Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vlove View Post
    and this probably also explains the relative lack of playing time for andre dawkins- hard to juggle 2 jobs at the same time!
    I think I heard 1 of the announcers mention he has a twisted ankle that hes trying to play on..

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    I think I heard 1 of the announcers mention he has a twisted ankle that hes trying to play on..
    Dawkins appeared to twist his ankle on a drive to the basket in the first half. I don't know of any injury he had coming into the game.

Awesome... I honestly think that the excellent play of the Plumlees will contribute as much to these guys wanting to come as anything else. Combined with the struggles of the holes, things are definitely looking up for us!

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Awesome... I honestly think that the excellent play of the Plumlees will contribute as much to these guys wanting to come as anything else. Combined with the struggles of the holes, things are definitely looking up for us!
    Man, I hope you are right! I could use some good news...

I agree with the fact that the plumlees making exciting plays like they did last game it shows Quincy that he could do the same. An duke isn't a boring offense in which big men can't prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    I agree with the fact that the plumlees making exciting plays like they did last game it shows Quincy that he could do the same. An duke isn't a boring offense in which big men can't prosper.
    I thought QM and TR both considered themselves to be wings (although QM sounds like a pretty tall one if he is), so I'm not sure the fate of big men in Duke's offense is all that relevant. That said, it was an exciting game and a big Duke win, so presumably it couldn't hurt our chances with two important recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I thought QM and TR both considered themselves to be wings (although QM sounds like a pretty tall one if he is), so I'm not sure the fate of big men in Duke's offense is all that relevant. That said, it was an exciting game and a big Duke win, so presumably it couldn't hurt our chances with two important recruits.
    Oh i always though QM was a 4. Idk i must be wrong then.

@qmillertime, last night around 8:30pm:
    Turn to the Duke game I'm right behind the gym..it's hype in here! Let's goooooooo!! Lol
    @qmillertime, around 11:30 this morning:
    What a night! Was good tweeps!
    At least he enjoyed himself.

Oh i always though QM was a 4. Idk i must be wrong then.
    He probably plays 4 in high school, but I've read he expects to play 3 or 3/4 in college. I'm not saying it's necessarily true, or that's the way it will happen, but I know I've read that somewhere. Sorry, I don't have a link.

Its good to see some Strong Post play. However, to this point its been very opportunistic, meaning put backs, follows and garbage baskets (STILL counts the same!! I'll take it, dont get me wrong...)

But, I cant help but want to see a smidge more. So far Mason and Singler have demonstrated they can dribble drive and create a shot or pass. Other guys, when they are the focus of an O-set, seemingly travel or have a TO. Maybe I just remember those more... Thats why Lances J is HUGE... no dribbling and no footwork. Sets him up to run high-post and see over defenders or draw other bigs away from the cup FOR someone else to get an easy deuce.

I'll be MUCH more confident when Miles or Zoubs can catch down low and be effective as part of the offense when their play is called.

Last night was DEFINATE progress...
    Not being soft. Being effective post men and not just tall guys standing around is wonderful to see.

So I hope a prospect like Q can see he has a place on the team and there is no logjam to getting on the court.
    Last edited by wilko; 01-18-2010 at 12:43 PM.

impact of big men play

Yeah, what I was getting at was that I think having quality big men to play alongside them will make the guards/wings want to come. The last few years we haven't really had that, so it's a tougher sell to a recruit who knows that defenses will be able to key in on him. I know this is really an overgeneralization, but nevertheless these guys picked a great day to attend a game!

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Yeah, what I was getting at was that I think having quality big men to play alongside them will make the guards/wings want to come. The last few years we haven't really had that, so it's a tougher sell to a recruit who knows that defenses will be able to key in on him. I know this is really an overgeneralization, but nevertheless these guys picked a great day to attend a game!
    They sure did. If that doesn't fire them up, then I don't know what could! I must say that I am a little jealous of UK, we need a spokesbabe like they have in Ashley Judd. Any really nice looking famous Duke Alumni that we can call on?

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    They sure did. If that doesn't fire them up, then I don't know what could! I must say that I am a little jealous of UK, we need a spokesbabe like they have in Ashley Judd. Any really nice looking famous Duke Alumni that we can call on?
    I would like to volunteer. Please forward a pair of tickets to me for some remaining home games, and I will promise to be there.

ricks

First Nominee

Kara DioGuardi

Quote Originally Posted by dukejim1 View Post
    Kara DioGuardi

I vote for her! Sorry Ricks68, but your avitar isn't very attractive.

2nd Nominee

No street cred but powerful in her own way.

Melinda Gates

Quote Originally Posted by dukejim1 View Post
    No street cred but powerful in her own way.

Melinda Gates
    I don't see Melinda cheering at Duke games like this:

I do suddenly see myself as a Wildcat cheerleader

me too

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    I vote for her! Sorry Ricks68, but your avitar isn't very attractive.
    My avatar isn't very attractive either.

(Probably thinks it's Shelden, too.)

ricks

Mine is great