Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Congrats to the Penquins!

I would have said the same thing to the Red Wings if they had won. I had no dog in this fight. 9F.

But you had me Oz!!!

City of Champions, baby!

Time for SI to update this cover, this time with Ben and Sidney.

Can you imagine the scene?

Some drunken yinzer is minding his own business in a pub, enjoying an Iron City, swearing at the ineptitude of the Pirates, and getting nowhere trolling for any ladies that might still be around, when in comes a few Penguins carrying Lord Stanley's punch bowl.

He calls a buddy, who doesn't answer, then follows with a text. The buddy replies back, "u r full of it, you alkie. call a cab and sober up." Then he picks up the morning paper and sees this:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09165/977429-100.stm

Weezie, DW, The Wings are still scary good... I have no doubt they will be healthy and re-energized for a deep Cup run next year, and maybe we'll have a rematch next spring... Pens have a long long long way to go to reach their level of success...

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Can you imagine the scene?

Some drunken yinzer is minding his own business in a pub, enjoying an Iron City, swearing at the ineptitude of the Pirates, and getting nowhere trolling for any ladies that might still be around, when in comes a few Penguins carrying Lord Stanley's punch bowl.

He calls a buddy, who doesn't answer, then follows with a text. The buddy replies back, "u r full of it, you alkie. call a cab and sober up." Then he picks up the morning paper and sees this:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09165/977429-100.stm

Weezie, DW, The Wings are still scary good... I have no doubt they will be healthy and re-energized for a deep Cup run next year, and maybe we'll have a rematch next spring... Pens have a long long long way to go to reach their level of success...
    Are you drunk? Otherwise I might be because I can't understand a damn thing you are saying. Wake up, man!!!!
    ~rthomas

The pens are entitled to any and all sorts of Cup mayhem, including parading it around, and onto, the field during the 7th inning stretch of Sunday's Tigs at pirates game. On FSN Detroit the post game wrap-up included a comment that pburgh had better stop picking on Detroit because we were going to develop a complex. I laughed out loud...first time since the loss.
    Yeah, the Red Wings had to play with Lidstrom on the ice recovering from testicular surgery after getting speared in the chi series and Datsyuk was rumored to have been playing with a cracked rib and Ericsson's appendectomy late-playoffs.
    Folks in pburgh might not like the Wings but they certainly can't accuse the Winged Wheels of being anything less than the toughest team in hockey. The Wings will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    The pens are entitled to any and all sorts of Cup mayhem, including parading it around, and onto, the field during the 7th inning stretch of Sunday's Tigs at pirates game. On FSN Detroit the post game wrap-up included a comment that pburgh had better stop picking on Detroit because we were going to develop a complex. I laughed out loud...first time since the loss.
    Yeah, the Red Wings had to play with Lidstrom on the ice recovering from testicular surgery after getting speared in the chi series and Datsyuk was rumored to have been playing with a cracked rib and Ericsson's appendectomy late-playoffs.
    Folks in pburgh might not like the Wings but they certainly can't accuse the Winged Wheels of being anything less than the toughest team in hockey. The Wings will be back.
    We definitely will be back. We will reload and come back stronger.

P.S. Christian Laettner, weezie!

Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA