Need help from DBR/bet about West Wing

So apparently I have been bragging too much about DBR posters. My boyfriend and I missed the end of today's repeat of the West Wing--right at the end, James Taylor was on...desperately need to know what he sang and who the memorial was for (maybe Sam Cook?). Stakes for the bet aren't high, but he'll never let me forget it if I can't find the answer from someone on this board! Thanks in advance.

From Taylor's website:

"1.6.05
    Happy New Year! For those of you who missed JT's performance on NBC's "The West Wing" last month, the Sam Cooke song he performed ("A Change is Gonna Come") is now available in streaming audio at JT's official website. Finally, two new DVD's featuring James are available at Amazon.com: Sing Yourself Silly is a "Sesame Street" collection featuring JT's "Jelly Man Kelly" performed live on the show with the kids, and American Drummers Achievement Awards Honoring Steve Gadd is a 2-DVD set (with over 6 hours of centent!) featuring performances by James and also Eric Clapton. You can download a Quicktime video clip of JT's "October Road" performance from the Hudson Music website. "

http://www.jamestaylorweb.com/

As Pacer noted above, James Taylor is singing "A Change is Going to Come" by Sam Cooke. The Television Without Pity recap for that episode says that they were posthumously awarding the National Arts Medal to Sam Cooke.

Re-reading the last few pages of that recap reminded how good the end of that episode was. Jed admitting to Abbey that he accepted the Taiwanese flag because he couldn't see it due to his MS episode. Josh realizing that he was never going to be the top dog for Bartlet. The West Wing was a great show when it was on and still better than most when it wasn't. I always get sucked into watching an episode if I come across a repeat on TV.

Thanks!!

From me...thank you, thank you, thank you. From my boyfriend:
    "Dear spoiler, not only did you cost me a dollar and my perfect reputation for being right, but you also promise to have cost me endless hours of future ear drubbing by a Duke Basketball Report braggert. "

From me---oh, he is so correct!!!

Wait a minute - there's West Wing reruns? When?? What channel?!?

reruns of the WW

I've been watching them on Bravo while recuperating from shoulder surgery. 3 am (those are recorded) and at 8 am M-F (sometimes they also run at 9 am).