Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
It's not like K and Roy are selling the same car with the same appointments. There are differences between Duke and UNC, and all universities and programs. I highly doubt one is a better recruiter than the other. Maybe, just maybe, the recruits make their own decisions. Maybe they choose based on fit, model, and finish all by themselves. Sure the coaches make great pitches and have some influence, but once the short list is made I'll bet the recruits consciously or not, develop their own pros and cons list, and decide what feels right. Roy didn't swoop in, and get Barnes. Barnes decided to go to chappel hill. Hopefully, Quincy Miller will choose Duke. I think too much is made of the sales job. Ultimately, we make our own choices. These kids aren't drones. Recruiting is overanalyzed sometimes.
I told myself that once the season started I would not post about recruiting, but I have to whole-heartedly support your statement. Nothing about Barnes recruitment indicated that his decision was impetuous. If the decision was based on "selling", Barnes would have been a Tar Heel in August after his OV.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I BROKE THIS PROMISE TO MYSELF. MODS HELP ME REGAIN MY DIGNITY BY DELETING THIS POST. (Caps are for my own benefit.)