Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    BD, you gotta hurry up!! Season 6 starts in 2 months. Get you Lost on, girlfriend!!!

--Jason
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

So a season a month, or a recap a little more than every other day.

I think I'm going to rewatch Season 5 in January in anticipation (well that and I'm going to be getting a blue-ray player for Christmas to go w/ the HDTV [1080p] I finally got). Season 5 on blue-ray of course.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

Confirmed Dead

This post is to try and help Usul feel better.

Diving robots sent from the salvage ship Christianne discover Oceanic Flight 815 in the Sundra Trench off Bali. It's too deep to hope for recovery of the bodies. All 324 passengers are confirmed dead.

Meanwhile in Essex, Massachusetts this news upsets our paratrooper from the last episode - Dan - very much. His wife asks him why. He doesn't know. We never see her face by the way. Important detail or saving money on paying a background actor? Essex is a lovely town up on Cape Ann, near Gloucester, by the way. Gloucester is where George Clooney's boat departs from in A Perfect Storm.

A helicopter in distress, Dan jumps, well, he's kinda thrown out. He lands. He hears somebody coming. He hides his gun. It's Jack and Kate. Dan: Are you Jack? Jack: Yeah, I'm Jack. Who are you? Dan: I'm Daniel Faraday. I'm here to rescue you.

Faraday - Michael Faraday - 19th century British physicist, best known for his work on electricity and magnetism. The Faraday Cage was his concept.

Jack and Kate walk along with Dan. There were 4 people on the chopper. Dan's lost his pack and his phone. Kate: We have a phone. Dan calls George. He starts explaining himself. George: Am I on speakerphone? Dan has to finish the conversation alone. Kate: Don't worry, Naomi covered for us. Thye don't know what Locke did to her. Jack: You sure about that? They they see his gun.

Dan comes back and explains that the other three on the helicopter are wearing GPS transponders. They should be able to find everybody else. Dan: Hey, where are the rest of your people? Kate: Most of them are back at the beach. Dan: Most of them?

Locke's group takes shelter under a tree until the rain passes. Locke explains they are heading to a cabin. Hurley: I thought the cabin was back that way. Ben perks up. Locke: What did you say, Hugo? Hurley lies. Sawyer: You mind telling us who you're getting your orders from, Kurtz? Locke: I got 'em from Walt.

Sayid and Juliet chat on the beach. Sayid wonders why Ben would say the people coming intend to do them harm. Juliet: Because he's a liar . . or because the people coming here intend to do us harm. How many guns do you have left? You don't need to explain yourself much to Sayid.

Jack, Kate, and Dan find a trunk from the chopper. Jack opens it up and finds a gasmask. Dan is an even worse liar than Hurley. Whatever it's for, and gasmasks are spooky if Ben is around, we don't know yet. Jack wants to know why Dan brought the gun. It's a precaution. Jack: Precaution against what? Dan: Rescuing you and your people? Can't really say it's our primary objective. Jack: Then what is? Miles's beacon starts flashing on the phone.

Sawyer questions Locke about Walt. Walt told Locke that he had to stop Naomi. Locke: Ben had shot me and left me for dead. Walt saved me so I pretty much took him at his word. Sawyer is incredulous. Locke shows us the bullet wound. BD says to her husband, "Lucky he doesn't have a kidney". Locke: I'd probably be dead if I still had a kidney there. Anything else? Absolutely everything for a reason, huh?

Jack, Kate, and Dan find Miles. He landed on some rocks. He's in an awkward position. Jack investigates. Miles pulls a gun. Miles: You're Kate, you wanna tell me where Naomi is? Miles thinks they killed Naomi.

Flashback: Inglewood, California. Miles (Strom) listens to the news of the discovery of Oceanic Flight 815 on his car radio. Then he goes to a woman's house. Whatever he's about to do, it's going to cost $200 because her grandson was murdered. He takes out some equipment. Miles: No matter what you hear, don't come up. He's performing some kind of psychic exorcism on the grandson's ghost. He doesn't seem to be a fraud. He gets the ghost to sow him where the stash of drugs and money is. Miles takes the money but leaves the drugs. On his way out of the room he tells the ghost, "You can go now." Miles tells Grandma that it worked. Then, displaying marginal evidence of a conscience, gives Grandma a refund of $100. She hugs him: Thank you.

Miles wants Jack and Kate to take him to Naomi's body. 'Tell my sister I love her' was a code. Kate explains that they didn't kill Naomi, Locke did. He insists on seeing her body. Kate: Even if I take you to her body, you wouldn't know what happened. Miles: I'll know. Well, OK then.

Ben tris to talk to Alex. Karl intervenes. Sawyer intervenes too. Ben starts in on Sawyer's insecurities. He pushes Sawyer's buttons until Sawyer starts beating on him. So now Locke intervenes. Sawyer wants to know why they're keeping him alive. Locke explains why, information, and that his mouth is the only dnagerous thing about him. Sawyer: It's only a matter of time before he gets us, Johnny. And I bet he's already figured out how he's gonna do it. So you walk him.

Miles kneels at Naomi's body. Nobody has bothered to close her eyes - creepy. Dan notices something about the light on the island. It doesn't scatter quite right. Kate tries to talk him out of his gun. Jack stops her but gives her a wink. Miles comes back and announces that they didn't kill Naomi, it happened like they said. Charlotte's beacon appears on the phone. Miles says they need to head out. Jack says not before they put the guns away. Why would Miles do that? Because Jack has friends in the jungle with guns. Miles: How stupid do you/ BOOM BOOM. Sayid and Juliet appear, with guns. Jack: I don't know Miles, how stupid are you?

Flashback: Medenine, Tunisia. Charlotte's brief back story. She read a French newspaper article about Oceanic Flight 815. Her friend asks her how many languages does she need to read the news in to believe the story. Charlotte: I don't know, how many are there? She's an archeologist. She shows up at a dig. They've found a skeleton. It's a polar bear. In the middle of the desert. She digs next to it and finds a collar with the Dharma Intiative's Hydra Station seal on it. Of course she does.

Charlotte landed in a tree. She's hanging upside down over a pond. It's bright daylight now so, I'm going to guess she's been hanging there for awhile. So, when she relatively easily unhooks herself and falls into the convenient water just below, I wonder why it's all just happening now. Anyway, Locke's group finds her first.

Jack et al. walk through the woods. Sayid questions Dan and Miles. Dan is fairly forthcoming. Miles doesn't like it. He's trying to get Dan to shut up. Dan's a physicist although he doesn't like to pin himself down to one area of scientific research. Sayid notes that even though rescue is not their objective, they don't seem surprised to find survivors. Miles collects soil samples. Miles does not know how to win friends.

Charlotte is better at it. She starts asking questions. Hurley is fairly forthcoming. Locke shuts him up. Charlotte explains that if they just sit tight, her team will come. The team is 4 people. Locke tells her that she's coming with them. Charlotte: We need to stay where we are so that they can find us. Locke: See, there's your problem, we don't want to be found.

Sayid works on the phone. Miles tries to get him to stop. Charlotte's beacon starts moving fast. That's because Locke tied the beacon to Vincent. Jack: Locke got her.

Flashback: Eleuthera, Bahamas A man watches a toy plane float to the bottom of a fish tank. It doesn't land right side up. He watches television news coverage of the wreckage. They show the decomposing body of the pilot on the screen. He knows the footage of Seth Norris, the dead pilot, is not him. Duh! How? Because he was supposed to be the pilot that day.

Same guy, on the island, climbs a hill and finds a cow. He takes out his phone. It's busted. He fires a flair.

Charlotte sees the flair. She's excited. Nobody else is. She and Locke argue. She says she's leaving. When she does, Ben shoots her. He lifted Carl's gun. Sawyer beats on Ben, again. Locke checks on Charlotte. She's still alive, she was wearing a vest. She was wearing a vest!?! What are these people up to?

Jack's group finds the pilot. Dan and Miles question him. He's Frank Lapides. he doesn't know where Charlotte is. Miles wants to know where the chopper crashed. Frank: Crash? What kinda pilot do you think I am? I put her down safe and sound right over there. He did. Jack, Sayid, and especially Kate look like it's Christmas morning.

Flashback: Naomi meets with Lt. Daniels. Matthew? Ben's bad enough, why is this character named Matthew? It doesn't suit. I haven't checked if this is a philosopher or anything, perhaps I should. Naomi is not happy with the team that's been put together. It's our 4 new friends. These are the wrong people for this job. Matthew reminds her that she will be with them. Whatever they are up to, Naomi is the one with experience. It's a high risk covert op. Oooooo, mysterious. Her team is a headcase, ghostbuster, anthropologist, and a drunk. What if she finds survivors of Oceanic 815. Matthew emphatically states that there were no survivors. Matthew: Every member ot this team was selected for a specific purpose. Everything relies on you getting them in, getting them out, and preventing anyone from getting killed. Think you can do that? Naomi: Sure, why not? Sorry, Naomi.

Kate and Daniel carry Naomi's body on a stretcher to the field where the helicopter is. Sayid checks out the copter, only minor damage. It will fly.

Miles negotiates for the phone. He calls the boat. Minkowski can't come to the phone right now. Lapides says they only have enough fuel to get back to the freighter and they can't carry any extra weight. Juliet tends to Lapides and the gash in his forehead. Juliet tells him her name. He knows immediately that she wasn't on the plane. Miles gets angry. Miles: Where is he? You want to know why we're here? I'll tell you why we're here. He pulls out a picture. Miles: We're here for Benjamin Linus. He holds up a picture of Ben.

Locke tells Charlotte that she wouldn't be any good to them dead. He goes over to Ben. Looks like he's going to kill Ben this time. Ben calls out all the information he knows about Charlotte and her team. It's a lot. If Locke shoots him, he'll never know why they're here, how great a threat they are, what they want. Sawyer: What do they want? Ben: Me, James, they want me. Locke: How do you know all this? Ben: Because I have a man on their boat.

Just what my sniffles needed!

Thanks, Bd, for providing us this outstanding summary of Lost. Mrs. Jarhead has been worried that we won't remember much about the earlier seasons, but we did save a few of last season's closing episodes on the dvr, just in case. I mentioned the idea of getting the previous seasons from Netflix about which she wondered how would we ever get the time to view them. We already have about 30 movies in our Netflix queue, and we only find the time for about 2 movies a week, and sometimes she has three novels going at once. Oh, yeah, a bunch of the current tv shows, too. Thank heavens for the holiday drought of new episodes.

Your summary will go a long way in refreshing our memories from the beginning, but Mrs. Jarhead really hates reading from a computer monitor. I printed out your entire thread, about 160 pages, and she gave me a hug. After the holidays, that's what we'll be reading. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post

Your summary will go a long way in refreshing our memories from the beginning, but Mrs. Jarhead really hates reading from a computer monitor. I printed out your entire thread, about 160 pages, and she gave me a hug. After the holidays, that's what we'll be reading. Keep up the good work.
    So much for a paperless economy, or even just saving a few trees...
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    So much for a paperless economy, or even just saving a few trees...
    Not to worry Oz. We use onion skin paper exclusively. Vidalia onions, to boot. As for the paperless economy, if anybody is serious about that then why do they keep selling those fancy home printers? Why doesn't every computer come with a Kindle?

The Economist

Sayid prays. Miles talks to Jack. Sayid sees Naomi's body. He goes over and closes her eyes then covers her with a blanket. Well, thank goodness. Naomi's dead body with the open eyes looked both comically fake and monstrously creepy at the same time. Sayid notices her bracelet. He takes it off. The inscription reads "N, I'll always be with you. R.G." Hmmm, I can't think of any R. G.'s, maybe Regulus Glack? (If you get that pop culture joke/obscure reference, give yourself 10 points.) Everybody else is arguing/discussing what to do about Locke. Sayid wants to go to the ship on the helicopter. Due to being low on fuel, Frank can only take 3 safely. Sayid says he can bring Charlotte back - safely. If he does that, will Frank take him to the freighter? Yes. Frank: You bring Charlotte back safe, and I will take you off this island.

Flash Forward: Sayid playing golf. Another golfer drives up. He's chatty. He starts talking to Sayid. Is this Sayid's first time in the Seychelles? I looked up exactly where they are. It looks like they are a little bit closer to Madagascar than to Somalia. Do the pirates hang out there? Chatty golfer makes a wager on their next shots. Sayid hits his. Chatty golfer prepares to hit his. He asks Sayid what he does. Sayid does nothing. He was the recipient of a large settlement. Sayid: Actually a plane crash, Oceanic Airlines, Flight 8-1-5. I'm Sayid Jarrah, one of the Oceanic 6. (That makes 4, Kate, Jack, Hurley, and Sayid, there should be two more.) Our chatty friend gets spooked and the soundtrack turns ominous. Sayid loses the wager. He insists on paying Mr. Abilene(?). Sayid pulls a gun out of his golf bag and shoots him. Oh Sayid, I'm sad now, you've become a gun for hire?

More Flash Forward: Sayid meets Elsa in a cafe in Berlin. Sayid's hair has been straightened. He's wearing a suit. He's a head hunter. I'll say. Elsa works for an economist. Somehow I think this meeting isn't by chance. They make a dinner date. Sayid checks in on a prepaid cell phone. He's made contact. He throws the phone away. Oh, how Jason Bourne!

Sayid finds the marina photo in Naomi's things. Sayid thinks maybe Desmond can shed some light on the island's guests. Jack sends Juliet to the beach to get Desmond. Miles: Hey, Jarrah, you think you're going after Charlotte without me? Sayid: Of course not. Miles asks for his gun back. Sayid: We leave in 10 minutes.

Locke and Sawyer discuss Ben some more. They arrive at the grey powder stripe. There is no cabin. Ben: John's looking for someone to tell him what to do next. Hurley wants to let Charlotte go. He didn't sign up for taking hostages. Locke is making the decisions. Locke: Is that gonna be a problem for you?

Jack thinks Kate should go with Sayid and Miles. Jack doesn't trust Locke. Kate goes over to Sayid: Got room for one more? Sayid: The gun is a last resort, Kate. They head out. Frank asks Jack where Sayid is from. Iraq. Frank: What was he, a diplomat? Jack: No. No, he was a torturer.

As they walk, Sayid questions Miles in his Sayid way. Miles is obviously an 'out for himself' kind of guy. Miles asks about Locke. How did he manage to split the group? They disagreed as to whether Miles's group was coming to help them or to kill them. Miles: And which side did you land on? Sayid: I'll let you know when I decide.

Flash Forward: Sayid and Elsa are going to the opera. She's not bringing the beeper tonight. Sayid says he'll carry it. He doesn't want her getting fired over him. He's also probably there to kill your boss, so. Elsa: Do you have a boss? Sayid: Everyone has a boss, Elsa. Right here is when I start thinking that Sayid's boss is Ben. Elsa hopes Sayid is still hanging around Berlin because of her. What is it with Sayid and blondes?

Daniel sets up some equipment. He wants to call the boat. Frank tells him to keep it to the science stuff. He calls Regina and asks her to fire the payload. That sounds ominous. Regina counts down the distance to the beacon. It's supposed to be there. Daniel: Regina? I don't have it. Regina: That's weird. Daniel: That is far more than weird.

Sayid, Kate, and Miles arrive at The Barracks. They find Hurley tied up in a closet. Hurley: They left me.

Hurley is telling what happened. Miles gets impartient and calls him Tubby. Hurley's real happy that the freighter has it's own version of Sawyer. Hurley: Locke said the people on the ship were here to rescue Charlotte and then kill us. So, are you? Miles: Not yet. Hurley doesn't know where they went. They did say they were going by Ben's house. Miles: Where's Ben's house?

Jack asks Frank if the Red Sox really won the World Series. Frank's a Yankees fan, don't get him started. The payload arrives. Daniel compares clocks. One reads 2:45:03, the other 3:16:32. Daniel: 31 minutes, oh no, this is not good. Juliet comes back with Desmond.

Sayid, Hurley, Kate, and Miles go to Ben's house. Kate goes into a bedroom. Sayid finds a hidden room. In it are a desk, lots of clothes - nice ones, suitcases, money from several countries, and a cache of passports. Sayid's not Jason Bourne, Ben is.

Sawyer comes into the bedroom with Kate. She calls to Sayid. He comes out to find Locke pointing a gun. Hurley set a trap.

Danielle: Sorry, Sayid, nothing personal. She and Hurley walk Sayid to the rec room. Sayid: I'm not going to hurt you, Hurley. Hurley: Yeah, I saw you snap that guy's neck with that break dancing thing you do with your legs. I think I'll hang back here. Ben is already in the rec room. He lost a $1 bet. Mortimer? Randall? He didn't think Sayid would be stupid enough to fall for his friend as bait. Sayid: What do you know about friendship? Ben: I know it's no use having friends you can't trust.

Kate and Sawyer talk. Sawyer isn't looking to leave the island like Kate is. He's got nothing to go back for. Why does she want to go back? She has a jail cell waiting for her. Kate: How long do you think we can play house? Sawyer: Why don't we find out?

Locke brings Sayid some ice tea. They agree that the boat people are liars. Sayid asks about Miles and Kate. They are both fine. Sayid tells Locke that if he returns with Charlotte, he can find out what's going on from the boat. Locke tells Sayid that Ben has a spy on the boat. Sayid: Who? Ben: It's a secret. Sayid: Forgive me, but the day I start trusting him is the day I would have sold my soul. This is where I really start to suspect Sayid is working for Ben in the future. Sayid thinks he can accomplish a lot if Locke will give him Charlotte. Locke: Why would I give you Charlotte for nothing? Sayid: Oh, I think you misunderstood me. I never expected you to give her to me for nothing.

Flash Forward: Sayid in bed with Elsa. She wants to know more about him. She tells him she loves him. Oh Sayid, really? Not again. That love word gets tossed around and people start dying. Sayid: OK, no more secrets. What do you want to know? And her beeper goes off. She has to go. Where? Sayid gets worried for her. He tells her she has to leave Berlin. She can't be around to answer questions about her employer. Elsa wants to know, is Sayid going to kill her boss? Yes, he's on a list. His employer's list. Her boss is not an economist. This is where I said to Mr. BD, "I think he's working for Ben." Then Elsa shoots Sayid. She calls someone. In German: You were supposed to page me at 10:30 . . . No, I didn't kill him . . . Why should I keep him alive? . . . All right, all right . . . I'll bring him to you . . . Leave the hotel . . . I'll meet you at the safe house. She hangs up. Sayid used his time to come up with a plan. He throws something and breaks a mirror. When Elsa comes in, he shoots her. Sayid shoots to kill. She dies. He cries over her. Sayid, honey, she didn't really love you!

Desmond asks Frank why Naomi had his picture. Naomi was management. Frank doesn't know. Desmond asks if Frank has ever heard of Penelope Widmore. Frank won't answer. Desmond says he's going back to the boat with him. Sayid comes back with Charlotte, but not Miles. Kate decided to stay too. Frank: You cheated. Lucky for you, that guy's nothing but a pain in my I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.. Daniel and Charlotte decide to stay on the island. I just realize that Daniel is wearing a tie! Daniel: Frank, just be sure that you follow the same exact bearing that we came in on, no matter what. Jack is staying too. Sayid firgures if they have room for one more they should bring Naomi home. They do. The helicopter takes off.

Flash Forward: Sayid goes to a veterinary hospital. He gets his gunshot wound worked on. Is she dead? Yes. She didn't kill Sayid because she wanted information. She wanted to know about you. And it's the big reveal that BD saw coming. It's Ben. Ben: Need I remind you what they did the last time you fought with your heart instead of your gun? Sayid: You used that to recruit me into killing for you. Ben: Do you want to protect your friends or not, Sayid? I have another name for you. Sayid : But they know I'm after them now. Ben: Good.

Remind me how it is that Ben is a good guy? To answer Matthew's question for Hurley, hell yes they're still alive. We know 4 of 6, who are the other two? I'm sure we'll find out.

Duuunnnnn LOST

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    He lost a $1 bet. Mortimer? Randall?
    Feelin good Billy Ray!

Originally Posted by Bostondevil
    He lost a $1 bet. Mortimer? Randall?
    Buy orange juice futures!

9F 9F 9F

I feel just a little guilty when I post and it's not a recap. I know how Usul feels about recaps. There should be several coming over the next few days. Maybe even one later today. I'm posting now because I forgot something in the last recap.

When we discover that Ben is actually Jason Bourne, the name on one of his passports is Dean Moriarty. So, is Ben a pot-smoking beatnik or should we be wondering where Holmes is? I vote for both.

Anybody ever play this game? You're on the T (the subway to all you non-Bostonians). You imagine that a disaster strikes and the passengers on that subway are the only survivors charged with saving the human race. Yeah, yeah, it's going to be a lot of physical labor but you're got to procreate too. The game is to pick a member of the opposite sex on that subway car that you could manage to procreate with. No? TMI? I have to say, half the time I'd forget my responsibility to humanity.

Now, think about the plane in LOST. Ladies, really, would we have any problems? Sayid? Jack? Sawyer? Jin? Dead Paolo? Heck, even Locke? Can I include Desmond even though he wasn't on the plance? Is there anybody we wouldn't procreate with? (No, I'm not going there, he gets picked on enough as it is.) Sadly, all that procreation would kill us off, fairly quickly I would imagine.

Anybody ever play this game? You're on the T (the subway to all you non-Bostonians). You imagine that a disaster strikes and the passengers on that subway are the only survivors charged with saving the human race. Yeah, yeah, it's going to be a lot of physical labor but you're got to procreate too. The game is to pick a member of the opposite sex on that subway car that you could manage to procreate with. No? TMI? I have to say, half the time I'd forget my responsibility to humanity.

Now, think about the plane in LOST. Ladies, really, would we have any problems? Sayid? Jack? Sawyer? Jin? Dead Paolo? Heck, even Locke? Can I include Desmond even though he wasn't on the plance? Is there anybody we wouldn't procreate with? (No, I'm not going there, he gets picked on enough as it is.) Sadly, all that procreation would kill us off, fairly quickly I would imagine.
    Most interesting thread hijack, so to speak! And as a guy, there are many desirable ladies to choose from!

9F 9F 9F

Eggtown

Locke wakes up (the eye is back!) and makes breakfast for Ben. Ben is locked up in the basement. It's the last 2 eggs. Locke also brought a book, Valis by Philip K. Dick. I've read some Philip K. Dick but not that, anybody want to post a synopsis? OK, I googled it, here's one http://www.philipkdick.com/works_novels_valis.html. Ben has already read it. Duh. You're in his house taking a book from his bookshelf. Ben wonders why they moved him from the rec room. Locke wants him under his own roof where he can keep an eye on him. Locke tries to find out who Ben's spy is. Ben: You're so desperate trying to figure out what to do next that you're asking me for help? Locke keeps his cool until he gets out of the room. But when he throws the breakfast tray against the wall, Ben's eyes say "I can still hear you!"

Kate and Claire see Locke in a huff. Saywer comes up. Is he at his most charming or his most smarmy? Claire goes to get him some coffee. Kate is not planning to move in with Sawyer. The show is leaving it open as to whether or not Kate is actually pregnant.

Flash Forward: Kate going into the courthouse for arraignment. She pleads not guilty. She is not granted bail.

Sun and Jin talk about where to live. He learned English so they can live in America. She wants to go back to Seoul. Jack shows up with Charlotte and Daniel. Sun: Where's Kate? Jack: She stayed with Locke.

Kate asks Locke if she can see Miles. He says no. She argues. Locke informs her that this is not a democracy. Kate 'Scooby-Do's' Hurley, his words, and finds out where Miles is, the boathouse. Kate goes in to talk to Miles. She wants to know how much information they have on her. Miles will tell her what she wants toknow if she'll get him one minute with someone. Kate asks who. I kinda figure it's Ben.

Flash Forward: Kate's lawyer says they need to start talking about making a deal. She'll get 15 years and serve 7. Kate refuses. Kate's mom is the prosecution's star witness. Kate's lawyer says their only chance is to make it about character. She wants to testify. Kate's lawyer says no. Kate's lawyer: I want him in the courtroom. She refuses. Kate: You are not using my son. Well, then. I guess that's the "he will be wondering where I am" from the Season 3 finale. Which also means that Kate must beat the rap. Would that surprise anyone?

Jack can't get anyone on the sat phone. Jack tells Sun that Locke doesn't know what he's doing. He's kinda right, but really Jack, do you? Sun: Then why is Kate with him?

Kate and Claire hang up laundry. Claire asks Kate to pick up Aaron. Kate declines, she's not good with babies. Claire picks him up: The last thing I ever thought I'd be good at is being a mom. You should try it sometime. Yeah, Kate, and we already know that you will.

Flash Forward: Kate's lawyer calls Jack to the stand. Jack walks in
    wearing a suit - NICE! The judge reminds the jury that he's a character witness only. Jack tells a wonderfully untrue story about the 8 of them who survived the crash. Jack Sheppard is guilty of perjury! Wait, 8? The prosecuting attorney has only one question. Does Jack love Miss Austin. Jack: No, not anymore.

Sawyer and Hurley at The Barracks. Hurley: So, what do you want to watch, Xanadu or Satan's Doom? Sawyer: I'm reading. I went to imdb. I didn't find a movie titled Satan's Doom. Hurley goes with Xanadu anyway. I tried but I can't tell what book Sawyer is reading. Based on the glimpse of the cover photo, I'm going with Colette or Anais Nin. As we hear the lovely voice of Olivia Newton John, there is a knock on the door. It's Kate. Kate coming over causes Hurley to go into spasms of teenage boyhood. He might as well start nudging Sawyer and mouthing off "Say no more. Know what I mean?". He settles for winking. Sawyer takes Kate into the kitchen. He offers her some Dharma Initiative wine in a box. Sawyer: At least be woman enough to tell me you want to use me for something. Kate: I want to use you for something. Sawyer: See, wasn't so hard. She wants Sawyer to help her bust Ben out.

Sawyer goes over to play backgammon with Locke. Locke: You think I know what I'm doing? Sawyer reassures Locke. Sawyer then tells Locke what Kate is up to. How could she talk to Miles? Nobody knows where he is. Sawyer: What? The boathouse down by the dock? If Hugo knows, everybody knows. Sawyer always calls him Hugo now. Locke heads out. Locke: Whatever Miles has to say to Ben, he can say to me.

Sawyer and Locke go down to the boathouse. Miles is gone.

More later.

Eggtown (cont.)

Meanwhite Kate breaks into Locke's place with Miles. She takes him to see Ben. Kate: You've got one minute, go. Ben knows who Miles is and who he works for. Miles: I found you and I can tell him exactly where you are or I can lie and tell him you were already dead. I'd be willing to do that for 3.2 million dollars. Ben: 3.2? Why not 3.3 or 3.4? Ben asks if Miles thinks he has access to that kind of money. Miles: Do no treat me like I'm one of them, like I don't know who you are and what you can do. Ben reminds him that Charlotte knows he's alive. Miles will take care of Charlotte. He gives Ben 2 days. Ben points out that he's kind of limited in his abilities at the moment, being locked up and all. Miles gives him a week. Kate calls time. Now she wants her answers. Yeah, they know all about her. She starts to take him out of the basement just as Locke shows up. He sends Kate home. Sawyer gives her a look and a shake of the head.

Kate and Claire chat. Locke comes over. Locke wants to know what Miles and Ben said to each other. She tells hiim about the extortion attempt. She then starts to apologize. Locke: You're not welcome here anymore. I want you gone by morning.

Flash Forward: Mom comes to see Kate at the courthouse. She's still sick. Kate is still mad. Kate: Why are you here? Mom: It all changed when I thought you were dead. She doesn't want to testify against her. Kate: Then don't. She asks to see her grandson. Kate doesn't want her anywhere near him.

Kate goes to see Sawyer. Kate: He wants me gone by tomorrow. Sawyer: What? He banished you? Well, I unbanish you. She can stay with Sawyer. They kiss.

Daniel and Charlotte play a card game. Charlotte: Time. Ok, tell me, what do you remember? Daniel tries to remember the three(!) cards. He gets 2 right. She thinks it's progress. He's not so sure. Jack comes up with the phone - they haven't heard from Desmond and Sayid. There's another number - for emergencies. Juliet: It's an emergency. Charlotte calls and talks to Regina. What friends? The helicopter isn't there either.

Locke goes to Miles in the boathouse and puts a hand grenade in his mouth. Yes, really. Locke: I learned something yesterday. No use having rules if there's no punishment for breaking them. You'll be fine if you bite down on the trigger. Locke leaves. Wow. Locke's a crazy badass sometimes, ain't he?

Kate and Sawyer in the morning. She tells him she's sure she's not pregnant. He's very happy. Kate says she's heading back to the beach. Yeah, I never figured Sawyer for the father of the kid. Still . . . Sawyer: In about a week, you'll find some reason to get pissed at Jack and bounce right back to me. She slaps him and leaves. Yeah, Kate, sometimes the truth hurts.

Flash Forward: Courtroom - the DA informs the judge that their chief witness can't testify for medical reasons. The judge grants a recess - for lunch.
    The DA tells Kate's lawyer that they have to talk. A plea bargain is worked out - 10 years probation and Kate doesn't leave the state. Kate: I'll take it. She doesn't mind staying put now, she has a child. I'll tell you, after 4 sons, the one thing I dream about, constantly, is not staying put. But that's just me. Jack sees her as she leaves the courthouse. He was waiting for her. She thinks maybe Jack actually believes the story they told the world. Jack: What I said in there. I didn't mean it. I mean really, what's one more lie under oath? She invites him to follow her home. He suggest getting coffee. Kate: I know why you don't want to see the baby, Jack. But until you do, until you want to, there's no 'you and me going for coffee'. She tells him to come see them if he changes his mind. Kate goes home to her baby. It's Aaron. He calls her Mommy. WTF!!! I know you reacted that way. Raise your hand if you saw that one coming. BD did not.

So, Jack doesn't want to see his own nephew? Bad Uncle Jack. I kinda wonder why that's a problem. I'm sure we will eventually find out. Maybe it's something about the story they have to tell. I guess it means something happens to Claire. Not surprising, now that Charlie is gone, what is there really for Claire to do except have pointed conversations with other characters and fold laundry. They killed Libby for the same reasons. Plus they couldn't let Libby meet Desmond, could they.

Thanks BD, you left me hanging all night!

Locke goes to Miles in the boathouse and puts a hand grenade in his mouth. Yes, really. Locke: I learned something yesterday. No use having rules if there's no punishment for breaking them. You'll be fine if you bite down on the trigger. Locke leaves. Wow. Locke's a crazy badass sometimes, ain't he?
    Jason signed his name w/ that screenshot in between awhile back...

The Constant

Desmond looking at the marina photo. Lapidus follows Daniel's instructions exactly. He's got a yellow cheat sheet. Sayid wonders why he's flying directly into a thunderhead. Lapidus: Why don't you just sit back and let me do my job. Sayid sees the photo. What does Desmond expect to find on the boat? Desmond: Answers. Things get rough.

Flashback: Desmond is back in the Royal Scots. He's slow to get up. He earns his platoon(?) push-ups and crunches in the rain.

Back on the helicopter, Desmond doesn't recognize Sayid.

Jack and Juliet worry on the island. Charlotte and Daniel don't worry. Juliet wants to know why. Daniel tells them over Charlotte's objections. Daniel: You perception of how long your friends have been gone, it's not necessarily how long they've actually been gone. Daniel reassures them that they will be fine as long as Frank stays on the exact bearings. Jack: And what if he didn't? Daniel: Then there might be side effects.

Meanwhile on the helicopter, Desmond is freaking out. He still has the marina photo. Lapides gets the to the freighter. Several people who look like soldiers met the copter. There's one big one who looks especially mean, hot, but mean. He's not happy that Frank brought Sayid and Desmond. Desmond continues to freak. Big Dude: When did he start doing this? Frank explains what happened. When he starts to tell about the bearings, Big Dude interrupts. They take Desmond to sick bay. Sayid says he's coming too. Big Dude promises to bring Sayid down after a doctor looks at Desmond. Desmond: I'm not supposed to be here.

And with that, Desmond is back in the Royal Scots. This time, he earns his platoon a nice run in the rain. His friend wants to know what's wrong with him. Desmond says if he told him, he'd think Desmond was crazy. Too late! Is he trying to get tossed out of the army? No, I was on a boat. With T-Pain! Was anybody else there that you knew? Yes, Penny, a photo of Penny. He goes to make a phone call.

Back on the boat. Desmond: I'm not here, this isn't happening. Big Dude: You are here and this is happening. Look, we're gonna take care of you. Big Dude is Keamy, he's from Vegas. The other dude is Omar, he's from Florida. Since they last ported in Fiji, they are reasonably sure that they are still somewhere in the Pacific right now. They take Desmond to sick bay and lock him in. There's another guy already there. Other Guy: Hey, it's happening to you too, isn't it?

Sayid, on deck, observes, carefully. Sayid talks to Frank. Sayid notices that they took off at dusk but landed in the middle of the day. Frank: Listen, I don't know what's happening to your buddy, all right? But you gotta trust me when I tell you this. I am trying to help you. Sayid asks for the phone so he can call Jack. Frank: You give me that weapon and I'll give you this phone. Sayid makes the trade. Frank tells him to be quick.

Sayid calls, on speakerphone. He explains what's going on with Desmond. Daniel knows it's bad. Daniel: Has he recently been exposed to high levels of radiation or electromagnetism? Uhm, yeah, the hatch exploded. Nobody mentions that! Grrr. Daniel: We don't know why, but going to and coming from the island, some people can get a little confused. Juliet: So, what, this is amnesia? Daniel (still worried): No, this is not amnesia.

The Constant (cont.)

Desmond's bunkmate zones out. Desmond tries to wake him. He comes to: I was just on a ferris wheel. I'm betting Coney Island. The doctor comes in. Bunkmate: See Ray, I'm not crazy. It's happening to him too. Bunkmate blames the problem on the island. The doctor gives him a sedative. In front of Desmond. It weird Desmond out. The doctor checks Desmond's eyes. He asks what's the last thing Desmond remembers.

And we're back in Scotland. Desmond calls Penny. He's in trouble. He needs to see her. She's trying to get over him. She tells him he can't come see her. She's moved anyway. Desmond: Penny, I need you.

Desmond comes back. Frank and Sayid walk in. Ray (the doctor) objects. Faraday wants to talk to Desmond. Ray tries to stop it. Sayid makes it happen anyway. Daniel asks Desmond what year it is. Desmond: It's 1996. Daniel asks where is he supposed to be. Desmond: Camp Miller, just north of Glasgow. Daniel tells Desmond to come find him at Queens College, Oxford University - physics department. Daniel pulls out his journal. He makes some comments so that Jack knows this has happened before. Daniel: Tell me to set the device to 2.342, oscillating at 11 Hertz. Tell me that you know about Eloise.

Keamy gets the door to sick bay open. They take the phone from Desmond.

Meanwhile, Desmond has gone back to Scotland. He uses his leave to go to Oxford. He finds Daniel wearing a really bad wig. Desmond explains how he's come from the future. Daniel thinks it's a prank, that somebody put him up to it. Desmond: Set your device to 2.342 and make sure it oscillates at 11. Daniel gets upset. Desmond: I know about Eloise. Daniel takes Desmond to his lab.

Daniel sets up an experiment. Oxford frowns upon this research. Desmond: This is changing the future? Daniel: You can't change the future. Will this little nugget come up again? Daniel puts on an apron. Desmond asks if he needs one. No, it's only for prolonged exposure. Daniel: I do this 20 times a day. Desmond points out that Daniel doesn't have anything on his head. Daniel: Yeah. Daniel runs the experiement on Eloise. Eloise is a lab rat. It works. Eloise can run the maze, but Daniel isn't going to teach her how to do it until an hour from now. Daniel sent her conciousness, her mind, to the future. Whoa, be excellent to everyone. (15 points if you get that one.) Desmond: So how does that help me? Daniel: I don't understand, am I supposed to help you? Didn't I send you back here to help me? Desmond tells him they are on an island. Daniel: Why would I go to an island?

Desmond is back. Keamy gets the phone. He's upset that they let Desmond talk to Faraday. They take Frank to talk to the captain. Desmond says he needs to get back so that Daniel can help him. Sayid talks to him. Bunkmate: Desmond, you're Desmond? Desmond: Do I know you? Bunkmate: I'm George Minkowski. I'm the communications officer. Before they strapped me down here all the calls to and from the boat came through me in the radio room. Every so often I get this flashing light on my console, an incoming call. We were under strict orders never to answer it. Desmond: So, what's that got to do with me? Minkowski: The calls came from your girlfriend, Penelope Widmore. If he was under strict orders never to answer it, how does he know that?

Desmond back in Daniel's lab. He was catatonic for 75 minutes. It was about 5 minutes of future time. Each time his consciousness jumps it gets harder for him to jump back. Eloise is dead. Desmond: If this keeps happening, am I gonna die? Daniel: I don't know. I think Eloise's brain short circuited . . . She had no anchor. Desmond needs an anchor, a constant, something familiar that he cares about that exists in both places, something he really cares about. Desmond: This constant, can it be a person? Daniel: yeah, maybe, but you have to make some kind of contact. Desmond picks up the phone. Daniel: Who are you calling? Desmond: I'm calling my bloody constant. The number has been disconnected. He runs out - down some stairs - and comes back to the boat.

Desmond tells Sayid that he needs to call Penny. Sayid: Calling you girlfriend is not our priority. Desmond: Listen, Brother, I don't know you, but you seem to know me, so, if you and I are friends? Then I need your help. I need to call Penny now. Minkowski informs them that somebody sabotaged the radio room. They unstrap Minkowski. Sayid: And how do we get out of here? Minkowski: Through the door. It's open. Minkowski: Looks like you guys have a friend on this boat. Minkowski's nose starts bleeding.

Desmond is back in the stairwell. He heads out again. He finds Charles Widmore at an auction. Next up is Lot Number 2342, the firstmate's journal from the Black Rock, tragically lost at sea. It departed from Portsmouth on March 22, 1845 on a trading mission to Siam, so, not a slaving ship after all. That's way too late for a slave trade ship. The only known artifact of the journey is the journal, discovered among pirate artifacts on Madagascar 7 years later. Contents of the journal have never been made public outside the family of the seller, Tovard Hanso. Charles Widmore wins the auction at 380,000 pounds. Wow, really? That seems a bit high. Widmore agrees to talk to Desmond. Desmond tells him that he needs to get in touch with Penny. Widmore: I take it you've had second thoughts and you'd like her to give you a second chance. Desmond: Why do you hate me so much? Widmore: It's not me who hates you. Here's her address. I'll let her tell you herself.

Desmond back on the boat. Minkowski takes them to the radio room. Desmond: How did this happen to you? Minkowski and another crew member got bored. They took out a skiff. They just wanted to see the island but they had to turn back because 'Brandon' started acting crazy. Desmond: Where is he? Minkowski: In a body bag. They reach the radio room. It's been sabotaged. Sayid: Who did this? Minkowski: You got me but when the captain finds out I feel sorry . . . And he's out. Sayid: After your call, someone has to tell me precisely what is going on. Desmond: Can you fix it, Brother? Sayid: I need a minute. Sayid, take all the time you need. I'm starting to think you could fix absolutely anything. Why aren't you participating in the healthcare debate?

Does Desmond know the number. No. Sayid: Well, you better remember it. Minkowski is bleeding more from the nose. Desmond notices a calendar - it's 2004. Sayid notices that Desmond is now bleeding from the nose. Minkowski jerks, he's bleeding from the mouth and around his eyes now too. Minkowski: I can't get back. And he dies. Sayid: What happened to him? Desmond: The same thing that is going to happen to me.

Desmond back in the bathroom where Charles Widmore left him. He goes to see Penny. She's trying to make a clean break. He pleads his case. He needs her to listen to him. He knows it won't make any sense - he needs to call her in 8 years, December 24, 2004, Christmas Eve. Happy Christmas! Penny: If I give you the number, will you leave? Desmond: Aye. Penny: 7946-0893. I don't see anything in those numbers but I'm not looking real hard either. Penny tells Desmond to get out. Desmond: I'm not crazy, Penny. You have to believe me. You have to trust me.

Sayid: I do trust you but you still have to remember that number. Desmond: 7946-0893, it's a London number. Sayid: Excellent timing. Sayid doesn't know how long the battery will last. Sayid: I hope she's there. Desmond: I hope so too. After a long wait, she answers. I find that highly implausible. If my crazy ex-boyfriend showed up at my door and told me he was going to call me in 8 years on Christmas Eve but not before? Let's just say I'd have my shopping done on the 23rd that year. She believed him. She's been looking for him for 3 years. She knows about the island. She's been researching. They tell each other 'I love you'! They promise not to give up. Then the phone goes out. Sayid: I'm sorry, the power source went dead. That's all we have. Desmond: Thank you, Sayid. It was enough. Sayid: Are you all right now? Desmond: Aye, I'm perfect.

Daniel goes through his journal. He wrote down at some point "IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG, DESMOND HUME WILL BE MY CONSTANT." Aw, Daniel really cares about our Desmond.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    Jason signed his name w/ that screenshot in between awhile back...
    I don't think it was me. I did the "Not Penny's Boat" shot of Charlie, but I did not do the Miles hand grenade image.

Wish I had

--Jason "I want the image from the next episode-- when Miles' head explodes" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Tell me I'm not going crazy. I searched the archives, but I'm assuming the image that was linked has been taken down by now.

It was sometime shortly after this episode and in the " " s between Jason and Evans you had that picture of Miles w/ the grenade... or else I really am losing my mind. Anyone?