Latest Duke-UNC recruit smackdown

Not sure where this should go, mods can move it to an appropriate thread if needed.

Rivers, Cook, and MP3 with Hairston and McAdoo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3NfE43pofI

Quinn Cook cracks me up

Austin: ACC you get a ring man ,we got a ring for that.

PJ: That's fine. That's fine

Quinn: They got a t-shirt for the uhh...

Room explodes in laughter!

Our guys are so cute.
    Not a shy shrinking violet in the bunch.
    Suddenly, I feel a lot better!
    LGD!!!!!!

Hairston looks quite a bit thicker than any of our guys. Looks like it will be our guards vs. their bigs once again. Nice to see kids being kids while respecting each other and the rivalry.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    That was fun. They all seem like good guys. I was a little surprised at how well versed both sides are on the Duke and UNC rosters.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Hairston looks quite a bit thicker than any of our guys. Looks like it will be our guards vs. their bigs once again. Nice to see kids being kids while respecting each other and the rivalry.
    Several potential jokes here, but I've found it interesting that UNC occasionally has some "bulkier" players like Sean May, Will Graves, and now Hairston. Duke under Coach K seems to go more for the leaner guys.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Several potential jokes here, but I've found it interesting that UNC occasionally has some "bulkier" players like Sean May, Will Graves, and now Hairston. Duke under Coach K seems to go more for the leaner guys.
    Yeah, but John Henson's eating disorder makes up for it (joking of course, but I thought appropriate for this particular thread).

I love seeing kids having fun in these situations. Can't wait til next season.

Gotta say I am impressed with all 5 of them. I had a chance to watch PJ Hairston in the skills competition, and I definitely agree with Kong that they are going to love him in Chapel Hill. That kid might be pretty good.

I am also impressed with how well each of those guys knows the opponent's roster. Franly, they all seem smart, and I am glad we got at least 3 of them.

Last years "smack talk" left me unimpressed with Bullock, though....funny how Roy instructed them not to say anything dumb this year....

Looks like a man and four boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    Looks like a man and four boys.
    I feel like that about all the teams we face, they are MEN.

That is just too funny! The Carolina guys, given the opportunity to rag on Duke and Coach K, responding "Our Coach specifically called us up and told us NOT to do that, not to do what Marshall did last year... (that's Coach Williams)...."

LOL!!!
    See, they CAN learn!!

But seriously, a solid group of kids, respectful of each other, obviously very confident in themselves, and knowledgeable about the two teams, rosters, etc.

Oh no...

I already like McAdoo. This is not good. First Kendall and now McAdoo? What the hell is wrong with me? I want more McCantses, Mays, and Bullocks.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I already like McAdoo. This is not good. First Kendall and now McAdoo? What the hell is wrong with me? I want more McCantses, Mays, and Bullocks.
    Hairston will make up for that. But you are right, McAdoo is a great player. He does anything and everything- and a terrible matchup for Duke. The hope is that he is not around that long.

Fun to watch

Fun video to watch. Nice seeing the kids enjoying themselves. Hairston and Rivers definitely definitely have the most outgoing personalities.

The usual idiots at insidecarolina have a hot thread entitled:
    A. Rivers = Locker Room Cancer

in which they rag on Austin for being whiny, spoiled, pouty, etc, etc.

Got a feeling that the heat in the Duke/UNC rivalry, which never goes away, is going to increase next year. It's usually just fans, but sometimes the players take an active dislike to the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    The usual idiots at insidecarolina have a hot thread entitled:
    A. Rivers = Locker Room Cancer

in which they rag on Austin for being whiny, spoiled, pouty, etc, etc.

Got a feeling that the heat in the Duke/UNC rivalry, which never goes away, is going to increase next year. It's usually just fans, but sometimes the players take an active dislike to the other side.
    Yes, you're right about that! Sometimes it's just a genetic phenomenon.