Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

Something Nice Back Home (cont.)

Charlotte, Daniel, Sun, and Jin reach the medical station. Daniel asks Charlotte to let him go first, to make sure everything is safe. Jin asks Sun in Korean if she thinks Charlotte knows Daniel likes her. Sun: She's a woman. She knows. Charlotte gives a little smile. Jin suspects she understood. Inside the station, Jin, in Korean, promises to get Sun and their baby off the island. Charlotte still gives hints with her body language that she understands them.

Miles offers to carry the baby. Sawyer warns him off again. They hear noises. It's Frank. He tells them Keamy is right behind him. They need to hide. NOW! They do. Keamy appears with his team. One of them is beat up. Smokey, you are losing your touch. How could you kill Mr. Eko and leave these guys alive, huh? Aaron makes a noise. Keamy looks around but maybe it's just the birds. Frank manages to get them to move on.

Juliet asks Kate to hold the mirror. Kate agrees. Jack comes out. He insists he doesn't need stretcher to go 50 feet. He starts the "if something happens to me" speech. Kate shuts him up.

Flash Forward: Jack leaves Santa Rosa Hospital. He goes home and wakes Kate. He wants to know if she really thinks he's good with Aaron. Kate reassures him. Jack: Will you marry me? Kate says yes.

The team gets back from the medical station. Juliet meets them and takes off with Daniel and Sun. It's nighttime now. Jin talks to Charlotte in Korean. He tells her he knows she speaks Korean. She evades a little longer but Jin uses appropriate threats to get her to admit it. Charlotte (in Korean): What do you want? He wants Sun off the island. Charlotte agrees to get her on the helicopter.

Surgery. Bernard and Kate assist. Bernard says they found some chloroform, they could knock Jack out. Jack refuses. They numb the incision area with lidocaine. Jack can't handle it after all. He has trouble lying still Juliet orders Bernard to knock him out. Then she orders Kate out of the tent. Juliet is right of course.

Flash Forward: Jack at the hospital looking at films. Some poor 36 year old male, Ryan Laker, has osteoblastoma in the posterior area of the lumbar. A smoke alarm keeps beeping. It bothers Jack. He goes out to fix it. Christian calls to him. He's sitting in the lobby. Another doctor shows up on her way out. Jack is startled. She asks if he's OK. Jack asks her for a favor, will she write him a prescription for clonazepam. He needs help sleeping. She does and also advises him to talk to someone. Jack: I'll do that.

Jack goes home and overhears Kate on the phone. She gets off as soon as she sees Jack. He asks who was on the phone. Kate tells him Noreen, one of the moms from the park. Jack hasn't heard Kate mention Noreen before. Kate goes upstairs. Jack takes a clonazepam with beer. That's not really a good idea, Jack.

Sawyer's group sleeps by a fire. Claire wakes up to find Christian holding Aaron. You know, his body was missing from the coffin. Freaky!

Bernard tells Kate that the surgery went well. He tells Kate she can go see him. Jack still out. Juliet is still in there with him, monitoring her patient. The surgery went fine. Juliet apologizes for yelling at Kate. Kate understands. Juliet tells Kate that Jack kissed her and it was nice. Juliet: I'm pretty sure he was trying to prove something. Kate: Prove what? Juliet: That he doesn't love someone else. Kate: Thank you, Juliet. Thank you for saving his life. She leaves. Juliet (to Jack): I know you're awake.

Flash Forward: Kate comes home and is surprised to find Jack home early. He wants to know why the babysitter was still there when he got home. Jack's been drinking. Kate: What's going on, Jack? Why are you home so early? Jack tells her that he went to see Hurley. Jack: Where were you today? Kate: I'm going to ask you to trust me. Trust me, leave it be. Jack can't. He wants to know who was on the phone. My bet is Cassidy. Jack persists. Kate: I was doing something for him. Jack: For who? Kate: For Sawyer. I made him a promise. Jack can't believe it. It has nothing to do with them. Then why can't she tell him? Because Sawyer wouldn't want her to. Jack: But he's not here, is he? No, no, he made his choice. He chose to stay. Kate tells Jack that he needs to work out his problems because she can't have him like this around her son. Jack: Your son! You're not even related to him. And Aaron walks in. Kate goes to comfort him.

Sawyer wakes up. Miles is already awake. Where's Claire? She left. Miles saw her walk off into the jungle in the middle of the night. Alone? Miles: She wasn't alone. Sawyer: Well who was she with? Miles: She called him Dad. I'd a followed them but I have a restraining order. Amazingly, Sawyer does not beat him to a pulp. Part of the reason is they hear Aaron crying. Sawyer finds the baby but not Claire.

Cabin Fever

Flashback: A teenaged girl listens to Buddy Holly - Emily. She's going out. Her mother doesn't like it - he's twice her age. But she loves him! She runs out and gets hit by a car. In the hospital she tells the nurses that she's pregnant. The baby comes early. As they take him away, Emily yells out, name him John! OK, so let's say Emily is 16. That makes Anthony or whatever he called himself then around 30. Kevin Tighe is 8 years older than Terry O'Quinn. That would also make the character nearly 80. I'm not buying it. Writers, all you had to do was say, he's too old for you. Putting in the twice your age statement makes me do the math and it doesn't compute. However, I forgive you your rare misstep.

It's nighttime where Locke, Hurley, and Ben walk through the jungle. Hurley asks questions. Hurley wants to know about the cabin and how much longer till they get there. Ben has been following Hurley - he was the last one to see the cabin. Hurley wants to know what will happen when the freighter guys come. Locke doesn't know, yet.

Sayid wakes Desmond up. The helicopter is back. It's night on the boat too. They bring back their injured comrade. The doctor, still alive, looks at him. He asks how it happened. Black pillar of smoke - nobody seems phased by that answer. Keamy is mad. He asks Sayid to tell him exactly how many people are on the island and where they are. Sayid: And why would I do that? Keamy accuses the captain of giving him up to Ben. The captain says not me and takes Keamy to see Michael. Keamy beats Michael a bit then pulls his gun. Michael admits to telling Ben about him. The captain says they need Michael to fix the engines. Keamy pulls the trigger anyway. The gun jams. You know, it just occured to me that the island wouldn't let Jack kill himself either when he was on that bridge. And Ben can't kill Charles. I wonder if Charles can kill Ben? I'm guessing no.

Locke wakes up and hears someone chopping wood. He investigates. It's Horace Goodspeed. He's building a cabin, a little getaway for him and the missus. Horace: I'm not making any sense, am I? That's probably because I've been dead for 12 years. He keeps cutting down trees. His nose starts bleeding. Horace: You gotta find me, John. You gotta find me. And when you do, you'll find him. Locke: Who? Horace: Jacob. He's been waiting for you a real long time. I'm Horace. God speed, John.

Locke wakes Hurley up. Locke knows where they are going now. Ben: I used to have dreams.

Flashback: Locke is the youngest preemie to ever survive in this hospital. He's a fighter. Today is the day they are going to take him out of the incubator. Emily and her mother are there. Emily runs out - she can't do this. Mrs. Locke: So, who do I talk to about adoption? There's a man standing at the nursery window. Nurse: Is that the father. Mrs. Locke: I don't know who that is. But we do. It's Richard. He smiles.

Hurley wants to know why he's with Locke and Ben. Locke: You're here because you can see the cabin and that makes you special. Hurley's theory is that they can see it because they're the craziest. Locke has taken Hurley to see the mass Dharma Initiative grave. Why did that shark have a Dharma Initiative stamp on it? Do sharks live for 12 years? Was it stamped before Ben wiped them all out? Hurley sees the grave. Hurley: Whoa, what happened to them? Locke (nodding at Ben): He did.

Flashback: Locke as a little boy plays backgammon. His foster mother brings Richard in to see him. He runs a school for kids who are extremely special. He sees a picture of what looks like Smokey attacking someone. He asks if John drew it. Yes. Richard takes out some objects - a baseball glove, a compass, a vial of powder (the same stuff poured on the ground around the cabin?), an old book Book of Laws, a knife, and a comic book. Richard: Tell me, John, which of these things belong to you. Locke takes the vial of powder and the compass. He takes a long look at the book then picks up the knife. The doesn't belong to him. Foster mom comes back in. Richard says he's not ready for their school. If it weren't for the '70s do when Ben first meets Richard, I'd think the guy was a vampire. Well, that and the fact that we don't see him drinking blood. But still.

Hurley asks if this is where Ben left Locke for dead. Yes. Ben says that he wasn't thinking clearly. Hurley: Is that why you killed all these people too? Ben: I didn't kill them. It wasn't his decision. Oh boy. Is Ben really that delusional? Hurley: Whose was it? Ben: Their leader's. Hurley: But I thought you were their leader. Ben: Not always. Locke finds a skeleton wearing a jumpsuit that says Horace/Mathematician. In the pocket he finds a map. Locke: The cabin - he was building it. Hurley: Did you find what you were looking for? Locke: Yes, Hugo, I believe I did.

OK, I'm off to a theater event tonight. I'll finish this episode up either late tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll be honest, I've gone ahead and watched a couple of episodes of Season 5. I'll certainly be able to watch all of them before February 2nd. Whether or not I will have time to recap them all remains to be seen. I've been too successful with my playwriting lately. I've got productions for the next 3 weekends and another one in February. I'll try.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

OK, I'm off to a theater event tonight. I'll finish this episode up either late tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll be honest, I've gone ahead and watched a couple of episodes of Season 5. I'll certainly be able to watch all of them before February 2nd. Whether or not I will have time to recap them all remains to be seen. I've been too successful with my playwriting lately. I've got productions for the next 3 weekends and another one in February. I'll try.
    Break a leg! Well, not really, but I know the play will be well received. I/we certainly enjoyed it!

If you can't finish all the recaps, we've certainly enjoyed reading them, and remembering all the episodes!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Cabin Fever (cont.)

Frank tells the captain that Mayhew just died. Keamy tells him to go gas up the chopper. Captain tells Keamy that the crew have been exhibiting very strange behavior. He thinks Keamy might be suffering from the same thing. Keamy takes the captain's key. He opens the safe to find the secondary protocol. The secondary protocol tells Keamy where Ben will go. Keamy: If Linus knows we're gonna torch the island, there's only one place that he can go. The captain isn't happy about the 'torching the island' plan. Keamy tells him to fix his gun.

The captain sends Omar to the armory. Omar was supposed to be watching Desmond and Sayid. The captain says he'll take over. As Omar walks off, his sat phone beeps with a Morse code message. The captain tells Sayid and Desmond to hide. Sayid asks for the Zodiac boat instead. Sayid: The only way to save our lives is to get our people off that island. Captain: Meet me behind the container in 10 minutes. The boat will be in the water.

Locke looks at the blue prints that were in Horace's pocket. Locke gives Hurley the option to go back to the beach. Hurley decides to stay. Ben gives Locke a look. Locke: What? Ben: He actually thinks staying was his idea. Not bad, John, not bad at all. Locke: I'm not you. Ben: You're certainly not.

Flashback: Locke was a nerd in high school who got shoved into lockers. He's not going to some science camp sponsored by Mittelos Laboratories. Locke: Don't you understand that things like science camp are the reason why I get stuffed into lockers? Locke says he's not a scientist. Teacher: You might not want to be that guy in the lab . . . but's that's who you are, John. You can't be the prom king, you can't be the quarterback, you can't be a superhero. Locke: Don't tell me what I can't do.

On the boat, Frank helps Michael. Frank wonders why Michael didn't tell him he was a survivor of 815. Michael: I didn't know if I could trust you. Your boss put that plane there. Frank: Man, I thought I was Mr. Conspiracy but you've got me beat there. Michael tells Frank not to fly Keamy back to the island. Frank: You let me worry about Keamy. Michael: You can't fly him back. He's going to kill everyone on that island, everyone. You don't want that on your conscience, man. Trust me. Michael and Frank see Keamy with Omar getting wired up with something.

Sayid and Desmond meet with the captain. He gives them supplies and the bearing, 305. Desmond can't go. He vows never to set foot on it again, not with Penny coming for him. Sayid goes alone.

Locke, Ben, and Hurley search for the cabin. Locke was told the cabin would be here. Ben: I was told a lot of things too, that I was chosen, that I was special. I end up with a tumor on my spine and my daughter's blood on my hands. Locke: I'm sorry those things happened to you, Ben. Ben: Those things had to happen to me. That was my destiny. But you'll understand soon enough that there are consequences to being chosen because destiny, John, is a fickle I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.. Hurley: Guys? Cabin. Yep, they've found it.

Flashback: Locke doing physical therapy. Matthew shows up as the orderly. he tells Locke not to give up. He also tells Locke that surviving and 8-story fall was a miracle. Matthew: Do you believe in miracles. Locke: Nope, I don't believe in miracles. Matthew: You should. I had one happen to me. He pushes Locke to the top of some stairs. It's a tense moment but he's just stopping to push the elevator button. Matthew: you know what you need, Mr. Locke? You need to go on a walkabout. Locke explains he's a cripple. Matthew: Is that what you are, Mr. Locke? I went on my walkabout convinced I was one thing but I came back another. I found out what I was made of, who I was. Locke: And here you are, an orderly. Matthew: Oh, I'm a lot more than just an orderly, John. Matthew puts Locke on the elevator. Matthew: When you're ready, Mr. Locke (we're back to Mr. Locke now), you'll listen to what I'm saying. And then, when we run into each other again, you'll owe me one.

It's nighttime on the boat now. Keamy's team arms up. Desmond watches, from a marginally safe distance. Omar tells the doctor what the Morse code message said. Frank wonders what all the weapons are for. He tells Keamy that he's not flying the team to the island. Keamy: I'll kill you, Frank. Frank reminds him that if he does, he won't have a pilot. So, Keamy cuts the doctor's throat instead and throws him overboard. Keamy says he'll kill another one in 30 seconds. The captain shows up and threatens to kill Keamy. Keamy shows his wired up arm: I don't think you want to do that, Captain. The captain is distracted long enough to get himself shot. Darn, just when I was starting to like the captain. Keamy: What'll it be, Frank? Frank: We're flying. As the team loads up the chopper, Frank hurriedly wraps up a sat phone in a yellow bag.

Juliet finds Jack up and about. She reminds him that he has to rest. Juliet: Doctors make the worst patients. They hear the chopper. As it flies over the camp, somebody tosses out a bundle. It's the bag with the sat phone and it's beeping. Jack: I think they want us to follow them.

Ben tells Locke that he's not going into the cabin with him. Ben: The island wanted me to get sick. It wanted you to get well. My time is over, John. It's yours now. Hurley: Yeah, I'm cool with you going in alone too. Always at night with the cabin, huh? Can you see it during the day, I wonder. Locke lights a lantern and goes inside where he finds someone sitting in a chair. Locke: Are you Jacob? We can't see the guy but the voice is distinctive so the reveal happens here for me. Christian: No, but I can speak on his behalf. Locke: Well, who are you? Moving into the light, Christian: I'm Christian. Locke: You know why I'm here? Christian: Yeah, sure. Do you? Locke: I'm here because I was chosen to be. Christian: That's absolutely right. Locke hears something. Someone else is in the room. It's Claire. Claire: Hi John. Locke: What are you doing here? Claire: Don't worry, I'm fine. I'm with him. Locke asks about the baby. Christian: The baby is where he's supposed to be and that's not here. It's probably best that you don't tell anyone that you saw her. Locke: Why? Christian: We don't have time for this. The people from the boat are already on their way back. And once they get here, all of these questions won't matter one bit. So why don't you ask the one question that does matter. Locke: How do I save the island? Christian and Claire share a look, a happy one.

So, OK, raise your hand if you thought before Locke went into the cabin that Christian and Claire would be in there. Yeah, didn't think so. I'm with you, I did not see that coming at all. What about it being absolutely imperative that Claire raise the baby herself? Hmmmmm. And did Widmore really put that plane down there or did Ben or Richard or Jacob? Who is Richard, really?

Hurley takes out a candy bar. In a moment reminiscent of Annie, he offers half of it to Ben. Ben takes it. They eat in silence. It's a brilliant little bit and it makes me love Michael Emerson and Jorge Garcia that much more. Locke comes out. Ben: Did he tell you what we're supposed to do? Locke: He did. Ben: Well? Locke: He wants us to move the island.

Tonight is my opening night! I saw the other half of the festival's plays last night. Almost Made in Heaven is the last show up, that means the producers think it's funny. Always end these things with a laugher.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Why did that shark have a Dharma Initiative stamp on it? Do sharks live for 12 years? Was it stamped before Ben wiped them all out?
    Regarding the shark, the Dharma logo was supposedly an inside joke by the production staff and was not intended to be something fans would notice or think about too much. By mistake, the logo was a lot more visible than they intended and the inside joke took on its own life.

Lindlehoff and Cuse have joked that the shark even has a name -- Ezra James Sharkington. They say that the shark has time traveled from 1805, which is why it has such an old-fashioned sounding name. They are, of course, joking.

-Jason "we will miss your recaps, but it should be fun to have you with us on board if you catch up to real time by Feb 2nd" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Just letting you know that I am caught up with the watching. Do you want me to finish this recapping project even though I have no chance to complete it before Season 6 begins?

Have to brag about a couple of things. Opening scene of 'The Incident', I said to hubby, one of them must be Jacob. (By the way, if the guy in white is Jacob, then the guy in black has to be Edward. Kidding! Although there is something of the vampire about Richard.) I also said, when someone offered to pay for the lunch box in the scene with Kate as a child - that will be Jacob. Noticed that he touched everybody in the flashbacks. When Ilana shows up with the box, I said, that will be Locke's body inside. I'm not good with long term predictions but in real time, I've gotten pretty good at figuring it out, scene to scene. Jacob knew just how to get Ben to kill him, didn't he? Egyptian statue was cool and WTF!?! Who is the man in black really? Not sure, it's the light/dark imagery again. Where ya' been? I missed you!

Did the man in black inhabit Christian before Locke's dead body showed up? But we never saw Christian's body, it was missing from the coffin. Hmmm. Maybe he's Alvar Hanso. Not terribly surprised that Juliet died since she's off making Flash Forward (did that show make it?) Charlotte had to go off and be Ewan McGregor's cheating wife in The Men Who Stare at Goats. I loved that movie by the way, totally goofball and just funny as hell. That said, there were several times when hubby and I were the only ones in the theater laughing. Don't you hate it when that happens?

I've been teasing that Richard came on The Black Rock, but, given his looks, he just might turn out to be Egyptian. And after this, he's going to go live in the New York Museum of Natural History.

Juliet is the star of V, not FlashForward.

While I love your recaps, I would be fine if you simply joined all of us to enjoy season 6 in real time. I am so excited for tomorrow night!!

I cannot believe you called fake Locke and Locke's body on the fly. That was impressive! I never saw that one coming.

-Jason "great thread BD! You've done amazing work here. Now, welcome to the world of not getting your Lost fix whenever you want it!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Will each episode thread have talk of spoilers? Or discussion of the teaser for next week? If so that's fine - I just want to know either way... I need to figure out whether to read them or not. I've already cut myself off from the current final season thread once I saw whited out material - cause there's not way to avoid it once people start responding to discuss.

I thought I'd start a new Season 6 thread that was just recaps. In depth discussions of each episode should probably take place just like they always did in their own thread for the spoilers among us.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Juliet is the star of V, not FlashForward.

I cannot believe you called fake Locke and Locke's body on the fly. That was impressive! I never saw that one coming.
    Ah yes, V. Sorry about that. Charlie is on Flash Forward.

And yes, I called Locke's body on the fly. Hubby will back me up. Right before they showed up, I said, "I wonder what happened to Rose and Bernard."

Tomorrow night I have a rehearsal so I won't be watching LOST in real time. I do, however, have DVR. I won't go to bed before I've seen the beginning of the end.