Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

I am breaking my own promise..

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    It's not like K and Roy are selling the same car with the same appointments. There are differences between Duke and UNC, and all universities and programs. I highly doubt one is a better recruiter than the other. Maybe, just maybe, the recruits make their own decisions. Maybe they choose based on fit, model, and finish all by themselves. Sure the coaches make great pitches and have some influence, but once the short list is made I'll bet the recruits consciously or not, develop their own pros and cons list, and decide what feels right. Roy didn't swoop in, and get Barnes. Barnes decided to go to chappel hill. Hopefully, Quincy Miller will choose Duke. I think too much is made of the sales job. Ultimately, we make our own choices. These kids aren't drones. Recruiting is overanalyzed sometimes.
    I told myself that once the season started I would not post about recruiting, but I have to whole-heartedly support your statement. Nothing about Barnes recruitment indicated that his decision was impetuous. If the decision was based on "selling", Barnes would have been a Tar Heel in August after his OV.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I BROKE THIS PROMISE TO MYSELF. MODS HELP ME REGAIN MY DIGNITY BY DELETING THIS POST. (Caps are for my own benefit.)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    I told myself that once the season started I would not post about recruiting, but I have to whole-heartedly support your statement. Nothing about Barnes recruitment indicated that his decision was impetuous. If the decision was based on "selling", Barnes would have been a Tar Heel in August after his OV.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I BROKE THIS PROMISE TO MYSELF. MODS HELP ME REGAIN MY DIGNITY BY DELETING THIS POST. (Caps are for my own benefit.)
    To late i've read it your scared for life.

Quincy turned 16 today... he's young for a junior in high school. Happy birthday, Quincy!

roy doesn't get everyone he wants

let's not get too crazy thinking roy gets whoever he wants. off the top of my head i can think of a few he wanted bad and didn't get, for example

singler
    kevin love
    delvon roe
    john wall

i'm sure there are others

Quote Originally Posted by mailman2927 View Post
    let's not get too crazy thinking roy gets whoever he wants. off the top of my head i can think of a few he wanted bad and didn't get, for example

singler
    kevin love
    delvon roe
    john wall

Scratch off John Wall, he didn't really recruit him.

He might not have recruited him to Carolina but he negatively recruited him away from Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    Scratch off John Wall, he didn't really recruit him.
    lmao!!!! This is hilarious to me. dfb - I think you're a closet Carolina fan.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    hahaha them is fighting words

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    hahaha them is fighting words
    Are you taking up for Roy on the board? But seriously, I'm more than willing to give Roy his props. He puts in WORK. AND - he trys to do it the right way - the Dean way. As high flying as UNC could be there's still not too much showboating and it's most definitely frowned upon. I'm sure that turned Roy off on John Wall as much as his baggage.

Besides, would it be as fun if Matt Doherty was still getting big recruits? He did get a few you know very well - so you guys should understand that UNC is gonna get BIG TIME recruits no matter what. It's just the way it is. Honestly, if there's no UNC there's no Duke - it really does work that way. No one really remembers the blow-outs but the close games? Oh there's so many...

In the meantime, Mr. Miller has none of the baggage and most definitely appears to be excited about Duke. Let's sit back and enjoy the ride. The last year has been fabulous in my eyes and we scored 101 last night. This year is gonna be a good one to watch - for us and Quincy - just look at who he may get to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    I have my suspicions too

In case anyone is interested, Travis McKie is the number 50 recruit for 2010. He plays for Boo Williams's AAU team which is the same club team for Andre Dawkins and UNC's 2011 commitment James McAdoo (they must have a hell of a team). Anyways, he wrote a comment on his Twitter about how Miller has more followers on Twitter than himself and said it was due to Duke fans. However, he intentionally used a very common misspelling that Duke haters like to use.

Here's Quincy's reply (looks he wrote it first thing in the morning so there are some typos, but you will get the idea):
    o yea and don't ever spell Duke wrong my man..we will best wake forest.
    I am sure you can figure out the next word, but it's filtered out on this site.

I won't take too much from it, but it sounds like he's a Duke fan to me

Quote Originally Posted by JaMarcus Russell View Post
    I am sure you can figure out the next word, but it's filtered out on this site.
    Is it the same word used here?

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...3&postcount=45

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    His tweets speak for themselves. I don't go on Facebook much, but someone posted some of his pics on TDD. He has an entire photo album dedicated to Duke and has pics of him in Duke gear smiling with K, Gerald, I think Wojo, and of him on Cameron's floor simply posing and smiling. I don't even have one of those!

In one of his pics, a Carolina fan said he should go play for Roy Williams. A Duke fan responded, well Roy doesn't have any Olympic Gold Medals. Quincy responded something to the effect of, "He sure doesn't, haha. "
    That's exactly what I wanted to hear. He is a fan in the truest sense of the word!! Now he can take the next step that few get to take and become a part of the family by signing a LOI. Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by mailman2927 View Post

singler
    kevin love
    delvon roe
    john wall

Remove Wall and add:

Greg Paulus
    Spencer Hawes
    Jrue Holliday
    Samardo Samuels
    Al-Farouq Aminu
    Ryan Kelly

Out of curiousity, I looked at the Twitter exchange and noticed that McKie (who is quite a prolific Tweeter) sent an irritated tweet to Kendall Marshall, who apparently "unfollowed" McKie. McKie was recruited by UNC, but never got an offer. I guess once you're in the UNC family, everyone else gets kicked to curb.

Back to Miller... I noticed a tweet from Tuesday night that he recorded his first triple double (17pts, 20rebs, 12blks). Congrats to Quincy... that's a monster line. Too bad he had to be in Charlotte to play that night instead of watching Duke destroy Charlotte in Cameron.

In other news, while Googling his name to confirm that stat line (didn't turn up anything), I saw that his team lost to Christ School (Plumlee's alma mater) earlier this month. Quincy lead his team in scoring with 26, but I noticed that Marshall was not listed among Christ school's top 5 scorers.

hmmm

hmmmm, in perusing Quincy's twitter page, he had a new "mantra" which looked alot like Kyrie Irving's H&H. (humble and honest).

He simply tweeted G&H and said later that it meant Greedy and Humble.

Just thought I'd add this piece of info.

Quote Originally Posted by HCheek37 View Post
    hmmmm, in perusing Quincy's twitter page, he had a new "mantra" which looked alot like Kyrie Irving's H&H. (humble and honest).

Hopefully he wants to follow in his school choice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HCheek37 View Post

I think Kyrie's actually stands for "hungry and humble."

Twitter Update

Quincy's newest "tweet" says,

"Wow...NC vs Syracuse haha"

Which hopefully if I'm not over analyzing is a laugh at the Tar Heels..

After HB i really hated when people said we were the leaders, but this one seems like QM is saying it himself. So when is he going to commit?