Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The rivalry with State is not significant to Duke's national image. The Duke-State game has not been "must see basketball TV" for quite some time. State has not been a real player on the national scene in anything other than a one or two year mini-run in about 2 decades (since the ambidextrous Shckelford and Fire and Ice). State does not need to be good for the good of Duke.
    I thought he was amphibious?

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    I'll be surprised if Lowe is still the NC State coach a year from today.
    Seems like more than a few people here share this view. I'm curious if any of the State fans/alums on this board (or maybe others in the know) can really speak to whether El Sid is truly on the hot seat or not, and what type of season he needs to keep his job if his chair is indeed getting warmer. 4 years is not a heck of a long time to build something, but going below .500 in the conference all 3 years so far is pretty crummy.

If I were a state fan, I would be pretty pleased with something like 19-12 in the regular season and 7-9 in the conference with an NIT bid. That would demonstrate good improvement, and considering the influx of solid talent this year, would justify another year or two to see if he can continue the solid recruiting and mold those guys into a decent team. Another 16-14 year though, and I would think it'd be tough to keep him around.

State needs to show clear and substantial progress next year or Lowe is going to be on the hot-seat.

IMO.