Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    [Was going to make a joke but since I thought about it and it might be a mild mild mild spoiler I deleted it]

Michael Emerson reading "Little Boy Blue"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBdPHIue3s0

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    BD's plans for Season 3 (and beyond). At the rate I'm going, I doubt I'll get through all the recaps before Season 6 starts. That's what the DVR is for. I plan to get through Season 3 by the premiere and I have my fingers crossed for Season 4. I'll get to Season 5 at the first programming break. Then I'll just be watching it unfold with the rest of you.

Do you want me to do Season 6 too?
    Your recaps are great fun and so many of us are enjoying them...

...but I (for one) really want you to experience Season 6 alongside all the rest of us. So, I suggest you get as much done as you can over the next few months, but once we hit mid-late December you give up recapping and plow through the episodes you have not see so you can join everyone in the viewing and conversation of Season 6.

It is worth noting that you have gotten through 2 seasons of recaps in the 4 or so months since Lost season 5 ended. We have more than 4 months to go until season 6 begins. I bet you get through at least season 4 by the time you need to stop and move ahead.

You may also find there are episodes you can gloss over rather quickly to save yourself some time.

--Jason "I certainly want BD on board in the weekly threads in Season 6... anyone disagree?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Oh, I've got that long? I thought the premiere would be in September. All right, nothing like a deadline to keep me going.

Oh, I've got that long? I thought the premiere would be in September. All right, nothing like a deadline to keep me going.
    Not only that, but Season 4 (14 eps) and Season 5 (16) are much shorter than seasons 1-3, which will help.

I'm feeling "LOST" ... need to "bump" this back to the first page.

A Tale of Two Cities - Season 3 Premiere

Blue eye opens. It's a woman, a blonde, we haven't seen her before. She puts on a DVD - it's 'Downtown'. She's singing along, then looks at herself in the mirror. Are we in flashback? Cut to the kitchen. She's burned the muffins and in the process of taking them out, burns her hand as well. Someone comes to the door. It's a Book Club. Someone is working on her plumbing and I'm confused. The blonde is named Julie. Book club is at her house because she picked the book. I tried but I can't tell what the book is. Adam doesn't like the book and says, "No wonder Ben didn't come." There's a shaking and everybody runs outside. It's Ethan who is fixing her plumbing. Oh heavens, this is on the island! Not Henry comes outside too. We see the plane break up. Not Henry sends Goodwin to the tail section and Ethan to the fuselage. He wants lists in 3 days. Not Henry to Julie: So I guess I'm out of the book club. And I guess Not Henry's name is Ben. Ben? Ben! I'm sorry people, but Henry is a better name for this character. This guy is no Ben.

I'm also going to guess that Julie has a large role this season, why start with her otherwise, hmmm?

Flashback: Jack stalking Sarah outside her school. I'm not going to spend too much time on the flashbacks in this episode because they bore me. It's Jack and Sarah, the least interesting back story, IMHO.

Jack wakes up in a locked room (in a warehouse?) There's a glass wall down the middle of the room. Jack walks into it. On the other side of the glass wall is an open door.

Kate wakes up in a bathroom. Water is running. Tom is there. He tells Kate to take a shower. Kate: I'm not showering in front of you. Tom laughs: You're not my type. I wonder if that ever comes up again?

Sawyer wakes up in a cage. The cage is outside somewhere. There is another cage across from Sawyer. Someone is in that cage, sitting with his back to Sawyer. He won't talk. There's a big red button in the cage with a knife and fork pictured on it. Sawyer presses it - 'Warning'. Sawyer presses it again - 'Warning'. Guy in the other cage: I woudn't do that. Sawyer presses it again and gets a shock. A heckuva shock really as it knocks him back against the cage bars. Ouch.

Jack yanking on a chain in his cell. Julie comes in: Hi Jack, I'm Juliet. OK, not Julie then, Juliet.

Flashback: Jack meets Sarah at a lawyers office, I think. Sarah wants to know where Jack's lawyer is. Jack tries to apologize but Sarah has already moved on. The guy calls while they are talking. Jack is obsessed with finding out his name. Sarah won't tell him.

Juliet talks to Jack. He wants to know where Kate and Sawyer are.

Kate showering. Her clothes are gone. They've left her a pretty little sundress. Tom shows up: C'mon Kate, he's waiting. Tom leads her to a beach where Ben is sitting underneath a thatched cabana. Breakfast is laid out. If Kate wants coffee she has to put on the handcuffs. Kate does. Kate asks about Sawyer and Jack. Ben wants to know why she said Sawyer first. Why is he doing all this? He wants Kate to have a nice memory. Ben: Something nice to hold onto because Kate, the next two weeks are going to be very unpleasant. Wow. I told you he was in charge. Just remember him reading 'Little Boy Blue'. I just checked. Michael Emerson been nominated 3 times (including this year, Emmys are Sunday night, I think) but has not won. Well, I'm watching the Emmys now. This guy deserves it.

OK, gotta get the kids in bed.

A Tale of Two Cities - cont.

What are the two cities? The Others camp on the island and the beachfront camp of our heroes? Maybe. It's another Dickens reference at least. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. I always want to follow that with 'It was the winter of our discontent, it was the summer of our glorious sun', but that's just me. (And yes, I know that's not an exact quote, nerdy, nerdy me.)

So, I left us with Ben being extra creepy. He's still got a couple of little cuts/scabs on his face from the beating. I gotta hand it to the consistency/make-up guys. We may have been away for months, but Ben took his beating, what, a week ago?

Anyway L O S T

Flashback: Jack going through all the numbers on Sarah's cell phone bill. He's calling people up trying to figure out who the guy is. Let it go, Jack. Christian comes in. Jack dials another number. Christian's cell phone rings. Oh my. Predictably, Jack goes ballistic. Sarah is sleeping with Christian? Jack certainly thinks so. I'm skeptical but still, if this is really the twist, it both grosses me out and kind of fascinates me. But I'm not exactly buying it. Jack would never have forgiven his dad if this had really happened to the point of not going to Australia to find him no matter what Joyce Davenport said. Christian thinks Jack needs to let it go. That's what he says, echoing all the viewers at home, "Let it go, Jack." One thing we've learned about Jack though, he's tenacious.

Jack notices the intercom in his cell. It's producing static - then, in a really spooky move, it seems to be his father's voice saying "Let it go, Jack". That's a really nice bit right there, Show, bravo. Juliet brings Jack food but he won't cooperate by sitting with his back against the wall. Jack asks about the intercom. Juliet says that is hasn't worked in years. That's right, you can only hear dead people. Juliet wants to know what Jack does. He's a repo man. Juliet: Are you married? Jack: No, never saw the point. Jack asks her what the yellow button on the wall behind her is for. Juliet: For emergencies. Juliet wants to know where he was flying from. Jack tells the truth now, from Sydney where he had gone to get his father. Why? Because he's dead. Juliet tells Jack that he can trust her. Jack: What the hell is going on here? Juliet doesn't answer and instead leaves, with the sandwich. Wow, something is up with her. I wouldn't trust her Jack. She's either got an agenda or she's a stone cold rhymes with witch. My jury is still out.

Had Bostondevil ever had a little girl, she would have named her, well, Fiona, except Mr. Bostondevil hated that name so they compromised on Juliet. Alas, after 4 boys, Bostondevil has given up on the chance to ruin a teenaged girl's life someday.

Sawyer talking to the other cage occupant. He wants to know about Sawyer's camp. How far away is it? How long would it take to get there? He picks his lock, then Sawyer's. He tells Sawyer to run in the opposite direction from him. Saywer does only to come upon Juliet. She's very calm here which makes Sawyer pause long enough to get hit with a tranquilizer dart. He falls to the ground in a kind of seizure. Man, Sawyer is taking a beating this episode. He never hit Not Henry why do they smack him around so much? Sawyer is dragged back to his cage. The other cage occupant, now with a bleeding nose, is dragged to the cage. Tom: Say it. Say it, Carl. Carl apologizes to Sawyer for involving him in the breakout attempt. Carl is a kid, by the way.

Juliet pleads with Jack to sit against the wall so she can leave him some food and water. The drugs they gave him have a side effect - dehydration. If he doesn't eat something soon, he's going to start hallucinating. Hmmm, the intercom? Jack: So, you're a doctor? Juliet: No, I'm a repo woman. Ha! He finally does what she asks.

Flashback: Jack, at the hospital, sees his father getting a cell phone call. He decides it must be Sarah so he follows his dad to what must be an AA meeting. The meeting leader says, "You must be Jack". Jack is not real happy about being recognized. He ends up accusing Christian of sleeping with Sarah. Christian could try better to clam things down. Instead of denying it, which, really, is the smart thing to do, he tells Jack, again, to "Let it go." Well, now, guess what Jack's reaction is? It ends with Jack tackling Christian and ruining a table.

Jack in his cell ambushes Juliet when she opens the door. Using her as a hostage he tries to escape. He wants her to open a door. (There's a Dharma sign on the wall.) She says that if she opens it, they die. Ben appears. Jack threatens to kill Juliet. Ben: OK. If Jack opens that door they all die anyway. Jack pushes Juliet away and starts to open the door. Juliet makes a break for it, running towards Ben. That detemination would give me pause Jack, she's not running towards Ben, she's running heck for leather away from that door. Ben escapes behind another door and closes it before Juliet can get there. Wow. That's telling, isn't it? Jack gets the door open and water rushes in. Juliet calls to Jack. They get back in the cell (Juliet's side) and manage to get the door closed. She tells him to push the yellow button. He does. She then knocks him out with one punch. Impressive. Then she pulls his head above the water and holds on. I'm guessing the yellow button gets the door closed and drains the water? They don't show us.

Sawyer has figured out how to work the mechanism in his cage. He hears "Reward" which makes him very happy. A large fish shaped cracker comes out, followed by a pile of what, some kind of grain, nuts? Then water shoots out of a pipe. Sawyer dives for it, drinking straight from the pipe. Tom shows up, leading Kate. Tom: Hey, you got yourself a fish biscuit. Sawyer jaws back at Tom. Tom: Only took the bears 2 hours. (Bears, QFE) Sawyer: How many of them were there? Nice comeback. Tom leaves after putting Kate in the other cage. Sawyer gets nice. Sawyer: You OK, Freckles? Sawyer tosses her the fish biscuit.

Jack wakes up back in his cell. He realizes, wherever they are, they are underwater. Jack: Is this a Dharma Station? Juliet: They called it The Hydra. Juliet has a file on Jack, a thick one. She didn't need to be asking any of those questions earlier because she already knew the answers. Jack asks if they know about Sarah.

Flashback: Sarah bailed Jack out of jail after Christian called her. She doesn't stay. Jack follows her out and we see the other guy. It's most definitely not Christian. Sarah tells Jack that when his dad called her, he was so drunk she could hardly understand him. So much for the 50 days sober. Sarah: Look on the bright side, now you have something to fix. Wow. Sarah changed rather fast, didn't she? They were only married two years. I may have to reassign the stone cold rhymes with witch label. Geez.

Jack asks Juliet if Sarah is happy. Juliet: Yes, she is, very happy. Jack, I think you're better off without her. Juliet tries again to bring him food. This time Jack behaves. Ben appears outside the door where he can't be seen by Jack. Ben: Good work, Juliet. Juliet: Thank you, Ben.

Duuuuuuuun. L O S T
    Last edited by Bostondevil; 09-06-2009 at 12:32 PM.

The Glass Ballerina

First shot is a glass ballerina, spinning, with a fireplace in the background. We see the ballerina fall and shatter on the floor. A small girl looks on in horror. Then we see her practicing the piano, it's Sun as a child. Her father comes in and asks her if she broke the ballerina. Sun blames the maid. Her father explains that if Sun sticks to her story, he will have to fire the maid. Sun sticks to her story.

You know what I said about Jack/Sarah being boring back story? My second least favorite backstory is Jin/Sun. Is there really anything new we need to find out about these two? Plus paying attention to all the subtitles while trying to take notes makes for slow going.

Sun washing her face in the bathroom on the sailboat. She has morning sickness. I know what that feels like. Drink some water too, Sun. You get dehydrated which makes it worse. You need some of the Dharma fish crackers too. I think you should get your own box. Jin thinks it's time to sail back. Sayid wants to give Jack a little more time. Maybe he's north of the mountains and didn't see the fire. A Sun - Jin disagreement ensues. Sun will help Sayid.

Juliet brings Jack some soup, she made it herself! Juliet was baking muffins when we first saw her. Yes, she burned them, but I'm thinking Juliet is the island's Martha Stewart anyway. The actress kinda looks like her, doesn't she? She could certainly play Martha in a TV movie. I know Cybill Shepard already did, but the next one should star Elizabeth Mitchell. Anyway, back to the subject at hand, Juliet leaves the food and knocks on another door. Ben opens it, he's been sitting in a room full of monitors, watching everything that's going on. Ben: You never made soup for me. Now see, that's exposition done well again. The only reason for that part of the scene is for us to know that Ben watches everything that's going on, but nobody needed to spell it out for us, did they? Exposition is my pet peeve as a writer. You can do it well, but it takes effort. The worst, most egregious, purely expositional scene ever in the movies is from Fever Pitch, the Jimmy Fallon - Boston Red Sox one, you know the scene I mean, I'm sure. (Hint, no self-respecting Red Sox fan would ever sit a Fenway and recount the Curse of the Bambino for you.) Can you tell this episode, bored me just a little bit?

OK, so, another women approaches Ben and Juliet. She reports that The Others who followed Sayid from the dummy camp saw him get on a sailboat! Ben is shocked? How could they possibly have a sailboat? I'm thinking he never knew about The Swan. Juliet: So they have a boat. Sailing around in circles will keep them busy. The other woman is worried Sayid will find 'us'. Ben: How quickly can you put together a team? Woman: Within the hour. Ben: Then don't waste time talking to us. Oh, she's about to wet her pants with this assignment, she's no cool customer like our Juliet. And in typical LOST fashion just as she's about to leave, Ben: And Colleen, I want that boat.

A band of Others come for Sawyer and Kate. They are giving them lunch - in black metal 'construction worker' lunchboxes, so cute - they need to keep up their strength. OK. Hmmmm. As they are being lead away Colleen shows up, "Danny wait". Danny and Colleen talk. Sawyer tries to eavesdrop. Danny notices.

Sun apologizes for disagreeing with Jin in front of Sayid. They kiss and make-up, well, hold hands and make-up. We get it, they fight but they love each other and the make-up sex has gotten Sun pregnant. Enough already. I'd say they are rapidly becoming expendable characters but something tells me they aren't going anywhere, at least not for a long while.

Flashback: Sun lying in bed. But she's with Harvard guy! Sun lied! Wow. I mean I saw that coming last season but I thought Sun had resisted temptation. I believed her when she said she'd never been with anyone but Jin. Harvard guy is named Jae. He gives her a pearl necklace. He doesn't want to share her anymore. He tells her that her English is nearly perfect, she can go to America. Is there any chance that the baby is Jae's? No, they'd been on the island more than a month when she realized she was pregnant. OK, answered my own question. There is a knock on the door. Jae answers. It's Sun's father. He becomes instantly deferential. Sun's father barges in anyway to discover Sun in bed. He tells her to get dressed and leaves. Jae looks worried.

Sawyer and Kate are taken to a work site where they are supposed to break rocks. Is this just busy work? It feels like busy work. If they misbehave, they get shocked. Kate says she's not doing anything until she sees Jack. This makes Danny shock Sawyer. Sawyer falls to the ground, writhing in pain, again. Kate is properly horrified.

Flashback: Jin enters Sun's father's office (Mr Pak? I'm going with it.) Mr. Pak gives Jin a folder with Jae's picture in it. He tells Jin that Jae has been stealing from him. He wants Jin to put an end to it. Jin says that he will deliver a message, not good enough, Mr. Pak wants Jin to put an end to it. Jin refuses. I guessing that Jin remembers Jae from when he was a doorman. Mr. Pak tells him that's his job. Jin quits. Mr. Pak won't let him quit, when Jin married his daughter, he became his son. Mr. Pak: My shame is your shame. I need you to restore the family's honor.

The sailboat crew finds a dock. We've seen this dock before. Sayid wants to bring the boat in. Jin is worried.

Sawyer pauses to watch Kate breaking rocks - she's still wearing the dress. Alex uses the distraction to whisper to Kate from behind some bushes. She asks about Carl. She also tells Kate that Kate is wearing her dress. Kate can keep it. It looks better on her anyway. Then she disappears. Then Sawyer chats with Kate until Danny yells at them.

Sayid is building a large fire. It's so Jack can see it. Sun: Why are you lying to me, Sayid? Sayid: And what would you know about lying, Sun? Sayid, we've just found out, she knows a lot. I wonder if Sun could successfully lie to Sayid? I say yes! Sayid is fairly certain their friends have been captured. He's planned an ambush. They'll take 2 hostages, one to make sure the other one cooperates. Hmmm, now there's a technique we've seen used before. Sayid needs Sun to keep lying to Jin until the fire is lit.

Flashback: Jin and Sun having dinner. Jin tells her that her father called him son for the first time. Sun: Why? Jin: He wants me to deliver a message. Sun tells him not to do it. Jin tells her it's not that simple. Sun suggests they run away. Jin knows they can't. He leaves to deliver the message.

Jin asks Sayid for a gun. Jin says in Korean that he understands English better than Sun thinks he does. Sayid gives him a gun. Jin looks like he knows what he's doing. Sayid tells Sun she will probably be safer on the boat. There is another gun there, under the blue tarp.

Juliet shows up at the work site. She and Sawyer exchange looks. She throws him a canteen. He pauses then pours out the water. He turns around and sees Kate. A plan forms in his mind. He walks over, grabs Kate, and kisses her. The Others grab him but he's prepared. He fights them off, grabs a stunner but there's a safety switch. Still, he manages to get a gun. Juliet: James! Put the gun down. She's holding a gun on Kate. He puts the gun down and they stun him, again. Geez. I hope his heart is in good shape. Sawyer's been tazed and tranquilized and I don't know what how many times now, 50?

Nighttime, fire is lit, noises on the boat. The Others are coming by sea. Two lanterns Sayid, two lanterns!

Flashback: Jin waiting outside Jae's hotel. He sees Jae enter and follows with a gun. He surprises Jae outside his room (#1516, always check the hotel room numbers) and forces him inside. Jin beats Jae up then holds a gun to his head. Jae is crying. Jin can't do it. He tells Jae to leave the country and never come back. He goes back to his car. While he's sitting in it, gathering himself, Jae lands on the hood. The pearl necklace is in his hand.
    Did he jump? Or did Mr. Pak have a back-up plan? Did he jump out of love or did he know who he was dealing with and decided to end it before the next attempt came along? Does it matter? I don't exactly buy that this guy wouldn't just leave the country.

Sayid and Jin waiting. Sayid: I don't think they're coming. Sayid, I haven't seen you be wrong too many times but. Meanwhile on the boat. Sun hears the raiding party. She gets the gun. Colleen enters the galley and finds her. Sun: I want you to let me off this boat. Colleen: I can't, it's not my decision to make. Colleen knows Sun's name and she knows that Sun won't shoot because she's not a killer. Colleen says that despite what Sun might believe, they are not the enemy but they will be if Sun shoots her. The engine starts as Colleen steps toward Sun. Sun shoots, bad timing more than intention, I think. The shot brings the other Others to the galley. Sun gets the door closed just in time. She pushes he way out through the skylight. Tom sees her and shoots as she rolls off the boat. The shots bring Sayid and Jin running. The boat is already underway. Jin jumps into the water. Jin begins calling for Sun. After a few moments, we hear Sun respond. They find each other in the water.

Flashback: Sun stands apart from the proceedings but watches Jae's funeral. Mr. Pak finds her there. She shouldn't be there. He tells her that Jae jumped off a balcony. He then tells her to go home. Sun asks if he will tell Jin. Mr. Pak: It's not my place to tell him.

Jin and Sun doing what Jin and Sun do on the beach. Sayid apologizes to them both. Next time, he'll listen to Jin. They start back to their camp - it's a long walk.

Sawyer thrown back into his cage. Kate wonders what was up - with the kiss. Sawyer did it to test their mettle. A couple of them have skills but he thinks none of them have ever seen any real action. Sawyer: That blonde who had a gun pointed at you? She woulda shot you, no problem. (Sawyer, you and I think the same thing here.) Kate: Why'd she call you James? Sawyer: Cause that's my name. You know what else I noticed? You taste like strawberries. Kate: You taste like fish biscuits. Sawyer tells Kate that sooner or later they are going to make a mistake. Sawyer thinks he'll be ready but the camera pans back to reveal Ben listening to every word.

Jack in his cell, a couple of guys wheel in a TV and Ben comes to talk to him. Ben points out how there positions have reversed. Ben wants Jack to change his perspective. Ben's first step is to introduce himself honestly. Ben: My name is Benjamin Linus and I've lived on this island all my life. He holds out his hand. Jack doesn't shake it. Ben tells Jack that Kate and Sawyer are fine and they're close. Jack doesn't Ben then tells Jack that they want him to do something for them. Ben: If you cooperate, we send you home. He won't say what. Jack doesn't believe they can leave the island. Ben assures him that they can. If they can leave, why would they stay? Ben: Yes, Jack, why? Yes, they do have contact with the outside world. Jack's plane crashed on 9/22/04, it's now 11/29/04. You've been on the island 69 days. Bostondevil's first thought was - RED SOX WIN!!!!!!!

(Bostondevil tangent - I won't bore you with all the details but my youngest son was born 10/22/04 and yes, he was supposed to be the Red Sox good luck baby. He delivered. Hey, no wonder I didn't get hooked on LOST from the beginning. I was 8 1/2 months pregnant when it premiered.)

Ben: During those 69 days your fellow Americans re-elected George W. Bush president, Christopher Reeve has died, and the Boston Red Sox won the World Series. Jack laughs: If you wanted me to believe this, you probably should have picked somebody else besides the Red Sox. Ben tells him, it's true. They were down 3 games to none to the Yankees and then they won 8 straight. Unbelieveable, I know, but there it is. (During ALCS Game 4, Bostondevil took her 9 months pregnant belly and rubbed it against the TV screen, saying "C'mon good luck baby! Work your magic!" All you Red Sox fans may thank me.) Jack still doesn't believe him so Ben turns on the tape. There are three things Bostondevil never gets tired of watching, the Laettner shot, the Roberts steal, and the Foulkes toss to Mientkiewicz. Jack is shocked. Ben promises to take Jack home if he does what Ben tells him to do.

Duuuuunnnn. LOST.

I love when you said this guy is no ben. As for you will see if you've havent already.

Further Instructions

Locke's eye - looks like we're catching up with our beachfront crew this episode. Locke is flat on his back in the jungle. He's sees a naked (and slightly bloody) Desmond run by. He tries to call to him but can't. Eko's scripture stick comes flying at him from the sky.

Claire and Charlie see Locke come back. Charlie goes to talk to him, to find out what happened. Locke is still mute. He's in the 'church'. He manages to communicate to Charlie that he needs to speak to the island. Charlie is starting to think Locke is a whack job.

Locke finds a pen and paper. He goes to Charlie. He needs Charlie's help. Locke, understandably, is on Charlie's D-list right now. But Charlie agrees, with prejudice, to help Locke. Locke wants Charlie to stand guard over his sweat lodge. Charlie: What in the sodding hell is a sweat lodge? Yeah, Locke?

Justin Chatwin!! He's one of the guest stars this episode. I have no idea where I know him from and when I checked imdb.com, I still don't know how I know this actor, but I do and I'm excited. He's a young one who has chops, IMHO. (Yes, he plays Tom Cruise's son in War of the Worlds. I doubt that was the movie that made me notice him.)

Anyway, Justin stands in the pouring rain. It's pouring rain? Again. Has somebody pointed out on some other crazy insane every detail LOST site exactly how much it rains on this show? The answer? A lot. OK, Justin, pouring rain, he's hitchhiking. Locke picks him up. His name is Eddie, he's headed for Eureka. He's looking for work. He doesn't know what kind of work, he just knows that Mom's dead, Dad's a drunk, and he needs to get the heck outta where he came from. And conveniently the rain stops just in time for Locke to get pulled over. Eddie: What'd you do, rob a bank? Locke: Fraid so. Do we believe that? Does Locke ever enter The Tyson Zone (tm Bill Simmons)? Locke would have to do something really out there for me not to by it at this point.

The state trooper pulled them over because of a broken taillight, so, I guess no banks. Still, when the trooper asks him what's in the back of the truck, Locke says, "Guns and groceries." Maybe it's groceries and guns. I'm not going back to check. Still, Locke has all the proper paperwork for the guns. Trooper: I could still write you up for picking up a hitchhiker. Eddie says Locke is his uncle. Trooper knows when he's been bested, but he doesn't like it. Trooper: Get outta here. As they get back in the truck, Eddie: So what is with all the guns, Uncle? Yeah, Locke, I want to know too!

Charlie with Locke at his sweat lodge. Is Locke mixing up peyote? Does he think he's Carlos Castaneda? Both Charlie and I want to know. Locke tells Charlie by notepad to stand guard and don't come in. I don't think Charlie's planning to come in, but thanks, Locke.

Locke sets the fire, breathes deeply, and Boone appears. Boone has let his hair grow in prepartion for becoming a vampire. (Bostondevil has no fascination for vampires, well except she likes True Blood, and wishes the current craze would move along, taking all those too tight pants that make even skinny girls have muffin tops with it.) Locke tries to speak. Just about everybody in this episode is calling him John. Should I make the switch? I'm not going to do it formally, but if I call Locke, John, I hope the rest of you can just roll with it. Boone: What's that, John? Oh, you're sorry. That's OK. I was a sacrifice the island demanded. Don't worry, you'll speak when you have something worth saying. I'm here to help you find your way again so you can bring the family back together. What family? Does he mean the survivors of Flight 815? Boone wants to show Locke something. Locke will need his wheelchair.

Sweat Lodge Dream Sequence: Boone pushing Locke in the wheelchari through the Sydney airport. Boone: John, someon in this airport is in serious danger - you're the only one who can save them. Locke points to Charlie, Claire, and Aaron. Boone: Not them, they'll be OK, for awhile. Next Locke sees Sun and Jin. As Boone speaks (I think Sayid's got it), Sayid appears with them. Locke sees Hurley working the ticket counter. Boone: Not Hurley. Desmond? Boone: Forget it, he's helping himself. Locke sees Jack being wanded by Ben, Kate and Sawyer stand behind him. Boone: There's nothing you can do for them, not yet. Boone tells Locke that he has to clean up his own mess. Boone disappears then reappears at the top of an escalator. Locke crawls up and finds Eko's stick. Boone is all bloody now, just like in the last Locke dream sequence: Clean it up, John, they've got him. You don't have much time.

Locke comes out of it and exits the sweat lodge. Charlie is there. Locke gets a knife. Charlie's a little worried: What are you doing? Locke can speak again: I'm going to save Mr. Eko's life.

And on that note, time to pick up the kiddies.

Further Further Instructions

Wow, picking up the kids sure did take awhile!

Locke and Charlie seach for Eko. Locke finds Eko's cross. Locke tells Charlie that Eko was dragged this way by the polar bears. Charlie: Sawyer killed the polar bear. Locke: He killed a polar bear. Locke then finds a bloody spot. Locke tries to send Charlie back to the beach but Charlie says he'll take his chances. Locke: You don't want to go with me Charlie. Bad things happen to people who hang around with me. Who is he now, Hurley?

Flashback: Locke brings Eddie back to the place he's living - some kind of commune. They have a sweat lodge. You can use it to figure out if you're a farmer or a hunter. Eddie: Which are you? Eddie is wearing a Geronimo Jackson t-shrit when they sit down to dinner with the whole commune crew. I think it's been detemined that Geronimo Jackson is an inside joke band made up for the show. I think. This is the second time Geronimo Jackson has been discussed. Locke says grace. He thanks the lord for helping him to stop being so angry and for helping him find a real family. Eddie tells Locke thank you as he sits back down.

Charlie and Locke walk by what's left of the hatch - it's a huge crater now. Charlie: What happened? Locke: Looks like it imploded. Next they find a dead boar. It's an active kill, meaning the polar bears are coming back to finish later. A polar bear growls. Charlie and Locke run for it. More noise in the bushes. Locke throws a knife and we hear a cry. It's Hurley, they hit his canteen. Hurley: Dude.

Hurley delivers the message sent by The Others. He tells them Not Henry/Ben was like their leader. They send Hurley back to the beach but not before Charlie tells him about Eko and the Bunnymen, I mean bears. Bring on the dancing horses. We've had one already, haven't we? A dancing horse I mean.

Charlie used to watch nature programs whn he got high so he knows polar bears are the Einsteins of the bear community. The trail leads them to a cave.

Flashback: Eddie and John getting closer, Eddie asks about the greenhouse. John is evasive. Eddie persists. He's seen all the fertilizer going into the greenhouse. He wants in. Locke: Want in for what? Eddie: Whatever it is you guys are trying to blow up. Locke laughs and says he'll talk to Mike and Jan.

Locke is going into the cave. He keeps trying to send Charlie away. Locke is going in because he's supposed to, he takes a torch and some hairspray.

Hurley in the woods, nervous about the bears. Desmond finds him and asks for some clothes. Hurley gives him an extra large tye-dyed t-shirt.

Locke in the cave. He finds a beat up toy Tonka dumptruck.

Flashback: Mike and Jan are packing up their marijuana growing operation. Locke got played for a sucker - Eddie's a cop, fresh out of the academy. Locke pleads that it's not too late to fix this. How? Oh wow, are we going to find out that Locke has killed someone too.

Locke finds a skeleton wearing a Dharma uniform and then Eko. Eko is alive. A polar bear shows up and Locke hairspray bombs him. Locke gets Eko out of the cave. Charlie helps walk/drag Eko away.

Hurley questions Desmond about the failsafe key. The failsafe key detonated the electromagnetic anomaly and the hatch imploded. Hurley: You didn't implode. The whole island vibrated. Desmond tells Hurley that Locke is going to go after them (Kate, Jack, and Sawyer), he said so in his speech. Hurley: What speech? Desmond: Right. Oh goodness, is Desmond our time-traveller? Did using the failsafe give him the ability to see the future or travel through time of is he now Merlin - living backwards? I've also got a theory about that failsafe key. Somewhere, sometime, I read a book where a character had an object that would let you go 15 seconds back in time. I can't remember where that was and it might have even been in a movie. The usefulness of such an item was debated and the conclusion was that you could use it fix one really big mistake. Help me out people, where was that from? Was it Hitchhikers Guide? Anyway, I'm wondering if the failsafe key gave Desmond enough time to get Locke and Eko out, but not enough time to press the button.

Charlie and Locke walk-dragging Eko back to the beach. Charlie wants to know what Locke saw in the sweat lodge. Locke: I saw Boone. He has to clean up his own mess. Charlie agrees.

Flashback: Eddie and Locke hunting. Uh-oh. Eddie turns to find Locke pointing the gun at him. Eddie keeps up the charade for a bit then admits that yes, they picked Locke. Eddie starts to walk away. He tells Locke that he's a farmer. Locke: Nope, I'm not a farmer. I was a hunter. I'm a hunter. Eddie: I'm gonna walk away now, John. Eddie turns his back. Locke doesn't shoot. I'm guessing we don't get Justin Chatwin in flashbacks again. Darn.

Locke and Charlie find a stream. Charlie goes to get water for Eko. Locke stays with him. He apologizes and Eko wakes up enough to say, "You can still protect them, you can still save them. You will find them, after all you are a hunter, John." Charlie comes back and Eko is out. Did Locke imagine that or did Eko have a moment?

Locke and Charlie return. The Others have taken Jack, Kate, and Sawyer. Locke gives the speech. They will find J, K, and S but first they have to take care of Mr. Eko. Hurley hears the speech then turns to see Desmond throwing rocks into the ocean. Hurley is weirded out and suspicious all at once. But he doesn't say "Dude", so I'll say it for him - Dude.

Duuuuunnnnnn LOST

Somewhere, sometime, I read a book where a character had an object that would let you go 15 seconds back in time. I can't remember where that was and it might have even been in a movie. The usefulness of such an item was debated and the conclusion was that you could use it fix one really big mistake. Help me out people, where was that from?
    It was Galaxy Quest!

And just so you know, a lot of people refer to Not Henry/Ben as Benry so use that if you like. :-)

Locke finds a skeleton wearing a Dharma uniform
    What name is on the uniform?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by BluDevilGal View Post
    It was Galaxy Quest!

And just so you know, a lot of people refer to Not Henry/Ben as Benry so use that if you like. :-)
    Thanks BlueDevilGal! I knew it was space related. I love Galaxy Quest!

Benry, like that.

Every Man For Himself

Desmond watches Claire with Aaron. Desmond tells her that she has a problem with her roof and suggests that she move down the beach for a night so he can fix it. Charlie: What are ya doin, Brother? Charlie doesn't think the roof need fixing. Desmond backs off.

Cartoons - it's Jack watching them. There's a knock on the door, it's Juliet. Jack sits down, back to wall. He behaves now. Jack: Am I gonna keep watching cartoons or are you gonna tell me why I'm here? Jack wonders if he should talk to Ben. Jack assumes Ben is in charge. Juliet says they make decisions together. Really? I'm skeptical. So it Jack. Juliet: You don't know what you're talking about. I don't answer to him. Aaaand Benry walks in, "Juliet, I need you." Juliet makes a show of proving her point and asks if it can wait. Ben: The sub is back, we have a situation, so come with me now. Juliet gives Jack a look then leaves. The sub is back from where? Sub? What?

People running through the jungle carrying a bloody Colleen on a stretcher. Danny is about to take Kate and Sawyer back to work when he gets a call on the walkie-talkie. Juliet and Benry show up. Danny: She's hurt bad, Juliet. The group carries Colleen past the cages. Kate: What happened? Sawyer smiles: We happened. He thinks this is their ticket out of there.

Sawyer playing with the food button. Kate: What are you doing? Whenever you're ready to fill me in. Sawyer: Shush up, I'm thinking. Sawyer has figured out a plan to zap an Other. Sawyer will get zapped too, but he's felt it before, he can take it. Sawyer: They fall back from the shock, I grab the keys. I bet the bears haven't thought of that. Kate is impressed but what about Jack. Sawyer says they don't even know if Jack is alive. Sawyer: It's every man for himself, Freckles.

Flashback: Sawyer in prison winning a boxing match. He's got his shirt off. Has it been awhile or did he have his shirt off when he was busting up the rocks? I can't remember. Anyway he's definitely got his shirt off now. As the inmates are going back to their cell block, they see the new guy, Munson, taking a beating. He stole $10 million from the government but the authorities have never been able to find it. Sawyer approaches him in his Sawyer way. Why would Sawyer help him? Cause Sawyer hates the warden and he would hate it if the warden got his hands on the money.

Benry shows up and asks Sawyer how much he weighs and his age. Then he steps in the puddle. Sawyer puts his zapping plan into motion. Benry tells him that they turned off the zapper. Sawyer, dude, they can hear you. Then Benry beats Sawyer up, much to Kate's dismay. Sawyer is knocked out.

Sawyer wakes up in an operating room somewhere near Jack. He's strapped down. They put a stick in his mouth. Ben: It's for the pain. Then they inject his heart with a really big needle. And just as we're all thinking Pulp Fiction one of the guys says, "Noon, you have to go for the sternum like in the movie." Jack's otherwordly intercom fires into action and he hears Sawyer struggling.

Desmond take one of the golf clubs from a guy we haven't seen before, or at least he hasn't had any lines before. The new guy has an accent, Spanish, South American, something. Desmond tells him he should try squaring his shoulders more. New guy: You play golf? Desmond: I'm Scottish.

Sawyer wakes up with a bloody bandage on his chest. Benry comes in with a bunny in a cage. He shakes the cage until the bunny falls over dead. They've turned Sawyer into Snake Pliskin. There's a pacemaker in his heart and if his heart rate goes to high, his heart will explode. Ben gives him a heart rate monitor. Sawyer: Why don't you just shoot me and get it over with? Ben: Because we're not killers, James. Really? I just kinda wonder what Benry's definition of a killer is. And what were they going to do to Eko that first night? Oh, and if Sawyer tells Kate about what they've done, they'll put one in her too. OK, OK, I know, Snake had little bombs in his neck, not his heart, but still.

Sawyer is put back in his cage. Kate worries. She wants to know what happened. The Others bring Kate some new clothes, more suitable for breaking rocks. Kate changing clothes sends Sawyer's heart rate up. He dumps the bucket of water over his head. It's an amusing scene.

It's quite late, I'll finish this episode up tomorrow.

Flashback: Cassidy visits Sawyer in prison. She pressed charges against him which is why he's there. She shows him a picture of his daughter. I must say, that's a beautiful baby. Her name is Clementine. Sawyer is not happy with the news, "I ain't got no daughter."

Kate thinks she can climb out of the cage. Sawyer tells her to chill out.

Jack's spooky intercom is making noise again. I'm thinking the island controls that thing and wants Jack to have certain information, but that's just me. Or maybe it isn't. Hey, I'm only 3 years behind the rest of the LOST blogosphere now! Without spoiling anything for me, and I know it's hard, have I come up with anything new, at all, in these months of posting about LOST? Besides mentioning that Misha Chekov wanted Marilyn Monroe to act in a movie version of The Brothers Karamazov of course. Anyway, back to Jack and Juliet. She comes in, there's blood on her shirt, she needs his help. Jack heard Sawyer yelling, what did they do to him? It's not Sawyer's blood all over her. Well, good, but we already knew that.

Loud alarms are sounded and Jack is led, hooded, by the cages. Kate and Sawyer scream at Jack but he can't hear them because of the cacophony of warning sounds. I really like that word, cacophony.

Benry is not happy that Juliet brought Jack to the operating room. Colleen is on the table. Jack sees some x-rays. Juliet: Those aren't hers. Juliet got the bullet out but she can't stop the bleeding. Jack asks Juliet to clamp behind the liver so he can see what's happening. Juliet: I'm not a surgeon. Jack: I know, but I need your help. Jack finds the problem but Colleen crashes. Jack asks for paddles. They don't work anymore. Jack tries CPR. It doesn't work. Jack: Time of death (looks for a non-existent clock) . . . She's gone.

Colleen's death prompts Danny to go out and beat Sawyer up. He hits Sawyer in front of Kate's cage until Kate says that she loves him (Sawyer, I mean).

Flashback: Sawyer reading 'Of Mice and Men' in his prison bunk. Munson comes to find him. Things are happening to Munson just like Sawyer predicted. He's having wife problems and he wants Sawyer to move the money for him so that his wife can't get at it. Sawyer says no but it's Munson's idea, right, so finally Sawyer agrees to help. I smell a con but what, I don't think Sawyer is worth $10 million so . . .

Kate climbs out of the cage. Sawyer protests. Kate: I don't know what they did to you but you're scared enough to lie about it and that scares me even more. Sawyer tells Kate to run and to leave him behind. Sawyer: If you really love me, go. Kate: I only said that so he'd stop hitting you. Yeah, right. These two. Kate climbs back in her cage.

Benry wearing glasses has been watching all this with Tom. Tom tells Benry that Danny wants to kill Sawyer. Ben: Danny can wait. How long Benry? I thought you weren't killers. Benry then makes Jack sit in the OR with Colleen's dead body for a little while longer. Jack is handcuffed to the table by the way. I'd call them the enemy. Or as I've said before, I'd really like to know their definition of 'a good person'.

Juliet comes in to talk to Jack. She admits to being a fertility doctor. What? A fertility doctor? It's true I don't see any babies around and they sure were all fired up to have Claire's baby. Maybe the island can heal you but it also makes you sterile. Hmmmm. Somehow, I bet this bit of information comes up again. She's not used to death and losing Colleen has upset her. That Juliet is growing on me. I suspect there's a lot more to her story. She tells Jack that she should have come for him much sooner. Jack says that it wouldn't have mattered, she was dead before you put her on the table. Juliet: Are you just saying that to make me feel better? Jack: I don't care about making you feel better. Jack wants to know whose x-rays he saw. He guesses they belong to a man about 40 years old with a very large tumor on his L4 vertebrae. Jack just happens to be a spinal surgeon. Jack: Who am I here to see?

Desmond has set up what looks like a lightning rod using the golf club. Hurley asks if it's art. Ha! Desmond says it's an experiment. He tells Hurley he might want to wait a minute. Wait a minute? It's perfectly nice weather. And just like that, as so often happens on this show, a storm comes up. Lightning strikes the golf club and not Claire's tent. Thank you, Desmond.

Benry wakes Sawyer up: Let's take a walk.

Flashback: Sawyer brought before the warden. Sawyer did run a con - he's giving the location of the money to the feds in exchange for commuting his sentence. Nice. Oh and his reward money? He puts in into a bank in Albuquerque in his daughter's name. The warden wants to know who Clementine Phillips is, Sawyer's not telling and he doesn't want her to ever know where the money came from either. Hey Sawyer, she's still gonna have daddy issues, sorry.

Benry and Sawyer and other Others climbing rocks. Sawyer quotes 'Of Mice and Men'. Ben asks about it. Sawyer: Don't you read? It's 'Of Mice and Men'. You'd like it, puppies get killed. Sawyer wants to know if they brought him up here to make his heart explode. Except the con man got conned, the only thing they put in Sawyer was doubt. His heart is not going to explode. Benry shows Sawyer they aren't on the same island. There's another freaking island! And they use a submarine to get back and forth? There's no point in running because there's nowhere to run. Benry points out that the pacemaker didn't keep him in line, threatening Kate did. Benry then quotes 'Of Mice and Men' about love and loneliness. Sawyer doesn't recognize it. Ben: It's 'Of Mice and Men', don't you read? C'mon, let's get you back to your cage.

Duuuuuuun LOST
    Last edited by Bostondevil; 09-19-2009 at 11:37 AM.

Desmond take one of the golf clubs from a guy we haven't seen before, or at least he hasn't had any lines before. The new guy has an accent, Spanish, South American, something. Desmond tells him he should try squaring his shoulders more. New guy: You play golf? Desmond: I'm Scottish.
    Guy we have not seen before is named Paolo.

Keep on plowing ahead. A lot of folks think you are at the low point in Lost's story right now. But there are a few really good episodes in this batch and by the time you get to the middle of Season 3, we have righted the ship and you are in store for some fabulous storytelling.

--Jason "I think the end of Season 3 is the best few episodes of the entire series" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The Cost of Living

Flashback: Young Eko and Yemmi. Eko steals food for Yemmi. A nun catches him. She takes him to the church and makes Eko go to confession. Yemmi was hungry. Hunger does not matter. The nun tells Eko to ask God for forgiveness. Confess!

Eko unconcious at the camp. Sayid checks on him, he's been this way for a couple of days. Sayid wants to know what happened. Charlie: Before or after we rescued him from the polar bear cave? Hurley tells Sayid that Locke will want to know that he's back. Hurley turns to Eko as he leaves, "Stay alive, Dude." Well put Hurley.

Eko dreaming? Reliving? It's the scene at the plane we've seen before where Yemi gets shot. Yemi appears in the tent: Eko wake up. It is time to confess. To be judged, Brother. I will be waiting. You know where to find me. Yemi has a lighter.

Hurley, Charlie, and Sayid come back just in time to pull Eko from the tent which is now on fire. Eko mumbles about his brother. They leave him lying on the sand to fight the fire. Locke appears. They turn around. Eko is gone.

Benry comes to ask Jack to take a walk. Benry is dressed in a white tunic and loose white pants. He's brought a similar outfit to Jack. Jack: Does it hurt? Jack figures it's Benry that has the tumor and asks him about symptoms. He tells Benry that it's aggressive and it will kill him. Good! If it is Benry's tumor, he's not going to be taking walks much longer. Ben: I have no idea what you're talking about. Jack: Ok, my mistake. Jack puts on the tunic and pants: I'm ready when you are.

Benry takes Jack to the beach. All the Others are wearing long white tunics and pants. Juliet appears: I hate funerals. Colleen's body, on a raft adorned with flowers and plants, is pushed into the sea then set on fire. It's either a proper Viking funeral or a proper Hindu one. The white mourning clothes are Hindu but the raft put into the ocean is more Viking. Hindus also bury their dead in water but, I believe the cremation happens on land then the ashes are scattered over water, the Ganges river if possible. I think sending out the burning raft is pure Viking. We have Dr. Marvin Candle saying 'Namaste' so there's more than one Hindu reference. The music playing in the background is another '60s sounding pop song, femal vocals. I think the song is called 'I Wonder' but I haven't been able to confirm that. It seemed a little strange here. Maybe it was Colleen's favorite song. Ben comes up to Juliet: Why did you show him my x-rays? Juliet: I didn't tell him they were yours but I guess you did.

Desmond and Locke tell Sayid they want to try and communicate with the other hatches using the computers. But the hatch exploded. Well, one of them did. Charlie tells Locke that Eko was mumbling about his brother. Locke figures it out. They are all going to the same place.

Eko stumbling through the jungle. He collapses.

Flashback: The army men take Eko back to Yemi's village. He goes into the church and finds Yemi's Bible. Inside is a picture of Eko and Yemi as boys. A village woman comes in with her son Daniel, the altar boy. Eko will be taking Father Yemi's place. Yemi was called away. Will Yemi still go to London? No, Eko will be taking his place in London too.

Eko is having visions. The first is one of the presumably many men that he killed in his role as a local tough. Then Daniel the altar boy appears in his robes: Confess.

Locke invites anybody who wants to come to The Pearl. Hurley says that Jack wouldn't do that. Locke: I'm not Jack. No, you're not. In this case, it's a bit refreshing. So, Golf Guy (Paulo) and New Blonde Chick come too. Desmond asks Locke if they are going after the computer of Eko. Locke: Two birds, one stone. Eko's heading for the plane that crashed on top of the entrance to The Pearl. Desmond: That's quite a coincidence. Locke: Don't mistake coincidence for fate. Hmmmm, think that sentence is written on a placard in the LOST writers' room anyone? I'd like to add "Don't mistake coincidence for irony" cause it really bugs me when people do that.

Eko drinking from a stream.

Flashback: Eko is washing his hands in holy water. Daniel admonishes him. Eko: I am not Father Yemi. There is a commotion outside. It's the local militia tough. The village has an arrangement, they give him their shiptments of vaccines and get to keep 20%. Daniel's mother runs out to report that the shipment is late. They hope Father Eko will honor the previous arrangement. Eko: I am not afraid of you. He turns to leave. The tough pulls out a pistol and shoots a random village woman. He tells Eko he will be back on Friday.

Eko at the stream when Smokey appears. Smokey disappears when Locke's group shows up on the other side of the stream.

Juliet brings Jack some lunch. It's a cheeseburger. How did The Others get a cheeseburger? Juliet explains that she killed the cow, baked the bun and the fries? Do you know what it's like to render animal fat? Benry enters, he'd like to talk to Jack . . . alone. Jack is fine with Juliet staying. Benry is not. Juliet leaves. Benry tells Jack that they had a wonderful plan to break him, to wear him down until he trusted them. He points out that Juliet bear a remarkable resemblance to Jack's ex-wife (kinda, sorta, but not that much to me). Ben: All of it got shot to sunshine when you saw my x-rays. You know, and I'm reserving the right to change my opinion, but I think Benry just might be telling the truth here. Either that or this confession is all part of the wonderful plan. Jack: You want me to save your life? Ben: No, I want you to want to save my life. (That's definitely the truth.) C'mon now, admit it, you're all humming Cheap Trick. They are past the execution of the wonderful plan now so all Benry can ask is that Jack think about it. Ben: Do you believe in God, Jack? Jack: Do you? Ben: Two days after I found out I had a tumor on my spine a spinal surgeon fell out of the sky and if that's not proof of God, I don't know what is. That's mightly self-important of you, isn't it Ben? I'd tell you not to mistake fate for coincidence but the show comes down on the side of fate, so, maybe not.

Locke's group plus Eko making for The Pearl. Locke asks Eko if he's looking for Yemi. EKo holds a knife to Locke's throat: Do not speak my borhter's name again. Locke: What are you so afraid of, Eko?

Flashback: Eko discussing the vaccine shipments with Daniel's mother. Before Father Yemi's arrangement, they got nothing. Daniel's mother tells Eko that he's a good man. He reminds her of Yemi. Eko, no longer in his priest robes, meets with someone about selling the vaccines but it has to be done quickly because he'll be out of the country by Sunday.

Locke talks about Smokey with Eko. Locke saw a very bright light, it was beautiful. Eko: That is not what I saw. Inside the plane - Yemi's body is not there.

Logical inconsistency problem here, Eko faced down Smokey in season 2. Now he's afraid of it. What changed? The hatch exploding? Perhaps Smokey views the hatch exploding as a failure on Eko's part. He didn't push the button.

Eko is not going down the hatch with Locke's group. He will wait up top. Locke had forgotten to do it before but now he give Eko back the cross.

Flashback: The militia shows up. The leader heard about Eko attempting to sell the vaccine. Eko is lucky though because he doesn't like killing priests so he's just going to cut off Eko's hands. Eko: You do not know who I am. But we do, so, I'd be a bit wary if I were you Mr. Militia Man. Eko fights back and kills the leader plus his two henchmen with a machete. Luckily it's network television so we don't get too many gory details. Eko walks out of the church covered in blood still holding the machete. The villagers are horrified.

Inside The Pearl, Blonde Chick - I looked it up - Nikki watches the orientation tape. She wants to know what the other TVs are for. Maybe they are connedted to the other hatches. Locke suddenly feels very stupid. Good for you Nikki, way to contribute previously unknown plane crash survivor. We hear a flushing sound. Paulo comes out and reports that the toilet still works. Sayid messes with the TVs and we see another station. They see computers - success! Paulo's ready to leave after that. As they watch the monitor a man with an eyepatch appears. It startles me as well as the group at The Pearl. Man with Eyepatch looks directly into the camera then places his hand over the lens, static. Locke: I guess he'll be expecting us.

Juliet brings in a movie for Jack. He doesn't want to watch it. It's a good one, To Kill a Mockingbird. Jack protest. She says she'll turn the sound down. She starts the tape. Juliet then starts talking to Jack about Ben, he's a great man. On the TV, she's pulling a Bob Dylan.

Juliet speaking: I told you before you can trust me. I want you to trust me now that doing the surgery is absolutely the right thing to do.

Juliet on the TV holding signs:

Ignore everything I'm saying.
    Ben is a liar
    And he is very dangerous.
    Some of us want a change
    But it has to look like an accident.
    It has to look like we tried to save him.
    And that is up to you, Jack.
    It's a complicated surgery. No one would ever know.
    And I would protect you.
    Now tell me to turn the movie off.

Jack: Turn the movie off. She does and leaves, taking the tape with her. Juliet: Think about what I said, please. Now that's a great use of irony.

Flashback: Eko is leaving for London. Daniel asks him if he's a bad man. Eko: Only God knows. The villagers are boarding up the church. Daniel's mother tells him that the church is no longer sacred. She also tells Eko that he owes Yemi one church. Ah, now we know why he was building one before.

Eko sees an angry Yemi and follows him. Yemi leads him to a field filled with red flowering plants. Yemi: Are you ready, Eko? Eko: Yes, I am ready. eko holds out the cross. Eko: I ask for no forgiveness, Father. He explains that he killed a man to save his brother's life. Eko: I did not ask for the life I was given but it was given nonetheless and with it, I did my best. Yemi: You speak to me as if I were your brother. Eko follows him again asking, "Who are you?" Smokey shows up, grabs Eko, and starts banging him against the trees.

The Pearl group hears Smokey and heads out to find the badly beaten Eko on the ground. Locke hold Eko. Eko whispers something to Locke then dies.

Shot of Eko and Yemi as boys walking arm in arm.

Locke closes Eko's eyes. Sayid: What did he say, John? Locke: He said, "We're next."

Duuuunnnn LOST.

Two more quick comments before I go make lunch for the boys.

They killed Eko! I'm very sad. My husband said the actor only wanted to do one season. Darn.

What was the point of the Tailies in the end? They all died except for Bernard. I'm kinda kidding. They added a lot to the story. But they are all dead now. Except for the ones who were taken, perhaps.

One more, didn't the 'We're not killers' Others string up Charlie?