Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Fair Enough...

Quote Originally Posted by calltheobvious View Post
    Whoah, there, cowboy. Wheat is one of the most thoughtful posters on the boards here, his light blue roots notwithstanding.

I know that he was just having a little fun with us by posting that quote. My exasperation was not with him, but with the model of draft analytics in basketball and football (and, blessedly, to a lesser extent over the last decade in baseball).

Guess I'm just overly sensitive to the occasional "subtle" digs. No offense intended, Wheat.

Bygones.

Smile Charter that Wheat!

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Guess I'm just overly sensitive to the occasional "subtle" digs. No offense intended, Wheat.

Bygones.
    I am sure you will find Wheat to be a quite reasonable fellow if you meet him in person. Say, as a guide on a tarpon fishing trip.

sagegrouse

Another small response...

If a true Duke fan tried the same thing on IC, what do you think would happen?
    DBR is not the same as IC, which is likely why you have so many of us lurkers (not that Wheat is merely a lurker, but you get my point).

From what I understand, Devil's Den is more inline with IC, and, I would assume, an off-season transfer away from being Catspause (okay, that may have been intended as a mild dig).

Bygones.
    No problem...it was a subtle dig.

...and that's why I'm here and not IC. Subtle digs back and forth are interesting, fun and define the rivalry, not the juvinile crap on the other boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Didn't want you guys to miss this...

From NBA.com:
    "Tyler Hansbrough is clearly a man on a mission. Every time he touches the ball, the entire gym knows, as he takes out all of his frustrations on the rim. He's in great shape, jumping better than many of his counterparts, and also measuring out taller than most people expect him to, coming up with almost identical figures to that of Blake Griffin. You can sense that executives in the gym are starting to warm up to him more and more."
    The statement is comparing vital stats, which is not the same as comparing levels of talent. It's like saying they had the same blood pressure measures, or personal best score at Scrabble. It's just a number they have in common.

No passive/aggressive behavior here. This post is completely acceptable.