Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    Agree, but he is a Duke FAN, and so we should not be too surprised that he is following those damned devils!!

This brings up a question... have we ever lost on a recruit that was a confirmed Duke "Fan" and that we offered??
    Haha... Marcus Ginyard.. but yet again we never wanted him.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueequalslife23 View Post
    Is this kid a 3 or a 4? I've heard he has a bounce like a 3. And standing at 6'8 that's where Singler and Robinson were last night at the 3. But when you see his twitter he's getting 10 blocks a game it seems like... anybody?
    What difference does it make?

???

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    What difference does it make?
    What position was Grant Hill? 3? 4? 1? Sounds like Miller is a versatile player.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueequalslife23 View Post
    Is this kid a 3 or a 4? ...
    He will be the starting BEAST!

Think of a longer Nate James. You gonna tell him what he is or isn't?

With Q and Kyrie on the floor, there would be NO question of whether Duke was athletic.

Can you imagine how good of a weak side defender he could be at Duke? Shots would be blocked, I tell you.

On offense, so much would be dictated by match-ups, but with Kyrie and a bevy of heady marksmen on the perimeter, Q could post up without a double team or get unlimited open 10-12 jumpers.

I hope Q is enjoying this year's success, picturing how well he would fit in.

Miller has actually grown to 6'10" and yes he is very versatile. He has a solid handle already and can shoot the 3 ball but is capable down low both offensively and defensively. He is originally from Illinois and still has family there so that probably explains why he is visiting there now.

@qmillertime

Just found out that I'm headed to the UK on Friday and watching the game sat.

looks like he is headin to UK. bleh!

Maybe he's going to the United Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerstud2210 View Post
    @qmillertime

Just found out that I'm headed to the UK on Friday and watching the game sat.

looks like he is headin to UK. bleh!

Maybe he is going as a regular basketball fan. He said he just found out. Do potential recruits just find out about visits?

yes they do

they do indeed, especially when they have handlers (coaches) who have an agenda. i'm not saying this is the case but the coach (handler) has a history of guiding his players to certain destanations. It doesn't always work but he can try.

I think that Clifton is less involved with Miller than Wall, but he wasn't exactly the guy leading Wall to Kentucky if we are to believe Gary Parrish and some of the other national guys who cover recruiting.

From Quincy's Tweet:

Coach K just told me someone sent him a prank email from me and said I was comitting from MY EMAIL ADDRESS

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    From Quincy's Tweet:

Coach K just told me someone sent him a prank email from me and said I was comitting from MY EMAIL ADDRESS

That's pretty funny. What high level recruit would commit via email? I am guessing none.

Quote Originally Posted by JaMarcus Russell View Post
    I think that Clifton is less involved with Miller than Wall, but he wasn't exactly the guy leading Wall to Kentucky if we are to believe Gary Parrish and some of the other national guys who cover recruiting.
    I know Clifton and he told me how impressed he was with Coach K after their meeting and he did not know after that meeting where Wall was leaning. He told me Wall made his decision later based on how strong the relationship he had with Calipari.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    That's pretty funny. What high level recruit would commit via email? I am guessing none.
    True- they would just update their facebook status.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    True- they would just update their facebook status.
    Or use Skype.

@qmillertime

Just left UK and all I can say is WOW!!

another update...ugh not feeling good about this one either

Yo peeps; calm down!! I did not commit anywhere yet!! - 3:20 Eastern today

Just left UK and all I can say is WOW!! - an hour ago

What about those Cats? Haha hanging with J.wall right now! He got off..thanx to Carolina! Kentucky! - 22 hours ago

Just got to Kentucky! Gametime soon..let's get money cats - yesterday morning before the game

Quote Originally Posted by HCheek37 View Post
    let's get money cats
    Hmmm . . . what an appropriate comment.

I can remember when I got all excited about Chris Burgess completing that class. That was the first and last time I let myself do that.

Nowdays it seems like recruiting is the more entertaining part of the college game for some - kind of like how "fantasy" sports have taken over the pro sports fandom. Oh well, I guess it's the fans that dictate what is entertaining.

I was rooting for Conn based on Quincy Miller. Based on his Twitter updates, he was following the game closely and has become quite the UK fan. For similar reasons relating to Rivers, I'm hoping Fla loses soon.

More on Kentucky visit

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=37116

Meanwhile, in Lexington, UK had one of their top targets visiting. Quincy Miller took in the UNC/UK game and I had the chance to speak with his coach, Isaac Pitts, today about that visit:

DR: Can you tell me a little bit about the visit and what Quincy was able to do?

Coach Pitts: He loved it. He liked the fans, the atmosphere that they played in, Kentucky as a whole. The coaching staff was great. He liked it. He knows John Wall and he had a chance to hang out with John and stuff like that, so he enjoyed it, he was excited.

DR: Do you know of anything that just really left an impression on Quincy?

Coach Pitts: Nationally televised game against Carolina. 25,000. That’s the wow right there. Everybody in the country watching the game, 25,000 people watching, jam-packed, standing room only, Kentucky wins. You know how Kentucky fans are. I don’t know what else you could look at, what else you could say or what else would wow him. If you’re a player, that’s the kind of atmosphere you want to play in.

DR: What’s next for Quincy?

Coach Pitts: I’m sure that’s not a one and done situation, just go to UK and that’s it and don’t visit anywhere else. I would think not. He’s going to take five (official) visits. That would be my advice but who knows? If a kid likes a place enough that they say this is where I want to go, which he hasn’t indicated that to me, so I don’t know. I would just imagine that’s the process. I know that UK, they do a good job and, like I said what is not to like, but I don’t know that so I can’t sit here and say whether he’ll take another visit or he won’t. Who knows?