Thread: Demarco Cox

Demarco Cox

Duke is recruiting 6'8 300 pound Demarco Cox for football but also is a good basketball player. He stated on scout.com that Duke is on top of his list with an offer from Alabama for football also. Could Demarco Cox also play basketball for Duke? Duke could use a big guy like this and hopefully can land him.

Here is the link from scout.com

http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=2&...%2f868259.html

I couldn't read the article cause I don't have an account. But do you know how good he is?

Smile

Sorry rivals.com has him as a three star but he doesn't have Duke listed I don't know why though.

Here is the link:

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...=87271&sport=2

He says he wants to focus on basketball in college and if he doesn't get drafted after 4 years, he will pull a Greg Paulus and play one year of football.

He's a very physical post-player but even though he says the Duke coaches have been in contact with him (and Duke is his first choice), we only have 2 scholarships available to use on Barnes, Irving, Knight, Smith, Ferguson, McCullum, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by houstondukie View Post
    ...we only have 2 scholarships available to use on Barnes, Irving, Knight, Smith, Ferguson, McCullum, etc.
    I'd say its a fairly safe bet that we have three scholarships available. IMO, the pecking order would go: Barnes + (Knight or Irving or McCallum) + ???.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by houstondukie View Post
    He says he wants to focus on basketball in college and if he doesn't get drafted after 4 years, he will pull a Greg Paulus and play one year of football.
    Where is this information from? I hope it's not true - it doesn't seem like a very good plan for him.

The basketball scholarship situation won't matter if he were to come on a football scholarship, which is what I hope happens. We could use an actual banger, even if he doesn't play a ton of minutes early in his Duke career.
    Last edited by m g; 06-02-2009 at 09:24 AM. Reason: typo

I talked with Cox not too long ago. He listed Duke as being a team that showed some interest through an assistant coach. Not too sure what to make of his recent comments, but he did prefer hoops to football and held several football offers. Providence, Alabama, Arkansas and Ole Miss had offered him in basketball and football.

Providence offered him in football?

Cool.