Featherston's article on the Main Page is a must read for all of us who sometimes get down on the team, particularly, after a loss or when it appears that the season is not meeting our expectations. He provides a terrific comparison with other top teams and coaches and shows how difficult it is to maintain a place at the top over the years.

I also liked his discussions of his selections for All ACC teams, including his defense against the perception by many that there is a Carolina bias in these selections. As part of this discussion, he pointed out a couple of occasions where the ACC selection didn't follow the national honors supposedly proving his case (e.g. Dixon over JWill for ACC POY while JWill won national honors). Al did not address a couple of points. First, I suspect that some writers may pick based on just ACC stats and second, and most important, Duke (and JWill in that instance) has a huge advantage on the national level because nearly every Devils' game is televised, many of them nationally.

I, for one, really appreciate Al's articles even if there are areas where I disagree.

gw67