Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Not conceding on this one just yet, especially with a seemingly unpredictable kid like Quincy, but my question is: does anyone recall the last time we lost a high profile recruiting battle to Louisville? I don't remember ever losing a big one to them. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Not conceding on this one just yet, especially with a seemingly unpredictable kid like Quincy, but my question is: does anyone recall the last time we lost a high profile recruiting battle to Louisville? I don't remember ever losing a big one to them. Anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l64usExWyg0

At about the 4:40 mark, Q is discussing Deuce Bello's dunk contest win at the E24. Sounds like he threw up an alleyoop to Deuce on one of his dunks.

The interviewer asks: "Are you going to be doing that a lot next year?"

Quincy says: "Yeah, we are going to be having fun next year. A lot of fun."

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l64usExWyg0

At about the 4:40 mark, Q is discussing Deuce Bello's dunk contest win at the E24. Sounds like he threw up an alleyoop to Deuce on one of his dunks.

The interviewer asks: "Are you going to be doing that a lot next year?"

Quincy says: "Yeah, we are going to be having fun next year. A lot of fun."
    I think they are going to High School together next year (2010/2011)....

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    I think they are going to High School together next year (2010/2011)....
    They definitely are. Westchester Academy in High Point, NC.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisheery View Post
    They definitely are. Westchester Academy in High Point, NC.
    Should be a great year to keep up with Quincy. With Duece's increased exposure we may see them on the box a few times this year.

Any news yet?

Quote Originally Posted by lilblue View Post
    I agree, seems that it's really down to us and Louisville.
    I know it is very early; but I was wondering if anyone heard how Q's visit to Louisville this weekend went and if it looks like a commitment to Louisville is actually coming soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    I know it is very early; but I was wondering if anyone heard how Q's visit to Louisville this weekend went and if it looks like a commitment to Louisville is actually coming soon?
    http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Samardo Samuels (?), if you want to consider that a "loss."

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Samardo Samuels (?), if you want to consider that a "loss."
    Duke was never significantly involved with Samuels. Carolina was, however.

Bello has not committed to UL. Doesn't sound like he was blown away this weekend.

A couple of questions for Airowe: I know you've said that Q is coming to CTC. In his interviews at the E24 event, it sounded as though Q did not have any visits planned other than the UL visit. Is he really booked for CTC?

Also, there was talk a few months ago about our staff's late interest in Bello. Is the Bello interest dead?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Duke was never significantly involved with Samuels. Carolina was, however.
    Hi Jim! Just wanted to say thanks for your never-ending quality posts. You are the antithesis to needless posting. Here is a question for you, or anyone with speculative knowledge:

Because I don't want to go back through 46 pages of Quincy's thread, I will ask, has anyone thought that Quincy is dragging out his recruitment so he can get his good buddy, Deuce, a high quality scholarship offer? Before Quincy started talking about the two of them playing together, was Deuce going to get a serious look from a high-major like Louisville?

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post

A couple of questions for Airowe: I know you've said that Q is coming to CTC. In his interviews at the E24 event, it sounded as though Q did not have any visits planned other than the UL visit. Is he really booked for CTC?

Also, there was talk a few months ago about our staff's late interest in Bello. Is the Bello interest dead?
    According to Quincy's own Twitter, and other recruits that have been interviewed, Quincy is going to be at CTC. I don't know why he didn't include that in his list of visits honestly. As of today, the plan is for him to watch the banner raising.

Bello is not being recruited by Duke.

Because I don't want to go back through 46 pages of Quincy's thread, I will ask, has anyone thought that Quincy is dragging out his recruitment so he can get his good buddy, Deuce, a high quality scholarship offer? Before Quincy started talking about the two of them playing together, was Deuce going to get a serious look from a high-major like Louisville?
    Deuce Bello is a consensus Top 50 recruit and one of the most explosive players in the class. I don't think he needs Quincy to make the case for him to be a high-major recruit.

Also, I am not sure why you think Quincy is "dragging out" his recruitment. It is just the beginning of September. Roughly half of the top 50 is yet to commit to a school (that may be a bit, it might be more like 40%). If this were March or April and QMill was one of only 2 or 3 uncommitted guys in the top 100, then I could see saying he was "dragging it out," but at this point he is hardly out of the norm to still be taking visits and making up his mind.

--Jason "Duke has Gbinije, no reason for us to be interested in Bello" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Deuce Bello is a consensus Top 50 recruit and one of the most explosive players in the class. I don't think he needs Quincy to make the case for him to be a high-major recruit.

Also, I am not sure why you think Quincy is "dragging out" his recruitment. It is just the beginning of September. Roughly half of the top 50 is yet to commit to a school (that may be a bit, it might be more like 40%). If this were March or April and QMill was one of only 2 or 3 uncommitted guys in the top 100, then I could see saying he was "dragging it out," but at this point he is hardly out of the norm to still be taking visits and making up his mind.

--Jason "Duke has Gbinije, no reason for us to be interested in Bello" Evans
    I guess it just seems he is dragging it out, since we've been following him for what feels like eternity. That coupled with the amazing twists and turns that have whipsawed the general recruiting community. (That's not to say I don't like the kid...he seems like a smart fellow with a lot of personality.) But, to date there have been at least three schools that have considered him close to a "lock" at one point or another.

Deuce is a top 50 recruit now...but when Quincy first started talking about him a year or more ago, was he that high? I am not doubting his ability, but having a top 10 recruit sing your praises certainly can't hurt, and may contribute to more eyes on you.

Here is a transcript of QM's SLAM Online chat of last week: http://www.slamonline.com/online/col...ler-live-chat/

I guess it just seems he is dragging it out, since we've been following him for what feels like eternity. That coupled with the amazing twists and turns that have whipsawed the general recruiting community. (That's not to say I don't like the kid...he seems like a smart fellow with a lot of personality.) But, to date there have been at least three schools that have considered him close to a "lock" at one point or another.

Deuce is a top 50 recruit now...but when Quincy first started talking about him a year or more ago, was he that high? I am not doubting his ability, but having a top 10 recruit sing your praises certainly can't hurt, and may contribute to more eyes on you.
    It might just feel that way also because Quincy has been involved with different schools at different times and, it seems, with different intensities. Plus, he is a very... lets say "enthusiastic" kid so seems to fall for all the schools he has looked at.

After reading this and getting to know Quincy Miller's personality better, I don't see him coming to Duke. I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like Quincy wants to be the main man. If Duke get's Austin, Austin will be the main guy. Therefore, I believe Quincy will be a Cardinal.

Any word on how QM's visit went? He hasn't committed yet so should we consider this a good sign?

Miller

Reggie Rankin of ESPN reports:

Just spoke with ESPNU 100 PF Quincy Miller who says he is meeting with Marquette and Duke today. about 2 hours ago via web

Not sure if this has been reported before, but apparently Miller is attending Midnight Madness