Is it snowing in NC?

I seem to recall that Duke has a rather good record when it snows. This would bode well for tonight. Does anyone have the stats on this?

snow

I live within five miles of campus and there's not a cloud in the sky -- sunny and very windy.

Duke's snow history is largely anecdocal, not statistical. The first Duke ACC championship in 1960 is known as the year of the big snow as Raleigh was buried for the tournament. In 1978, when Duke bounced back to win the tourney for the first time in a dozen years, it snowed in Greensboro on the first night and Bill Foster made a joke about it, saying people had said Duke wouldn't win the tournament again until it snowed in Greensboro in March. Snow seemed to follow that team -- Providence (where Duke won the East Regional) was buried by a blizzard and there was even a light dusting in St. Louis on the morning of the Notre Dame win.

There have been several instances since -- I remember a big win over Louisville in Charlotte when it snowed and a game against Virginia in Cameron, when Duke was losing until Dr. Chandler announced that it was snowing outside -- and Duke rallied to win.

It doesn't always work -- snow and ice kept the crowd at the Georgia Tech-Duke game in Marbury's one year to a minimum, but Tech won anyway.

Anyway, I don't think that applies today. There may be snow in the mountains or even along the NC/Va border, but there's not a flake in the Triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by bluepenguin View Post
    I seem to recall that Duke has a rather good record when it snows. This would bode well for tonight. Does anyone have the stats on this?
    windy and cold

rained all day yesterday
    April 1