Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    What I like most about his tweets? He's gonna bring some serious swagger whereever he goes...

Quincy deserves to stay at the top of the boards. He would (will) bring a physicality that can alter games.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Is he the fourth Plumlee brother? Because this guy loves to dunk the ball!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

this kid is sick. period. this would be a great get!

http://twitter.com/qmillertime
    @kyrieirving wassup bro

Can't be a bad thing either. Wish he would just go ahead and commit. It would be a bummer if he pulled a HB on us.

@kyrieirving nm chilling these cats out here..thanx for the bday wishes bro..ready for Duke? Lol

Nice. Kyrie stayin on top of recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreechTDX1847 View Post
    @kyrieirving nm chilling these cats out here..thanx for the bday wishes bro..ready for Duke? Lol

Nice. Kyrie stayin on top of recruiting.
    That is Quincy's message to Kyrie lol not the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by chrisheery View Post
    http://twitter.com/qmillertime
    @kyrieirving wassup bro

Can't be a bad thing either. Wish he would just go ahead and commit. It would be a bummer if he pulled a HB on us.
    yeah, i would like him to commit early too. i would like for duke to get realy commits in general.

i hate the way unc gets recruits to commit early..2011 they already have two studs

Quote Originally Posted by cwaugh View Post
    That is Quincy's message to Kyrie lol not the other way around
    I guess I'm not very twitter saavy.

I refuse to get sucked in to another recruiting thread, it is too painful!!

Anybody heard anything new???

Quote Originally Posted by speedevil2001 View Post
    yeah, i would like him to commit early too. i would like for duke to get realy commits in general.

i hate the way unc gets recruits to commit early..2011 they already have two studs
    I agree that it is nice to sign recruits early and I certainly would love to get Miller on board sooner rather than later but early recruits can backfire also. Some kids blossom and peak early which means a guy you sign as a junior thinking he will be a stud turns into a roll player and now you have used that scholarship and you don't have room for later bloomer like MP2 or Irving. I have read some people say that both Stickland and Marshall fit the early bloomer category and that while they were highly ranked as underclassmen, their ranks dropped some as other guys came into their own.

The other problem with signing guys too early is you can run into situations like Taylor King or (hopefully) Austin Rivers where they change their minds because they decided too early.

Like I said, I would very much like to get Miller (and Rivers for that matter) on board as soon as possible, but just because unc seems to be signing all of their recruits early doesn't mean they will end up being the best recruits later.

I can't believe I am following what high school kids say on twitter, but it is what it is I guess.

Kyrie's response when asked if he is ready for Duke next year:

kyrieirving

@qmillertime lol yea I'm ready the question is are you

And then Miller's response:

qmillertime

@kyrieirving haha I'm always ready bro..it's coming!

This has got to be a good sign, no?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue08 View Post
    I can't believe I am following what high school kids say on twitter, but it is what it is I guess.

Kyrie's response when asked if he is ready for Duke next year:

kyrieirving

@qmillertime lol yea I'm ready the question is are you

And then Miller's response:

qmillertime

@kyrieirving haha I'm always ready bro..it's coming!

This has got to be a good sign, no?
    Gotta like that kyrie. I Like his questions

ah man i cant read that without being more confident than i was moments ago. hopefully its serious

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    I agree that it is nice to sign recruits early and I certainly would love to get Miller on board sooner rather than later but early recruits can backfire also. Some kids blossom and peak early which means a guy you sign as a junior thinking he will be a stud turns into a roll player and now you have used that scholarship and you don't have room for later bloomer like MP2 or Irving. I have read some people say that both Stickland and Marshall fit the early bloomer category and that while they were highly ranked as underclassmen, their ranks dropped some as other guys came into their own.

The other problem with signing guys too early is you can run into situations like Taylor King or (hopefully) Austin Rivers where they change their minds because they decided too early.

Like I said, I would very much like to get Miller (and Rivers for that matter) on board as soon as possible, but just because unc seems to be signing all of their recruits early doesn't mean they will end up being the best recruits later.
    And the evaluations of these kids get more accurate as they get more exposure, as some may rise and some may fall (for better OR WORSE). Think about the twin bigs in Chapel Hell (Wear brothers). Ole Huck got their commitments way early - like start of Junior year of HS sorta thing - when they were top-15-20 in their class. But as time went on they faded a little and wound up, by most accounts, in the 30's somewhere. In the meantime Roy passed on Mason Plumlee (who ultimately came to be ranked in the 10 -15 range in his class). Yes, there certainly is such a thing as getting commitments too early!

more twitter updates

looks like the best info or more interesting stuff is coming from Quincy Miller's Twitter account...

# 1
    @kyrieirving yo do u think I can come to ST.pats or is that not possible? 10:20 PM Nov 26th from Echofon in reply to kyrieirving

Interesting comment here joking about playing with Kyrie in HS..

Loving Illinois now..the fans are showing me mad love! Good school..they are not out the question about 7 hours ago from Echofon

Visiting Illinois currently and having some fun but...

Those damn devils haha up by 16..my boy dawkins is getting buckets! about 7 hours ago from Echofon

Keeping an eye on Duke even while up in Illinois. Hopefully 'damn devils' isn't an anti-duke sentiment haha

Jeez I love analyzing a HS student's twitter...i guess its what the world is coming to...

Quote Originally Posted by HCheek37 View Post
    Jeez I love analyzing a HS student's twitter...i guess its what the world is coming to...
    Not my world. Too much meaningless information.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Not my world. Too much meaningless information.
    Agree, but he is a Duke FAN, and so we should not be too surprised that he is following those damned devils!!

This brings up a question... have we ever lost on a recruit that was a confirmed Duke "Fan" and that we offered??

Is this kid a 3 or a 4? I've heard he has a bounce like a 3. And standing at 6'8 that's where Singler and Robinson were last night at the 3. But when you see his twitter he's getting 10 blocks a game it seems like... anybody?