Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl 2010

Super Bowl 2010

I'm going with da colts....i think peyton slices up the saint's D.

I love my Colts. Manning is going to throw for over 300 with 3 TD's. I look for the Colts to win 27-20. Manning MVP.

Colts - all day long.

Highest scoring Super Bowl in history-178-184...Colts win in overtime on a 45 yd TD to Clark.

with freeny as iffy, does this change anyones prediction?

i'm still going with peyton to carve up the saints D....

I think I like the Saints, at least to be within the 6 point line, but straight up maybe as well.

People are all concerned about the Saints stopping the Colts, but frankly, there seems to be little concern about the other way around. The Colts haven't faced an offense like the Saints yet. The only advantage the Colts have in my eyes is Manning against the Saints D. I think the Saints stack up better everywhere else.

There has only been one Super Bowl where both teams scored over 30 and around 10 where both scored over 20. I think this game falls in the latter category.

31-23 Saints.

Despite the strong possibility of being snowed in, I doubt I'll watch any of the Super Bowl. I'm now comfortable with the fact that I dislike pro football.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    The Colts haven't faced an offense like the Saints yet.
    I don't follow the NFC closely at all, but I don't think the Saints have faced a defense like the Colts, either. They are very fast, and I think that they will do a good job of keeping the Saints out of the endzone. The Colts offense gets all the press (and they should), but their defense is also very, very good. And, frankly, I think that people are making too much of a deal about Freeny.

The only advantage the Colts have in my eyes is Manning against the Saints D.
    Even if you're right, that's a hell of an advantage. You can't beat Indy unless you at least hold Manning in check. I don't know if the Saints will be able to keep him off balance all game long. And it will take all game, because the Colts are monsters in the 4th Quarter.

There has only been one Super Bowl where both teams scored over 30 and around 10 where both scored over 20. I think this game falls in the latter category.

31-23 Saints.
    I agree that this game will be lower scoring than some think. But I think it will be decided by less than a touchdown.

I fear that Indy will be too much to handle, but I'm rooting for Bress and the Saints. Going with my heart over my head, I say Saints by a field goal.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I don't follow the NFC closely at all, but I don't think the Saints have faced a defense like the Colts, either.
    Minnesota's. Last week. The Jets.

You are right about Peyton being a HUGE advantage. I don't disagree. But the Saints offensive weakness is pass protection (and it's not a huge weakness). It is what allowed Dallas to beat them. So losing Freeney, or him not being 100%, is a pretty big deal.

The Colts offense is clicking right now, but it put up some stinkers this year only to have Peyton (or the other team's kicker) pull them out of the fire a few times. He has a knack for turning it on when he needs to.

There are 2 completely relevant and contradicting stats heading into this game that I don't think enough people are paying attention to:

1. Madden NFL Football simulations have correctly picked the game 5 out of the last 6 years with NE/Giants being the exception. After a few thousand simulations, it picks the Saints, 35-31.

2. No team that has lost to the Buccaneers in the regular season has ever won the Super Bowl. The Saints lost to the Bucs this year.

Chew on that...

Minnesota's
    I think of Minnesota's defense as being the classic "we're bigger and stronger than you and will push you around the field" D, versus Indy's emphasis on speed and skill. But, if Indy plays the game that the Vikings did, they will easily win, since they won't be so careless with the ball.

All I know is that I'm going to start taking hostages if I hear anymore about Dwight Freeney's injury. I mean, is there anything else going on in the world besides that?? Anything?? News coverage doesn't suggest that there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke4Ever32 View Post
    All I know is that I'm going to start taking hostages if I hear anymore about Dwight Freeney's injury. I mean, is there anything else going on in the world besides that?? Anything?? News coverage doesn't suggest that there is.
    They greenlighted a second season of Jersey Shore. So we've all got that going for us...

How about Drew Brees being the most underrated "cool guy" in football? This should be a story. Did anyone see the article he wrote in either NYT or WSJ about the antitrust case in front of the Supreme Court (NFL v. American Needle, I believe)? Well written and dead on.

congrats SAINTS !!!!! BALLSEY calls from sean peyton and a 4th qtr pick from MVP ...

great game

WHO DAT

Saints win! Now I need to see the Cubs win a WS and Duke win a BCS bowl and my sports fandom is complete

31-23 Saints.
    Man. If Peyton manning had the wherewithal to get that touchdown at the end, I would have been really close.

Can we start talking about Drew Brees, please? He had 2 offers out of high school after leading Austin Westlake to a state championship -- Purdue and Kentucky.

He took Purdue to the Rose Bowl and got drafted in the second round. Played great for the Chargers until he nearly ruined his shoulder. The Chargers gave up on him for Rivers. Miami passed on him for Daunte Culpepper. He ends up in New Orleans and made history. And he's just an outstanding, outstanding person. Congrats to him and the Saints.

And with this, the age old question of:

Tom Brady or Peyton Manning?

is answered.

i don't recall peyton's team being fined heavily for cheating...

it's a lot easier when you know what the defense is going to come with...

the stain will always be on the pats "wins" till the evidence clears them...Oh, that's right the evidence GOT THEM FINED and then it was destroyed..

Man. If Peyton manning had the wherewithal to get that touchdown at the end, I would have been really close.

Can we start talking about Drew Brees, please? He had 2 offers out of high school after leading Austin Westlake to a state championship -- Purdue and Kentucky.

He took Purdue to the Rose Bowl and got drafted in the second round. Played great for the Chargers until he nearly ruined his shoulder. The Chargers gave up on him for Rivers. Miami passed on him for Daunte Culpepper. He ends up in New Orleans and made history. And he's just an outstanding, outstanding person. Congrats to him and the Saints.
    As a lifelong Dolphins fan this has hurt me more than you can ever imagine. I knew that we should've went after Brees. I loved him in San Diego. I was incredibly disappointed. Everyone in my family was satisfied with signing Daunte (btw, Daunte had the Madden cover that year).

Just made a bet with my brother: If the Dolphins make the Superbowl in the next 10 years I will buy the pair of us tickets to attend. Not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post

is answered.
    Depends on the question.

Which QB has the better "career"? Brady, sure. 3 SBs to 1. Fine.

If I had to start a team or play a single game with Brady or Manning in his prime? Manning. 10 times out of 10.

Edit: Frankly, I take Drew Brees ahead of Brady...
    Last edited by A-Tex Devil; 02-07-2010 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Prodding

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post

is answered.
    Quoted for Truth.