Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

The Other Woman

Juliet has a rock garden. Is her house fung shui? I think this must be a flashback. Someone knocks on the door. A woman, Harper, comes in. Juliet: Please don't take this the wrong way but I really don't think I need therapy. Harper: How bout we call it talking. Oh, Juliet, don't you know? We all need therapy. Juliet's least favorite part of being on the island is being treated like a celebrity. Harper reminds her that she's big news right now. Juliet doesn't like being the center of attention. Harper then tells her that she's not really a celebrity. She's no different from anybody else here and BD's rhymes with witch flag goes right up. Tom interrupts the cozy chat. Ben wants to see Juliet.

Tom takes Juliet to another house. Ben is standing on the porch with flowers. Ben: Welcome to your humble abode. Ben has a crush on Juliet. I can tell. He's fixed her up with the nicest house in The Barracks. Juliet is excited but she reminds him that she's only going to be there for 6 months. Ben wants her to feel at home.

Sun helps Juliet set up her shelter. Jack comes up. Charlotte and Faraday have left. All their stuff is gone. Jin saw them go into the jungle. He didn't say anything because he thought they were friends. Jin? Who used to work for Mr. Paik? He's not suspicious? Not speaking English doesn't equal stupid, writers.

Jack forms a search party. It starts raining, of course. But you know, if he's not going to take his shirt off, Jack in a wet t-shirt is fine with me. Juliet - alone - hears the whispering. She calls out to Jack and Harper appears. Harper: Hello, Juliet. Long time, no see. Juliet seems fairly freaked out by the whispering. I'm guessing she doesn't know where it comes from. Does it come from Uncle Jacob's cabin? Juliet: What are you doing here? Harper: I came to deliver a message, from Ben. Huh? Is he telepathic? Anyway, back to Harper: The two people you're looking for Faraday and Lewis, they're headed to The Tempest. And if they figure out how to deploy that gas then everyone on this island is going to die. Ben wants Juliet to stop them. Ben is exactly where he wants to be. Oh, OK, somehow I bet he can get to his Jason Bourne room even though Locke thinks he has Ben locked up. Sometimes I do wonder if Ben knew about The Swan though. I guess he must have, but then why weren't there any Others there pushing the button? Because pushing the button actually was important. Just a small nagging question. Ben wants Juliet to shoot Charlotte and Daniel. Jack comes up. Harper says she's an old friend of Juliet's. Yeah, I wouldn't believe her either. She's told Juliet where to look. Maybe Jack and his gun can go too. Oh writers, you've won me back. The whispering returns. Jack and Juliet turn around to investigate. Harper disappears. Was she even really there?

Flashback: Juliet crying in her lab. Goodwin comes in looking for gauze. They haven't met before. How many Others are there? She notices a burn mark and tells him to take a seat. He hurt himself at the power station. He leaned up against something, a transformer maybe. They lost Henrietta this morning. Goodwin can tell she's upset. He suggests Juliet talk to Harper. Juliet: Harper hates me. We only talk because we have to. I get the feeling she's a mean and spiteful person. Juliet is no fool. Goodwin: She's my wife. Oops, that doesn't mean she can't do foolish things. Goodwin says Juliet can talk to him, if she needs to. Juliet: If you promise not to tell your wife what I said about her, I won't tell anyone that you lied about how you hurt your arm. I know a chemical burn when I see one. Goodwin: You got a deal. Hmmm, maybe Goodwin was working at The Tempest. I think that is what we're supposed to believe.

By the way, what is in The Black Rock's journal and what were the Hanso's actually doing on that island? Something to consider. We're almost halfway through Season 4 and we haven't seen Richard yet. So far he hasn't loomed large this season. There's still time but I'll admit to being at least half wrong about Richard's role. OK, that's it for now. More later today. I promise Usul.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    We're almost halfway through Season 4 and we haven't seen Richard yet. So far he hasn't loomed large this season. There's still time but I'll admit to being at least half wrong about Richard's role.
    Richard was absent from most of Season 4 because Nestor Carbonell was a regular on the short-lived NBC series "Cane" that was shooting at the same time, and NBC wouldn't release him to do Lost episodes. Thankfully for Lost, Cane lasted about as long as a non-Bernard tail section survivor.

Maybe I shoulda stopped by on my way up to Cape Cod today to hear the rest of the recap!

I did invite you to stop by, you know. On Facebook.

I just bought the Season 5 Discs as a Christmas present for Mr. BD.

The Other Woman (cont.)

It's still raining. Juliet tells Jack that Charlotte and Daniel are headed to The Tempest. I've lost count of how many Dharma stations there are at this point. It's more than 6. It's better if Juliet doesn't talk about it. Jack asks her to talk to him. Juliet: What I need is for you to help me. Will you help me? They're going to walk through the night.

The next morning it's sunny. Charlotte and Daniel chat by a stream. They don't look like two people who just spent the night in the rain. They consult a map. Hey! How'd they get a map? Daniel: What happens if I can't do it? Charlotte reassures him that he can. They get up to leave and Kate comes through the trees. Charlotte pulls a gun. Daniel stops her. Daniel: It's OK. It's Kate. Oh, all right then. Kate's a little confused by the gun.

Daniel asks Kate about Miles. He's fine. Really? Cause the last time I saw him, he had a grenade in his mouth. Charlotte makes up a story about why they are out there. Kate can tell she's lying. She asks to look through Daniel's pack. Kate finds the gas mask. Charlotte knocks her out.

Jack asks Juliet about Harper. No, they aren't exactly friends. Juliet: She was my therapist. Jack: You people had therapists? Juliet: It's very stressful, being an Other, Jack. I love Juliet. Really, I do. I know I thought she was a stone cold rhymes with witch at the beginning. Sometimes I still do. But really, I ask you, why not be one if you can also be as cool as Juliet? Juliet is sure there are things in his past that Jack would rather not talk about. Jack: Yeah, you read them all in my file. Touche! Juliet: Trust me, Jack. You don't want to read my file.

Flashback: Juliet looks through a microscope. Ben looks at Juliet. Michael Emerson treats us to his very best lovestruck puppy dog look. It's something. Ben is still in charming mode. Goodwin comes in with an extra egg salad sandwich. Whoops. Ben is not happy about the interruption. The music gets a touch spooky. Juliet already ate plus she has an appointment with Harper in 10 minutes.

Juliet with Harper. Harper: So, Juliet, what do you think of Ben? Juliet doesn't hate Ben yet. Juliet: He's been really good to me. Harper: Of course he has, you look just like her. Juliet and I both wonder who. I'm guessing Annie. Harper then asks her about Goodwin. Juliet likes Goodwin too. Harper: When did you start sleeping with him? Whoops. Harper says she's not an idiot. She wants to know when did it start. She knows. She followed them. Harper: If you continue to have a relationship with Goodwin, there will be consequences. I don't want him to get hurt. Juliet: I would never hurt him. Harper: I am not talking about you. I am talking about Ben. But Ben's a good guy! He's told us so many times.

Clarie comes to talk to Locke. She wants to know what's going on with Miles. She thinks she might be less intimidating if she questions Miles. Claire: Don't you want to know whose boat it is?

Locke takes food to Ben. Ben works on Locke. He asks if people are starting to question Locke's authority. Ben says that he can help Locke. If Locke will take him out of the basement, he'll help Locke fight their common enemy. Their friends on the freighter? Ben: Not them, the one they work for. Locke doesn't trust Ben's word. Ben: All right then, I guess I'll have to show you.

Flashback: Juliet and Goodwin get romantic on a secluded beach. She doesn't want him to tell his wife because of Ben. Goodwin knows Ben has a crush on Juliet. He's not worried. Goodwin: A little less than a kilometer from here he has me working with chemicals that would kill every man, woman, and child on this island if I flip the wrong switch. Juliet still has the feeling that Ben would be upset. Goodwin: What's Ben gonna do?

The plane breaking up scene again. Ben sending Goodwin and Ethan to get lists. Juliet shares a look with Harper.

Juliet and Jack find Kate. Juliet says she'll get some water. Kate tells Jack what happened. She tells him about the gas masks. Jack calls to Juliet. She's gone.

At The Barracks, Locke has brought Ben up from the basement. He shows Locke a safe. Combination 36-15-28. Locke opens it. It's a videotape of the Red Sox! No, Ben taped over the game. Sacrilege!!

On the tape is Charles Widmore. Ben: This is Charles Widmore. This is the man whose boat is parked offshore. This is the man that's been trying to find the island. On the tape some thugs bring in a man in a blindfold. He's one of Ben's men that made the mistake of getting caught. Ben doesn't know how Widmore knows about the island. I do!! He read a journal!! What does he want? He wants to exploit the island. On the tape, Ben's man gets beaten up. Ben: Everything I know about Charles Widmore is in this file. He gives the file to Locke. Locke: There's one more thing I need to know. Your man on the boat, I want you to tell me who it is. Ben: All right, but you might want to sit down.

Kate and Jack track Juliet. Juliet is still on Charlotte and Daniel's trail. Kate tells Jack that she stayed to find out if the people on the freighter know she's a fugitive. Jack: Do they? Kate: Yeah, they know.

Juliet arrives at The Tempest. She goes inside and takes out her gun.

Flashback: Juliet shows up at Ben's house for a dinner. She thought it was a dinner party. Nope - just the two of them. It's taken Ben 3 years to invent a dinner party to get Juliet alone? Not a fast one, are you Ben. Juliet asks about bringing Goodwin back now that they have everyone on the list from the tail section. Ben tells her that Goodwin is still making a case for Ana Lucia. Ben's a bit testy. Ben promises that Goodwin's assignment will be over soon.

In The Tempest Daniel is trying to override the equipment. Juliet pulls the gun on Daniel. Daniel: Juliet, what are you doing here? She pulls off his gas mask. If he wants to release the gas, he'll die too. Daniel doesn't want to release it, he's trying to stop it. Charlotte comes up. Cat fight! Daniel tells them to stop but he doesn't quit working at the computer, typing furiously. The countdown is on and in true Galaxy Quest mode, it stops with 1 second left.

Flashback: Juliet reads Jack's file. Ben comes in. She tells him that Sheppard can help him. Ben has something to show her - it's Goodwin's body. Juliet: Why are you showing me this? Why did you bring me out here? Juliet accuses Ben of knowing this would happen. Why? Ben: Why? After everything I did to get you here. After everything I've done to keep you here, how could you possibly not understand that you're mine! Then calm Ben returns. Ben: Take as much time as you need. One thing I do know, I wouldn't want Ben as my stalker.

Juliet and Charlotte come out of The Tempest to find Jack and Kate. Juliet: It's OK, they're on our side. Charlotte says that she'll explain everything to Kate, how they just saved her life. Kate goes inside with Charlotte. Jack stays outside with Juliet. Jack: You OK? Juliet tells him that Ben wanted her to kill them. She thinks Ben will win in the end. Jack shouldn't be anywhere near her when he does. Jack: Why not? Juliet: Because he thinks that I'm his and he knows how I feel about you. Jack kisses her. Jack: He knows where to find me.

Hurley and Sawyer play horseshoes. Hurley wins. They see Ben walk by carrying some sheets. Ben: See you guys at dinner. Sawyer is shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    Tell me I'm not going crazy. I searched the archives, but I'm assuming the image that was linked has been taken down by now.

It was sometime shortly after this episode and in the " " s between Jason and Evans you had that picture of Miles w/ the grenade... or else I really am losing my mind. Anyone?
    Ahhhh- I think you are correct.

I was thinking of my Charlie dying avatar (which has since been replaced by a hand of Hold'em).

-Jason
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Why did Goodwin kill Nathan?

Why did Goodwin kill Nathan?
    So it could look like Nathan escaped and went back to the Others. If they kept Nathan in the pit, it might eventually come out that he was not a spy for the Others. Goodwin had to get rid of him to "confirm" that he was a spy.

Make sense?

-Jason
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Not exactly, now that we know Goodwin a little bit better, why didn't he just encourage Nathan to leave?

Not exactly, now that we know Goodwin a little bit better, why didn't he just encourage Nathan to leave?
    Where would Nathan go? What would happen to Goodwin if Nathan came back? Anna Lucia was convinced one of them was a traitor, he had to give her a traitor or risk her discovering it was really him.

--Jason "plus, I suspect Goodwin's character was not as well defined then as he is now" Evans

Ji Yeon

I'm not going to bother with the details of the Flash Forwards in this episode. It's Sun having the baby and Jin trying to get to the hospital with a toy panda. Jin's haircut has gone back to pre-island styling. So the Oceanic 6 are Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Sun, and Jin. But what about Aaron? Do they not count him because he was born on the island? Hmmm.

Frank , on the boat, Keamy asks him if he's ready. Keamy is wearing a wife-beater again. Tease. Frank says that he'll be up. Keamy: Don't be late, Frank. Frank takes food to Sayid and Desmond. Regina is sitting outside their room, guarding them, I suppose. She's reading Survivors of the Chancellor* by Jules Verne. Hmmm, isn't that sort like reading Jaws when you're laying out on the beach? Yes, BD did that. I wouldn't recommend it. Frank points out that the book is upside down anyway. Frank goes into the room. Sayid wonders why they are being held captive. It's not becasue of Minkowski, it's because they busted out and went to the radio room. Sayid: We didn't bust out. The door was left open. We assumed that was you. Frank: Why the hell would I do that? Frank hasn't been able to call the beach. Sayid: I still want to talk to the captain. Frank: No, you don't.

Jin and Sun discuss baby names. She doesn't want to, it's bad luck. Jin thinks it will be a girl. He wants to name her Ji Yeon.

Flash Forward.

Kate and Jack get back. Kate tells Jin and Sun what happened at The Tempest. Kate's skeptical that Charlotte and Daniel are there to rescue them. You go ahead and trust that instinct, Kate.

Sayid and Desmond on the boat, Sayid is eating the food Frank brought them, canned lima beans. He's not too happy about it. I wouldn't be either and I love me some good lima beans. Good lima beans never come from a can. Someone slips a note through their door. Sayid tells Desmond that Ben claimed he had a spy on the boat. The note says "DON'T TRUST THE CAPTAIN". Whenever somebody writes something down on LOST that the audience is going to get to read? They press the Caps lock button.

Sun introduces herself to Daniel. She tells him that she's pregnant. She asks Daniel if they are there to rescue the Lostaways. Daniel: The thing is, it's not really my call. Sun figures out what's what.

Jin speaks some English with Jack. He understands more than he can speak. Sun and Sawyer are both helping him learn. Sun is more helpful. Sun comes over and tells him in Korean that they are going to Locke's camp. Sun then goes to get prenatal vitamins from Juliet's stash. Juliet catches her and figures out what Sun is up to. Sun admits they are headed to Locke's camp. Juliet tries to talk her out of it.

Kate draws Jin and Sun a map. Juliet tries again to stop them. She tells Jin that Sun is in danger. That she will die. That doesn't work. Last resort, Juliet tells Jin that Sun had an affair. Sun slaps her. Jin gets upset and goes back to the beach.

Sun goes after him and tries to explain. Jin goes fishing. Bernard, at first clueless, asks to tag along. Then he realizes that he walked into something. Jin tells him to come along anyway.

Jin and Bernard on a fishing boat - where'd they get it? I don't remember this boat. It's not the outrigger. Bernard points out that they are the only 2 married guys on the island. Bernard tells Jin about Rose's cancer and that the island is making her better. Bernard then starts talking about karma. Bernard: You make bad choices and bad things happen to you, you make good choices and good things happen. They catch a fish. Bernard: you see, now that's karma. We must be the good guys. Take that, Ben!

On the boat somebody is banging pipes. The doctor comes to take Sayid and Desmond to see the captain. The helicopter has gone to the island. Regina appears, weighted down by chains, and jumps into the water. Only Desmond and Sayid seem upset. Captain: I'm Captain Gault. Yeah, how come you just watched a crew member jump overboard and basically shrugged your shoulders? C'mon people, his name is Gault, he's probably very good at shrugging. Is his first name John? Does LOST tell us? Galt double majored in physics and philosophy at Patrick Henry University, by the way.

The captain didn't do anything for Regina because he didn't want to lose anymore people in the rescue attempt. The crew has been suffering from a heightened case of cabin fever. The captain blames the island. They can't turn around because of the saboteur. As soon as it's fixed, they will move to safer waters. Sayid asks who do they work for. Captain: Charles Widmore. Desmond reacts. The captain then remembers that Desmond knows him.

The captain shows Sayid and Desmond the black box from Flight 815. He admits that the wreckage was staged. Imagine the resources and manpower to pull that off. Captain: Where exactly does one come across 324 dead bodies? And that . . . is just one of the many reasons we want Benjamin Linus. Wait, did Ben stage the wreckage? Why did I think it was Widmore? Did they ever tell us who did it? Did I forget a detail!?!

Juliet apologizes to Sun for doing what she had to do. Juliet tells SUn that she has to get off the island. Juliet wants off the island too, more than anything. Juliet then tells her exactly what will happen to Sun if she stays.

Flash Forward: It's a girl! Guess we know what they are going to name her.

The doctor takes Sayid and Desmond back to a room, not sick bay. There's a big blood stain on the wall (from someone blowing their brains out, it looks like.) The doctor calls to Johnson and tells him to mop it up. The doctor introduces Kevin Johnson to Sayid and surprisingly, it's not the Phoenix Suns erstwhile point guard, no, it's Michael. Michael! Michael? Well, now we know why Harold Perrineau has been in the credits.

Jin and Sun make up. Jin knows the man he was before they came to the island and he knows that she what she did to that man, so he forgives her. Sun tells him that she has to get off the island. He asks if the baby is his. Yes.

Flash Forward: Sun is at home. Hurley comes to see her. Hurley asks if anyone else is coming. No. Hurley: Good. They go in to see the baby. Hurley thinks she looks just like Jin. Hurley: So, I guess we should go see him. They go to a cemetary. Sun tells the grave that he was right. It's a girl. She name her Ji Yeon. The big reveal is that Jin appeared in flashback. He was buying the panda on an errand for Sun's father. It was all business. That explains the haircut. So whoa, Jin is dead. And Aaron is Number 6 after all. I'm guessing we'll find out how Jin dies soon.

*Survivors of the Chancellor is a (fiction) book about a 19th century shipwreck and subsequent raft voyage that last over 4 months. Over half of the passengers and crew commit suicide, most by jumping overboard.

Meet Kevin Johnson

The Barracks - Claire, Aaron, Hurley, Alex, Carl, Danielle, Sawyer, and Ben are sitting around, waiting for something? There are pictures of Alex on the wall, I just noticed, from being a little girl through growing up, just like a typical dad. Locke comes in with Miles. Miles did not blow up but his hands are still tied. Locke explains that Miles will share exactly why he and his group are on the island. Miles: We're here for him. (Ben) Hurley points out that yeah, we kinda already knew that. Sawyer is thinking great, how soon can we turn him over. Locke: We can't turn him over. Why not? Ben: Because once they have me their orders are to kill everyone else on the island. This news does not sit well with the crowd. Hurley: He won't even tell us who his spy on the boat is. Ben: It's Michael. This news also does not sit well with the crowd, especially Sawyer.

Meanwhile on the boat an alarm goes off. Everyone goes up on deck, including Desmond and Sayid who must not be locked up anymore. Two crew members were attempting to leave the boat in the sciff. The captain beats them - to save their lives. Remember what happened the last time two men tried to leave the boat? Remember Minkowski? The captain tells Johnson to clean up the mess. Sayid approaches Johnson. Sayid: Hello, Michael. Michael: Not now, man. Sayid: Yes, right now. Why are you on this boat? Michael: I'm here to die.

Locke leads Miles away. Sawyer stops him, he brings up the extortion attempt which must be common knowledge, Hurley must have heard about it. Locke didn't think it was worth mentioning. Miles laughs. Miles: Linus will find a way to get it. Sawyer: And how will he do that? Miles: He wants to survive and considering that a week ago you had a gun to his head and tonight he's eating pound cake, I'd say he's a guy who gets what he wants.

Ben watches Carl with his arm around Alex. He asks to have a word with her. Danielle says no. Alex says its OK. Ben wants Alex, Carl, and Danielle to go to The Temple. It's a sanctuary. Carl asks why don't they all go. Ben: Because The Temple's not for them, it's only for us. Ben tells Alex that if the people who are coming knew Alex was his daughter, they would use her to get to him. Carl thinks they should go. Danielle agrees. Alex: These people, you said they were dangerous. More dangerous than you? Ben: Yes, but your mother will protect you. They go.

Sayid and Desmond go down to talk to Michael. Sayid wants to know, from the beginning, how Michael came to be on this boat.

Flashback: Michael in a cheap, noisy, New York apartment. He's writing something. He goes to his car and pins the note to his jacket - oh, he's a suicide. He turns on the radio, the song is a '60s pop tune "Better Everyday". Yeah, sure. As he drives his car into a wall he says "I'm sorry."

He wakes up in a hospital with a neck brace. His nurse comes in, it's Libby. Then she disappears and his real nurse comes in. Michael was found in a wrecked car with no ID. The nurse asks if he wants her to call Walt. Michael: What? Nurse: The note pinned to your chest, it was written to Walt. Do you want me to call him? Michael: No.

Later Michael tries to go see Walt. Walt is living with Michael's mother. Poor kid, he has been through a lot. She won't let Michael in to see him. She says that whatever Michael told him has given the kid nightmares but we all know that the real reason is that Walt is now 6 feet tall with a beard. It would be hard to fool us into thinking that only a couple of weeks have passed. Michael and Walt have been living under assumed names. Michael still won't tell his mother what happened to him. As he leaves, there's a shot of Walt looking out the window. It's not Malcolm David Kelley.

Michael pawns the watch, the one from Season 1 that started the fight with Jin. He doesn't pawn it for money, he wants a gun - with bullets. He goes into and alley to shoot himself. Before he does it, somebody asks him for the time. It's Tom. Tom: Manhatten, huh, we let you leave one island, you just go to another. Michael tries to shoot him. They fight. Tom draws a gun. Michael tells him to do it. Michael: What do you want? Tom: Your help. Tom realizes that Michael told Walt about Ana Lucia and Libby. Tom: Is that why you want to kill yourself, Michael? Because that's the way he looks at you now? . . . I've got some bad news for you amigo, you can't kill yourself, the island won't let you. Tom gives him back his gun and tells him to give it a try if he doesn't believe it. Tom: You got more work to do, Mike. When you figure that out, I'm in the penthouse of the Hotel Earl.

Michael goes to a hotel room and tries to shoot himself. The gun jams. The news of the discovery of the wreckage comes on the TV. It's night in New York when Michael sees it but it was daytime in Massachusetts when Daniel saw it, hmmm. I know the island messes with time, but Manhatten?

Michael goes to see Tom. Tom is there with Arturo. (Aw, Kate, you're not my type.) Who doesn't love the little side WTFs on this show. Tom sends Arturo out for some air, with a kiss. Tom tells Michael that Widmore staged the wreckage. Why? Because Widmore doesn't want anyone else to know what happened to the real plane. Michael: I'm supposed to believe this? Tom: Did the bullet bounce off your skull or did the gun just jam on you? Michael wants proof. Tom has it. Widmore dug up the bodies from a cemetary in Thailand. Thailand again. Hmmm. Michael: What you want from me, man? Tom explains about Widmore's boat. Tom: So, congratulations, Michael, your shore leave is over. You just got a job on that boat. Meet Kevin Johnson. You're joining the crew in Fiji as a deckhand. Why would Michael do it? To save the people on the island - to redeem himself. Michael says he won't go back to the island. Tom: I didn't say you were going back to the island. He's supposed to kill everyone on the boat.

Michael in Fiji boarding the boat. He meets Minkowski and Naomi. A crate was delivered for him. Miles sees him. Miles: You name isn't Kevin. Don't worry, 80% of the people on this boat are lying about something. Michael's phone rings. It's Tom. Tom wants to make sure Michael got his crate. Tom can tell he's getting cold feet. Tom reminds him of the Lostaways. Tom: It's game time, are you in or out? Michael: I'm in. Michael throws the cell phone into the water.

Frank talks with Naomi on deck. Michael observes. Naomi needs Frank to transport the science team. What is Naomi doing with the other helicopter? Naomi: That's need to know and you don't. Frank comes over and chats with Michael. Frank brings up Oceanic 815. Frank doesn't believe the wreckage story. He thinks it was faked. Frank signed up for this trip because Mr. Widmore believe him. Frank: Can you imagine what would happen if we found some of those people alive?

Michael in his berth, stares at the crate.

On deck, Michael hears gunfire. It's Keamy and his team. Michael approaches them. Michael: Hey, what are you guys doing? Keamy: What does it look like we're doing? We're shooting things. Michael: I though we were going on a rescue mission. Keamy: Don't you have something to mop up?

Michael goes back to his berth and opens the crate. Inside is a metal briefcase. He takes the briefcase to the engine room. Inside, hidden underneath tools are explosives. He is about to press execute when Libby appears. Libby: Don't do it, Michael. He works up his courage again and presses execute. Michael: I love you, Walt. The clock goes to zero - no explosion. A lever pops up with a note - NOT YET. All caps.

Minkowski comes to find Michael. He's got a call. Whoever it is says he's Walt. Michael goes to take the call. He asks for some privacy. When he answers - it's Ben. Ben: You actually activated the bomb? Ben seems surprised. Ben: When I'm at war, I'll do what I need to do to win but I will not kill innocent people (Horace Goodspeed, the rest of the Dharma Initiative, anybody that might get in their way when they raid the beach, the German guy in the tail section, Ben, you're a piece of work.) Michael: Ana Lucia and Libby? They were innocent. Ben: You killed them, Michael. No one asked you to. What does Ben want? Ben: I want you to compile a list of names, every person on your boat. Once he gives the list to Ben, he will disable the radio room and the engines. That way the boat can never reach the island. Ben: Will you do that for me, Michael? Michael: Yeah. Ben: Then consider yourself one of the good guys.

Back to the engine room with Sayid. Sayid: So, you're telling me that you're working for Benjamin Linus? Michael admits that he is. Sayid hits him and takes him to the captain. Sayid then proceeds to out Michael to the captain and calls him a traitor.

Danielle, Carl, and Alex are ambushed on the way to The Temple. Carl and then Danielle are killed. WTF!!!! Alex raises her hands and yells out that she is Benjamin Linus's daughter.

Yeah, yeah, I'm a real wanker for saying this, but Season 4 is one giant clusterI'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. isn't it?

Mr. BD asked me the other day how my impression of this show has changed now that I'm four seasons into it. How is it different from what I was expecting. My answer? It sure as heck isn't Mystery Gilligan's Island, is it? Yeah, that's what I was expecting, Mystery Gilligan's Island. But I am still waiting for the Lostaways to stage Hamlet, bonus points if they use the music from Carmen.

The Shape of Things to Come

Previously on LOST they killed Carl and Danielle. I did not see that coming and I'm woman enough to admit it.

Kate flirst with Jack a bit. Jack goes to the medical stash and takes some antibiotics. Is the illness finally raising it's ugly head or was Danielle just crazy? Kate comes in to talk to Jack. She wonders why Desmond and Sayid aren't back from the boat yet. Someone starts yelling. It's Bernard. He needs help. He found a body in the surf. They drag the body to shore and turn him over. His throat has been cut. Jack: Do you know who this is? Daniel: He was on our boat. He's the doctor.

Hurley, Sawyer, and Locke play Risk. It's just a touch of comic relief before the onslaught that is this episode.

Keamy makes Ales turn off Doorbell Stonehenge. Did I make that up or does everybody call it that?

A phone rings at the Risk game. Locke answers. A voice says "Code 14J, Code 14J".

They go to find Ben. He's playing the piano (a musician? Does he like 'Good Vibrations'?) Locke: What's code 14J. That gets an immediate, unguarded, reaction out of Ben. Ben: Where did you hear that? Locke explains. Ben pulls a gun out of the piano bench. Sawyer's like, "Whoa". Ben hands the gun to Sawyer. Ben: We need to get to the other house, it's easier to fortify and we'll have a better position on the treelines. Locke: What are you talking about? Ben: They're here.

Flash Forward(?): Ben dressed in a Dharma Initiative parka, lying on the ground, in the middle of the Sahara Desert. Did he bring a polar bear with him? Ben's arm is injured. Two men - Bedouins (?) show up, with guns. Ben wins, of course, and rides off on one of their horses. Why did the Dharma Initiative even have parkas?

Ben tells Locke and Sawyer that Code 14J is an early warning that the security fence has been breached. Ben: How long did you guys debate amongst yourselves whether or not to ask me why the phone rang? Locke: 5 minutes. Ben: Well, so much for our head start. Sawyer says he's going to get Frenchie and the kids. Ben explains that he sent them away. Sawyer goes to get Claire. Ben: There's no time. Sawyer: I'll make time. Ben tells Locke that it's very important that Locke survive what is about to happen. He tells Locke to stay close to him. They won't kill Ben. Ben: You want to live, I'm your best chance. Darn, I was hoping he'd say "Come with me."

Daniel tells Jack that the doctor was fine the last time he saw him. Jack: Which was when. Daniel: When? When is kind of a relative term. The satellite phone still isn't working but he could us it as a telegraph if he had some Ferris metal, a 9 volt battery clip, and some wiring. Kate says they can check the salvage. They go. Jack: Bernard, you gotta second?

Locke and Ben barricade the house. Locke realizes Ben is scared. Hurley comes out holding Aaron. Locke warns him away from the window. Hurley: How's Sawyer gonna get back in? Ben: He's not.

Sawyer meets up with a red-shirt Lostaway. He tells him to get back inside. Too late. A woman runs out. Sawyer yells for her to get back inside. Too late. One more dude runs out to help. Sawyer yells for him to get back inside. Too late. If it were me? I wouldn't be running outside in the first place! Sawyer takes cover and fires his pistol. He yells for Claire. Her house gets hit with a rocket.

Flash Forward: Ben in Tozeur, Tunisia. He checks inot a hotel as a preferred guest, Dean Moriarty. It's not his first time in Tunisia but it's been awhile. The clerk reacts when she looks up his name. She's very solicitous. Ben asks the date. Clerk: October 24th. Ben: 2005? Yes, so, definitely a flash forward. Ben heads to his room when he's distracted by the TV. Sayid is on the news saying "I just want to bury my wife in peace." I'm guessing it's Nadia.

Aaron cries. Locke: Right now, I need you to tell me what's going on. Ben: I think the technical term is shock and awe. They're trying to frighten me into surrendering. Hurley realizes that Claire's house has been blown up. Locke asks why he needs to survive. Ben: Because there's only one person that can help us now and that's Jacob and we have to go to him together. Locke: What makes you think I can find him? I don't even know where the cabin is. Ben: I know, but Hurley does.

Sawyer finds Claire in the rubble, alive. Sawyer carries her to the 'fort'. He yells for them to open the door. Hurley takes action and breaks a window. Sawyer and Claire come in through the window. A few moments later, the doorbell rings. Sawyer and Locke get the door open. It's Miles. They drag him inside. Locke: Miles? Saywer: Who the hell let you out? Miles: The people who gave me this. He holds up a walkie-talkie. Miles: They wanna talk.

Flash Forward: Tikrit, Iraq. Ben arrives and witnesses the procession for Nadia's funeral (we see her picture). My advice? Do not fall in love with Sayid. It's fatal. Too late. Sayid helps carry the coffin. Ben takes pictures from a rooftop. He takes photos of a bald man who is also watching the procession. Sayid sees the camera. Ben knows he's been spotted and hurries from the rooftop. Sayid is waiting for him. Sayid thinks he's paparazzi until he realizes it's Ben. Sayid: What are you doing here? Ben: I'm here to find the man who murdered your wife. Ben explains how he got off the island, Desmond's boat. Ben tells him how one of Widmore's men is there and was last seen in Los Angeles, three blocks from where Nadia was murdered. Sayid: Why would these people want to murder her? Ben: I don't know, but they did.

Ben doesn't want to talk until Miles explains that they have Alex as a hostage. Ben takes the walkie. Ben: Hello. It's Keamy on the other end. He tells Ben to go to the window. He then tells Ben to give himself up and if he does, he promises not to hurt anybody else. Ben doesn't believe him. Keamy: What kind of guy do you think I am? Ben tells him. Ben knows. Keamy: Ok, Ben, you got it. They bring out Alex. Keamy: Get your I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. out here right now or I'm going to kill you daughter. Ben tells him to take his team and leave. Keamy gives the walkie to Alex. Alex begs Ben to come out. She tells him that they killed Carl and her mother. Ben refuses to come out. Keamy shoot Alex in the head. Ben is shocked.

Locke and Sawyer discuss what to do. Ben: He changed the rules. Locke: What? Who? What rules? Ben goes to his Jason Bourne room and locks himself in. There's a secret passage behind a wall.

Flash Forward: Ben tails the man who killed Nadia. He's not so good at it which kind of surprises me. The guy comes up behind Ben with a gun. Killer: Who are you and why are you following me? Ben: My name is Benjamin Linus. The guy is familiar with that name. Ben: And I need you to take a message to Mr. Widmore for me. Killer: And what message is that? Sayid shoots him from behind, several times. Oh, Ok, that explains the ineptitude. Ben: That should do it. Ben starts to leave. Sayid stops him. Ben: We're finished here, Sayid. Turn around and walk away. Mourn your loss. Get on with your life. Sayid: I have no life. They took it from me. Ben: Go home, Sayid. Once you let your grief become anger it will never go away. I speak from experience. This is my war, not yours. Sayid wants to make it his war. Ben makes you think it's your idea, remember? Sayid: Benjamin, who's next? Ben: I'll be in touch.

Sawyer pounds on the Bourne room door. Claire comes out from the bedroom, she's OK. She'll live. Miles: I wouldn't be on it. Ben comes back out. He tells everybody the plan. When he gives the order, they are going to go outside and run as hard as they can for the treeline. Towards the soldiers? Ben: No, we want to stay as far away from them as possible. The house starts shaking. Smokey passes by. Ben sends them all outside. They don't run anywhere though. Instead they listen to the screaming as Smokey attacks Keamy's team. Ben finally sends them running for the creek. He'sll catch up after he says goodbye to his daughter. He kneels over Alex's body and cries.

Daniel sends a Morse code message: What happened to the doctor? Daniel says the response is that their friends are fine and the helicopter is coming back in the morning. Bernard: He's lying. What the message said was, "What are you talking about? The doctor is fine." Bernard knows Morse code. Bernard often proves quite useful. Jack wants to know why Daniel is lying. Jack grabs him: Were you ever going to take us off this island? Daniel: No.

The Barracks group in the jungle, Miles chooses to stay with them. Ben catches up. Ben and Locke discuss Jacob and Smokey. Sawyer has had enough. He decides to head back to the beach. Claire and Aaron are coming with him. Sawyer: Are you good with that? Claire agrees. Miles says he's coming too. Sawyer: You too, Hugo. Locke draws his gun: Hugo stays with us. Sawyer draws his gun. Hurley tells them to stop. He agrees to go with Locke. He'll catch up eventually. Sawyer: You harm so much as one hair on his curly head, I'll kill you. Locke: Fair enough. Sawyer's group leaves. Locke: Which way? Ben: Follow me.

Flash Forward: London, England. I have to say, Michael Emerson cleans up fairly well, He looks positively debonair in a black topcoat. Ben enters an apartment building. He's there to see Mr. and Mrs. Kendrick in 4E. Doorman: At this hour? Ben shrugs: They're expecting me. Feel free to call up. The doorman doesn't press. Ben take the elevator to the penthouse where he finds Charles Widmore in bed. I'm not going to type the entire conversation, but I am going to repeat most of it verbatim here.

Widmore: I wondered when you were going to show up. I see you've been getting more sun. Ben: Iraq is lovely this time of year. When did you start sleeping with a bottle of scotch by the bed? Widmore: When the nightmares started. Widmore pours himself a scotch. Widmore: Have you come here to kill me, Benjamin? Ben: We both know I can't do that. Ben's there because Widmore murdered his daughter. Widmore says that he didn't murder her, Ben did. Widmore: I know who you are, Boy, what you are. I know that everything you have, you took from me. So, once again I ask you, why are you here. Ben: I'm here, Charles, to tell you that I'm going to kill your daughter. Penelope, is it? And once she's gone, once she's dead. Then you'll understand how I feel and you'll wish you hadn't changed the rules. Widmore: You'll never find her. That island's mine, Benjamin. It always was. It will be again. Ben: But you'll never find it. Widmore: Then I suppose the hunt is on for both of us. Ben: I suppose it is.

Well, then, I'd say Season 5 has just been nicely set up - The Shape of Things to Come - would you agree?

Kate flirst with Jack a bit.
    Did she woo him with warth and plam? Where's the LMAO smilie when you need it. This is just crazietalk!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Yeah, yeah, I used to proofread my posts but I've found it just takes up too much time. Sorry about that. flirts. I figure you know what I meant.

Yeah, yeah, I used to proofread my posts but I've found it just takes up too much time. Sorry about that. flirts. I figure you know what I meant.
    You know I knew what you meant to say. I just couldn't resist the urge to increase my/our misspelled vocabulary, now up to three words!

Have you had your plam today? It's a New Year's tradition in the south!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Something Nice Back Home

Jack's closed eye, Juliet tries to wake him. Jack is slow to get up. Juliet is worried. But in the meantime, the Lostaways are arguing with Daniel and Charlotte. Jack calms things down, then collapses.

Flash Forward: Jack is very domestic with someone. It's Kate.

Jack reads Alice in Wonderland to Aaron. Jack, reading: I wonder if I've been changed in the night. Let me think, was I the same when I got up this morning? But if I'm not the same, the next question is, who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. Kate comes to the door. Aaron is asleep. Jack's dad used to read him that book. Kate likes hearing Jack say nice things about his dad. Kate is glad Jack changed his mind, that he's there. Jack is too.

Jack comes to, he says he's fine, he just needs a little rest.

Sawyer's group walking along. Claire isn't seeing things anymore. Miles wonders what she saw. Miles senses something. Miles: Who's Danielle and Carl? They find their partially buried bodies. Sawyer: How'd you know they were down there? Dude, he's psychic, OK? Sawyer: You buddies do this? Miles: They're not my buddies, man. I didn't sign up for this. Sawyer reassures Claire. They keep moving.

Juliet checks on Jack. He thinks it's food poisoning. She respectfully disagrees. (Or does she beg to differ?) She checks him out. It's his appendix. When did the pain start? Yesterday. It hasn't ruptured. Juliet: Well, I guess we're just gonna have to take it out. The only doctor in my family for the past 3 generations, my great uncle Jay, died of appendicitis. He ignored the symptoms and it ruptured. So, Jack, please listen to Juliet.

Juliet sends Sun to the medical station. Sun reads the list, she doesn't know what these kinds of supplies look like. Daniel volunteers to go. He's done animal care/autopsies. Nobody trusts him though. He convinces them that he just wants to help. They decide to let Daniel and Charlotte go with Sun and Jin. Juliet gives Jin her gun. Juliet: If either of them try to run, shoot them in the leg. She gets everybody else to start working on making a sterile environment for the surgery. Kate wonders why they don't take Jack to the medical station. Juliet: Because if we move him there's a good chance his appendix will rupture and if that happens, he's gonna die.

Miles checks out Claire. Sawyer tells Miles not to even think about it, he's got a restraining order.

Rose and Bernard wash down a table. Rose wonders why Jack got sick. Bernard explains that people get sick. Rose: Not here. Here they get better.

Juliet shaves Jack's abdomen. Jack asks how many of these has she done. She hasn't done one since residency but in residency she did a lot. I thought she was an OB/GYN, I kinda doubt that, unless she started in general surgery. I love how the surgeons on TV do every kind of surgery imaginable. I have surgeon friends. They specialize. Heart surgeons don't operate on brains and spinal surgeons don't take out appendixes. I'm just saying. Anyway, Jack wants to be awake. He wants to talk Juliet through the surgery. Jack, you are so hardcore. How will he do that? He's watch it with a mirror held by Kate. Juliet asks a couple of questions. She skeptical but ulimately agrees.

Flash Forward: Jack talks to a patient. He sees his father walk through the hospital lobby (from behind). There's a call for Jack from Dr. Stillman at Santa Rosa Hospital. Jack at Santa Rosa, consulting with another doctor. Other Doc: He's refusing to take his meds and he's not sleeping. Jack: What about his therapy sessions. Other Doc: Therapy has been rendered useless. Jack: And why is that? Other Doc: Because he doesn't think I exist.

Jack goes in to see Hurley. Jack: Why aren't you taking your meds? Hurley: Because we're all dead. All of us. All the Oceanic 6, we're all dead. We never got off the island. (Was this a nod to all the LOST theorist out there? Am I a LOST theorist? I don't feel like one.) Hurley asks what Jack did today. Jack tells him. He mentions Aaron. Hurley thought Jack didn't want anything to do with Aaron. Jack changed his mind. Hurley explains how Charlie likes to sit with him on the bench outside. Jack: OK, so what do the two of you talk about? Hurley: Well, yesterday he told me you were gonna be coming by. He wanted me to give you a message. Jack: What message? Hurley: He made me write it down so I wouldn't mess it up. "You're not supposed to raise him, Jack". This upsets Jack. Hurley wonders if Charlie means Aaron. Jack: Take your meds, Hurley. Just take 'em. Hurley: Hey Jack? Charlie said someone's gonna be visiting you too. Soon. Hmmm, wonder who?

More later.