Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You are far enough along so that I can ask you the following...

Did you notice the Dharma logo on the tail of the shark that threatens the raft during the second episode of season 2, "Adrift"?

-Jason "I think, thanks to the search feature, you may be able to find some of the threads we posted back then" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I did not see it, but someone told me about it after I had already seen the episode. Wikipedia tells me it is just a little easter egg and not actually meaningful - is that the consensus?

Speaking of Dharma though, I wonder if the Others are working for Dharma, or if maybe a character or two is a Dharma spy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    I did not see it, but someone told me about it after I had already seen the episode. Wikipedia tells me it is just a little easter egg and not actually meaningful - is that the consensus?

Speaking of Dharma though, I wonder if the Others are working for Dharma, or if maybe a character or two is a Dharma spy.
    Hmmmm, a Dharma symbol on a shark. Polar bears on a tropical island. Seems like this isn't a coincidence to me, but you'll have to find out for yourself if it's important or not.

A few episodes into Season 3. Most of the questions about the hatch have been answered, but very few of the overall questions have been. I think the smoke monster just blew apart my island-is-good theory.

The questions unanswered are: the nature of the smoke monster, polar bears, hallucinations, island healing powers, Others, whispering, E&M field, Walt, cursed numbers, the incident, four toed statue, Claire's baby, incident, dude with the eye patch, Desmond's ability to see the future, Adam and Eve and their stones, the lockdown of the hatch, and the toy truck found in the polar bear cave.

Sun vaulted up my list of favorite characters when she shot and killed that one Other woman. I must say though that I'm disappointed that the tail section survivors were introduced more or less only to give the writers more "major" character deaths. When they do get around to killing another one of the original characters, I have a feeling it's going to be Sayid. I just don't know if that'll happen this season, and I hope they give him the opportunity to do a little bit more first.

I still don't have any theory at all about who the Others are, except maybe that they're all part of Dharma.

A few episodes into Season 3. Most of the questions about the hatch have been answered, but very few of the overall questions have been. I think the smoke monster just blew apart my island-is-good theory.

The questions unanswered are: the nature of the smoke monster, polar bears, hallucinations, island healing powers, Others, whispering, E&M field, Walt, cursed numbers, the incident, four toed statue, Claire's baby, incident, dude with the eye patch, Desmond's ability to see the future, Adam and Eve and their stones, the lockdown of the hatch, and the toy truck found in the polar bear cave.

Sun vaulted up my list of favorite characters when she shot and killed that one Other woman. I must say though that I'm disappointed that the tail section survivors were introduced more or less only to give the writers more "major" character deaths. When they do get around to killing another one of the original characters, I have a feeling it's going to be Sayid. I just don't know if that'll happen this season, and I hope they give him the opportunity to do a little bit more first.

I still don't have any theory at all about who the Others are, except maybe that they're all part of Dharma.
    Tailies, glorified redshirts or significant cast members?

Michelle supposedly got booted from the show due to her run-in with the law. If I recall correctly Cynthia had a sitcom lined-up, which is why she left. As for Mr. Ecko, I heard he was dumped over a disagreement about some supposed family matter he was having, which TPTB didn't buy.

There weren't all that many Tailies to begin with and I believe TPTB actually intended to make good use of these characters, but things just didn't workout as planned. So no, I don't believe the Tailies were cannon fodder for the writers.

Fair enough.

One more thing: I'm not convinced that the Others prison is on a second, different island. I don't know how they would have pulled the trick off (mirrors?), but I don't believe it yet.

Well, never mind.

Season 4, Episode 2.

You weren't kidding, parts of Season 3 were a bit ridiculous... the Jack tattoo story has to be the low point of the whole show, and I'm not sure that Desmond's foresight was necessary. But the final episode... incredible. I had known that there were flashforwards before I started watching the show, but I guess I completely forgot that by the time I got there, and was blown away by that ending. I kept trying to figure out which character in his backstory died that would cause him so much grief... I assume now it's Locke, Sawyer, or Ben. The other parts of the last few episodes were awesome as well: blowing the Others away, Charlie writing on his hand, the extremely brief glimpse of Jacob.

My favorite characters, by the way: Boone, Sayid, Claire, Sawyer, Sun. It's a little annoying how often the writers used the terrible dad thing (seriously - Locke, Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Ben, Claire, Sun, Hurley... my god), but otherwise I'm actually interested in the flashbacks now.

I'm hoping that the flashforwards of Jack and Hurley (and more to come, I assume) don't take place after the entire TV series, but rather after Season 4 or 5, with part or all of the Oceanic Six returning before the story is over.

I'm also guessing, since they seem to have similar abilities, that Jacob and the Monster are one and the same or at least the same type of "animal."

Many people cite the tatoo episode and Bai Ling's appearance on Lost as the worst epsiode of the series. I think there are entire websites dedicated to ripping on Bai Ling.

(checks google)

Yup, here is a fabulous article on how useless she is. My favorite part is this--

Bai Ling is one of the few people I hate more than Paris Hilton. In fact if you tossed Paris, Britney, and Lindsay into a sack, threw that sack in an industrial sized blender, and then baked whatever came out of that blender in the oven, you would have Bai Ling.
    --Jason "the above link includes many photos of Bai Ling wearing some of the ugliest outfits ever created-- she's a lock for 'worst dressed' every single day of the year" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

But the final episode... incredible. I had known that there were flashforwards before I started watching the show, but I guess I completely forgot that by the time I got there, and was blown away by that ending.
    Aren't you happy you done have to wait 8 months to start the next season???

[jealousy]

Though honestly, we probably should have had you start this in December, haha.

I never really wrapped this up. Slight spoiler alert for the end of this post for season 6, by the way (episode titles for the first three episodes).

Things I'm 99% sure about:
    1. Juliet is dead.
    2. Corollary to above: Sayid is okay for now. But he won't make it to the end of the show; he's the most expendable of the Oceanic Six.
    3. Locke and Eko described different monsters. There are not one but two monsters corresponding to Jacob and his rival (or, less likely, the smoke monster appears differently to those with a clear conscience).
    4. Sawyer and Ben won't survive the series.
    5. Jacob's rival is evil.

Things I'm 50% about:
    1. The island, and the vast majority of the characters, won't survive the series.
    2. There's a whole lot of little kids in the background of the series. Aaron, Charlie, Ji Yeon, Clementine, and Jack's yet-to-be-revealed child. At least one and maybe all of them is going to play a major role in the outcome. Perhaps even in adult form.
    3. Jacob is good.

There are a lot of questions of course, but the ones I'm most interested in are:
    1. I have absolutely no idea what's going on with Claire. She can end up being anything from Jacob's apprentice to a damsel in distress character to the only character to survive the show to a main villain in season 6.
    2. Who's on who's side? It's safe to say that Richard and Illana are with Jacob, and fake Locke is his rival. But beyond that, it's blurry. Is Jack's dad (and by extension Claire) with Jacob or the rival? Which one of the two was in the cabin? Which one of the two was giving orders to the Others?
    3. Why can't Ben kill Wildemore? They must have some connection to Jacob and his rival, but I can't come up with one that makes sense.

And finally: please, please, please don't make Season 6 about alternate timelines. I used to be able to say "the explosion at the end of season 5 had always happened" as something I was 99% sure about, but I'm getting nervous. The first three episode titles for Season 6 are "LA X," "What Kate Does," and "The Substitute." Hopefully, LA X is just a little trick (note the space), and does not refer to all the characters showing up at LAX in the first episode.

And finally: please, please, please don't make Season 6 about alternate timelines. I used to be able to say "the explosion at the end of season 5 had always happened" as something I was 99% sure about, but I'm getting nervous. The first three episode titles for Season 6 are "LA X," "What Kate Does," and "The Substitute." Hopefully, LA X is just a little trick (note the space), and does not refer to all the characters showing up at LAX in the first episode.

*Slight season 6 spoilers below- highlight to see (assuming I did this right!)*

I think I heard that at comicon it was revealed that the first few episodes of the season would be in an alternate timeline but then we'd return to the original timeline. Sorry that I don't have a link. I'm guessing someone else on the board has it at hand! I'm not big on knowing spoilers though so I don't normally keep tabs on such things.