Charlotte, Daniel, Sun, and Jin reach the medical station. Daniel asks Charlotte to let him go first, to make sure everything is safe. Jin asks Sun in Korean if she thinks Charlotte knows Daniel likes her. Sun: She's a woman. She knows. Charlotte gives a little smile. Jin suspects she understood. Inside the station, Jin, in Korean, promises to get Sun and their baby off the island. Charlotte still gives hints with her body language that she understands them.

Miles offers to carry the baby. Sawyer warns him off again. They hear noises. It's Frank. He tells them Keamy is right behind him. They need to hide. NOW! They do. Keamy appears with his team. One of them is beat up. Smokey, you are losing your touch. How could you kill Mr. Eko and leave these guys alive, huh? Aaron makes a noise. Keamy looks around but maybe it's just the birds. Frank manages to get them to move on.

Juliet asks Kate to hold the mirror. Kate agrees. Jack comes out. He insists he doesn't need stretcher to go 50 feet. He starts the "if something happens to me" speech. Kate shuts him up.

Flash Forward: Jack leaves Santa Rosa Hospital. He goes home and wakes Kate. He wants to know if she really thinks he's good with Aaron. Kate reassures him. Jack: Will you marry me? Kate says yes.

The team gets back from the medical station. Juliet meets them and takes off with Daniel and Sun. It's nighttime now. Jin talks to Charlotte in Korean. He tells her he knows she speaks Korean. She evades a little longer but Jin uses appropriate threats to get her to admit it. Charlotte (in Korean): What do you want? He wants Sun off the island. Charlotte agrees to get her on the helicopter.

Surgery. Bernard and Kate assist. Bernard says they found some chloroform, they could knock Jack out. Jack refuses. They numb the incision area with lidocaine. Jack can't handle it after all. He has trouble lying still Juliet orders Bernard to knock him out. Then she orders Kate out of the tent. Juliet is right of course.

Flash Forward: Jack at the hospital looking at films. Some poor 36 year old male, Ryan Laker, has osteoblastoma in the posterior area of the lumbar. A smoke alarm keeps beeping. It bothers Jack. He goes out to fix it. Christian calls to him. He's sitting in the lobby. Another doctor shows up on her way out. Jack is startled. She asks if he's OK. Jack asks her for a favor, will she write him a prescription for clonazepam. He needs help sleeping. She does and also advises him to talk to someone. Jack: I'll do that.

Jack goes home and overhears Kate on the phone. She gets off as soon as she sees Jack. He asks who was on the phone. Kate tells him Noreen, one of the moms from the park. Jack hasn't heard Kate mention Noreen before. Kate goes upstairs. Jack takes a clonazepam with beer. That's not really a good idea, Jack.

Sawyer's group sleeps by a fire. Claire wakes up to find Christian holding Aaron. You know, his body was missing from the coffin. Freaky!

Bernard tells Kate that the surgery went well. He tells Kate she can go see him. Jack still out. Juliet is still in there with him, monitoring her patient. The surgery went fine. Juliet apologizes for yelling at Kate. Kate understands. Juliet tells Kate that Jack kissed her and it was nice. Juliet: I'm pretty sure he was trying to prove something. Kate: Prove what? Juliet: That he doesn't love someone else. Kate: Thank you, Juliet. Thank you for saving his life. She leaves. Juliet (to Jack): I know you're awake.

Flash Forward: Kate comes home and is surprised to find Jack home early. He wants to know why the babysitter was still there when he got home. Jack's been drinking. Kate: What's going on, Jack? Why are you home so early? Jack tells her that he went to see Hurley. Jack: Where were you today? Kate: I'm going to ask you to trust me. Trust me, leave it be. Jack can't. He wants to know who was on the phone. My bet is Cassidy. Jack persists. Kate: I was doing something for him. Jack: For who? Kate: For Sawyer. I made him a promise. Jack can't believe it. It has nothing to do with them. Then why can't she tell him? Because Sawyer wouldn't want her to. Jack: But he's not here, is he? No, no, he made his choice. He chose to stay. Kate tells Jack that he needs to work out his problems because she can't have him like this around her son. Jack: Your son! You're not even related to him. And Aaron walks in. Kate goes to comfort him.

Sawyer wakes up. Miles is already awake. Where's Claire? She left. Miles saw her walk off into the jungle in the middle of the night. Alone? Miles: She wasn't alone. Sawyer: Well who was she with? Miles: She called him Dad. I'd a followed them but I have a restraining order. Amazingly, Sawyer does not beat him to a pulp. Part of the reason is they hear Aaron crying. Sawyer finds the baby but not Claire.