From Qs Twitter:
    "Yoooo Carolina just lost to C.C!!! Haha wow"

Well put.

Go Quincey

Quote Originally Posted by GarrickB28 View Post
    From Qs Twitter:
    "Yoooo Carolina just lost to C.C!!! Haha wow"

Well put.
    I love Quincey even if he does not pick Duke. He's like me. No love for unc and the ugly blue. Go Duke!

Looks like Q is watching the game tonight in person. From his twitter account:

Watching the DUKIES in Chicago(hometown)...let's get money Devils!!

Quote Originally Posted by ajgoodfella7 View Post

I think this could be translated: Watching the DUKIES. They're in Chicago (that's my hometown)... Let's go Devils!

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    I think this could be translated: Watching the DUKIES. They're in Chicago (that's my hometown)... Let's go Devils!
    I'm sorry but this is a bit much airowe - do you REALLY feel like you've translated something?

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    I'm sorry but this is a bit much airowe - do you REALLY feel like you've translated something?
    Well, yeah. I posted my opinion of what I thought the tweet meant.

There's a difference between Quincy watching the game in Chicago or from somewhere else.

Thumbs up

I'm guessing Airowe's translation is correct. I think we would have heard if Q was actually at the game.

s.i.

The post air was responding to said it looked like Miller was in Chicago watching the game in person... I interpreted Miller's tweet the same way airowe did.

Quote Originally Posted by ajgoodfella7 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleIrish View Post
    I'm guessing Airowe's translation is correct. I think we would have heard if Q was actually at the game.

s.i.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriole Way View Post
    The post air was responding to said it looked like Miller was in Chicago watching the game in person... I interpreted Miller's tweet the same way airowe did.
    Didn't think I was going crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by Oriole Way View Post
    I see - I see. I totally missed that goodfella read that as him being at the game - thus I see the need for the "translation". I assumed goodfella simply must have known he was at the game to figure he was that far from North Carolina on a Wed. night. Apologies to airowe.

I see - I see. I totally missed that goodfella read that as him being at the game - thus I see the need for the "translation". I assumed goodfella simply must have known he was at the game to figure he was that far from North Carolina on a Wed. night. Apologies to airowe.
    No worries Supa. Hopefully Quincy does see a Duke game in person this season and next.

Why did I just flash back to Barbara Billingsley (the mother in "Leave It To Beaver") in "Airplane" volunteering: "Why yes, I speak Jive"

Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da' help!

BD80! You're showing your age brother! LOL!

BD80! You're showing your age brother! LOL!
    He's got his graduating class in his user name. It's not like he's trying to hide his age.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    He's got his graduating class in his user name. It's not like he's trying to hide his age.
    Maybe he is actually 80.

Quote Originally Posted by stillcrazie View Post
    Maybe he is actually 80.
    His "Duke affiliation" is in his profile.

As for Quincy, his previous tweet before the one about Duke/ISU was about watching Syracuse/Memphis. It would be quite a feat if "watch" meant in-person for both games (given the distance between locations). I think it's safe to say that he was watching both on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by stillcrazie View Post
    Maybe he is actually 80.
    I know BD. He's not 80, he only looks 80.

(sorry, BD, couldn't resist)

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Technically graduating class has nothing to do with age but using 'Leave it to Beaver' references most definitely does...

It says on ESPN Insider that Miller and CJ Leslie will be at the GA/KY game this weekend on an un-official visit. It sounds like Kentucky is putting the heat on Q.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I know BD. He's not 80, he only looks 80.

(sorry, BD, couldn't resist)
    Hey, it dosn't matter how old you look, it's how old you feel!!

Aww crap.

Technically graduating class has nothing to do with age but using 'Leave it to Beaver' references most definitely does...
    Frankly, I thought the movie Airplane! was more than 30 years old. The Zucker brothers and Jim Abrahams were the Wayans brothers of my generation. Using then 65 year old June Cleaver (who hadn't acted since "Beaver went off the air in 1963) to "interpet" "Jive" was friggin hysterical. It was the contrast in cultures and generations ... Kinda like a Duke grad "interpretting" a Tweet ... that really didn't need interpretting, just clarifying...

Crap again, now I need someone to interpret for me, does anyone speak really old guy?