Thread: Ben Patrick

Ben Patrick

Mel Kiper and other draft gurus have Ben Patrick listed as the third best tight end in the up-coming football draft.Does anyone know why he left Duke for Delaware and didn't he have to sit out a year, ( or if you transfer from Division 1 to 1-A you do not have to sit out ) ?

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    Mel Kiper and other draft gurus have Ben Patrick listed as the third best tight end in the up-coming football draft.Does anyone know why he left Duke for Delaware and didn't he have to sit out a year, ( or if you transfer from Division 1 to 1-A you do not have to sit out ) ?
    If you transfer from Division 1 to 1-AA, you indeed do not have to sit out a year.
    As for why Ben left the Duke team, I suspect it's because, well, we stink.

I'm both a Delaware and Duke graduate & attend all of the (sold out) Delaware football games. I remember Ben being quoted as saying that he was plain tired of losing... Delaware also has a great football tradition and very dedicated fans. Same reason Shawn Johnson (all ACC player) left to come to Delaware.

There is a lot more to it than that....

Patrick left because his buddy got benched as well as 2 upper class O-Lineman. Those defections can be directly related to the team's dismal performance last year.

Please tell me more..

Quote Originally Posted by HCFthird View Post
    Patrick left because his buddy got benched as well as 2 upper class O-Lineman. Those defections can be directly related to the team's dismal performance last year.
    HI,

I would like to know more about this. I am not familiar with the inner workings of the Duke football program. I do know that we are not a disciplined team--false starts, off-sides, stupid penalties, need I go on?

GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kewlswim View Post
    HI,

I would like to know more about this. I am not familiar with the inner workings of the Duke football program. I do know that we are not a disciplined team--false starts, off-sides, stupid penalties, need I go on?

GO DUKE!
    You forgot missed extra points.

I don't know Ben that well but had a few classes with him and had a couple random conversations with him before he left Duke. From what I gather, he was just tired of losing. Either way, he started or got significant time at Duke right away and was pretty much a beast. Very nice kid, too...

Those are just too darn painful to add...

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    You forgot missed extra points.

Hi,

Thanks, rub salt in the wound.

GO DUKE!