baylor and Louisville.
    A shame. By all accounts really good game and his tweets are just plain funny. Best of luck to him in college and beyond.

I guess we can close this thread now?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeSean View Post
    Anyways, seeing how most other recruitments go on these days helps me to really appreciate how AR handled the end of his, as very much a "Duke guy"
    VERY much. So much talent. And even more class. AR will pay dividends for Duke for years to come.

Best of luck to QM though. Definitely not rooting for L'ville in this one, so GO BEARS.

Interesting because all indications were that we were on the rebound with Q. Would be great to hear from someone who knows how this went down.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonDevil View Post
    ... Best of luck to QM though. Definitely not rooting for L'ville in this one, so GO BEARS.
    But consider that success by UL and Pitino takes a great toll upon the big blue nation and raises the temperature on Cal (ah, the smell roasting squid ...).

A part of me DOES hope QM goes to UL, particularly if he only stays for a year. We would also get to see him on TV more often.

Kentucky Failures

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    But consider that success by UL and Pitino takes a great toll upon the big blue nation and raises the temperature on Cal (ah, the smell roasting squid ...).

A part of me DOES hope QM goes to UL, particularly if he only stays for a year. We would also get to see him on TV more often.
    Kentucky will not win a championship anytime soon with the program they are running. And UK fans are satisfied ONLY with championships. Watching them fail and whine is good enough for me. I also hear enough about UK already. We don't need more reasons to discuss them.

Unless our mere presence in the NCAA tournament causes them to shoot 0-65 from three-point and flame out early.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/10/15/d...p-for-madness/

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2010/10...els-duke-visit

Put a fork in this one - it's done.

Well then, best of luck to a fellow Duke fan (who just happens to be 6'10 and very skilled at basketball), wherever his road takes him. I still think this is ultimately for the best for both parties. In a perfect world, Quincy would be a 2012 recruit and come in to fill the Plumvoid on our roster, but it just wasn't meant to be!

I wish the best to Quincy. I like him no matter what. He is funny and seems to have a good heart behind his posts. I hope he doesn't go to Baylor. There is too much going on there and that would make his, likely, one year a waste (I think they will be on probation and possibly out of post-season eligibility by next year). Go to Louisville Quincy and all the best to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    I wish the best to Quincy. I like him no matter what. He is funny and seems to have a good heart behind his posts. I hope he doesn't go to Baylor. There is too much going on there and that would make his, likely, one year a waste (I think they will be on probation and possibly out of post-season eligibility by next year). Go to Louisville Quincy and all the best to you!
    Ditto! Good Luck Q. Anyone who sticks it to UNC is OK in my book.

Best of luck...

but I hope that in one of his posts he tells us what Baylor has that we don't. That one has me intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    but I hope that in one of his posts he tells us what Baylor has that we don't. That one has me intrigued.
    Probably the opportunity to be the BMOC to showcase his talent for the NBA. He would be sharing the limelight in Durham.

Zagsblog:
    All signs point toward Westchester (N.C.) Country Day School F Quincy Miller announcing for Baylor, a source with knowledge said
    web • 10/18/10 10:18 AM

Although I hate to miss out on QM, and wish him luck at Baylor (I assume), I am proud to be a Duke fan reading all these responses to his decision. No one is raking him over the coals. Lots of class on this board.