Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Memphis Accused of Violations By NCAA

The NCAA has accused the 2007-08 Memphis Men's Basketball team of violations. This involves a player on the FF team and a fraudulent SAT exam. Also notes an illegal travel fee payment to an associate of a player..

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...71764/15262000

Shocked I tell you... SHOCKED

of course....why do you think he bolted to UK? He'll leave them with some trash too...

One step ahead of the sheriff.

ESPN is reporting this now too...hysterical. I wonder how many Kentucky fans are going to throw up in their mouth just a little bit tonight.

Why not just go to the NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    of course....why do you think he bolted to UK? He'll leave them with some trash too...
    Why not just go to the NBA where he does not have to worry about this sort of stuff? I just don't get it.

GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kewlswim View Post
    Why not just go to the NBA where he does not have to worry about this sort of stuff? I just don't get it.

GO DUKE!
    72-112 record with the New Jersey Nets.

Been there, done that, went back.

Cal

He already did after allegations at UMass. where there is smoke there is fire guys. Once you can forgive and excuse away..twice....

He tried the nba. He wasn't just a failure..he was an EPIC FAIL. Horrible NBA coach.

Quote Originally Posted by studdlee10 View Post
    He already did after allegations at UMass. where there is smoke there is fire guys. Once you can forgive and excuse away..twice....

He tried the nba. He wasn't just a failure..he was an EPIC FAIL. Horrible NBA coach.
    Good point about the UMass episode.

This sets Calipari up for a pretty dubious record---first coach to go to Final Fours at 2 different schools and have both appearances vacated because of rules violations.

SHOCKER. There has to be more too. Just wait till stuff at UK goes down.

Do you know whats going to suck even more, Memphis will be punished when it was all Coach Cal's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueinBlo View Post
    Do you know whats going to suck even more, Memphis will be punished when it was all Coach Cal's fault.
    Although the argument could be made that the school should be watching over the coach's shoulder and double checking to avoid things like this, I've always thought that was a major flaw in the NCAA. I have no problem with sanctioning Memphis for ALLOWING it, but Calipari should be sanctioned wherever he goes next for DOING it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Although the argument could be made that the school should be watching over the coach's shoulder and double checking to avoid things like this, I've always thought that was a major flaw in the NCAA. I have no problem with sanctioning Memphis for ALLOWING it, but Calipari should be sanctioned wherever he goes next for DOING it.
    couldn't agree more. Just had this conversation with my boss who is a USC alum and so is kinda pissed about the fact that USC may suffer consequences but Tim Floyd will get a job in the NBA as an assistant in a heartbeat.

If the NCAA actually cracked down on these guys, like say IN THEIR WALLETS, they wouldn't pull this crap in the first place, at least not as many of them and not as often...

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    couldn't agree more. Just had this conversation with my boss who is a USC alum and so is kinda pissed about the fact that USC may suffer consequences but Tim Floyd will get a job in the NBA as an assistant in a heartbeat.

If the NCAA actually cracked down on these guys, like say IN THEIR WALLETS, they wouldn't pull this crap in the first place, at least not as many of them and not as often...
    Yes they would. They'd just try harder not to get caught.

Enjoy yourselves, UK.

Time for your longstanding local branch of the NCAA to re-open for business. It was closed down for the Pitino and Tubby years, but business is about to pick up.

Have fun.

dukemsu

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I have no problem with sanctioning Memphis for ALLOWING it, but Calipari should be sanctioned wherever he goes next for DOING it.
    Seriously. ESPECIALLY since it was Derrick Rose, the player who almost singlehandedly made Calipari into the 5-star recruit magnet he is. You think he would have landed the class he did this year if it hadn't been for Rose? I would be shocked if he wasn't a huge factor in Wall's decision.

This kind of reminds me of steroids cases in the MLB. Sure, there's a little bit of fallout, but in the end the perpetrator just gets a slap on the wrist (if that) while he enjoys the spoils earned from his wrongdoing. If the allegations are true and Calipari cheated, he'll still end up with a major net gain from the situation. The point of punishment be to disincentivize coaches from doing this kind of thing... frustrating system.

Amazing. The letter was sent to Memphis in January. Means either 1) Kentucky knew about it and didnt care, 2) Cal didnt tell them. Either way, stunning.

The NCAA needs to take Calipari down. This is becoming a joke. It must feel weird to be a UK fan right now. Even if they win a championship under Cal, it's likely that it would be erased from the record books after he eventually gets busted for cheating at UK too. My guess is that he's already broken multiple rules in the short time he's been there.

Cleveland State is now ON NOTICE.

Oh yeah, and all the bleating about Chris Collins attending a high school game last season, that sure sent the reporters into a tizz, quelle catastrophe!!!!
    I'll bet the press knew about this and sat on it, preferring the hearts and flowers approach towards dear old UK...don't they deserve some love and understanding?