Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Could people try to stay remotely substantive and on-topic in threads

So, during a quick lunch break I check on the latest on the Wall thread only to find an ongoing debate having something to do with when Elvin Hayes entered grade school. Other times there will be enlightening posts such as "yeah, it would be cool to get Wall."

It seems people want to extend and extend threads for that sole purpose, without adding anything substantive on topic. This becomes unmanageable for those who are actually interested in something substantive and new and can't spend untold hours wading through the rest.

I'm all for free speech on the board, but perhaps people could show a little focus and self-restraint?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    So, during a quick lunch break I check on the latest on the Wall thread only to find an ongoing debate having something to do with when Elvin Hayes entered grade school. Other times there will be enlightening posts such as "yeah, it would be cool to get Wall."

It seems people want to extend and extend threads for that sole purpose, without adding anything substantive on topic. This becomes unmanageable for those who are actually interested in something substantive and new and can't spend untold hours wading through the rest.

I'm all for free speech on the board, but perhaps people could show a little focus and self-restraint?
    You know what that reminds me of?

The Duke/Maryland game in 1981 when Tom Emma hit two clutch free throws at the end of the game to give Duke a 1 point win. Man, that was great.

So, how about those Mets?

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    So, how about those Mets?
    Forget the mutts. BRAVES.

Wanna go ride bikes?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post

Wanna go ride bikes?
    I hate bike-riding. It leaves you sore in all the wrong places.

Quote Originally Posted by gvtucker View Post

The Duke/Maryland game in 1981 when Tom Emma hit two clutch free throws at the end of the game to give Duke a 1 point win. Man, that was great.
    Boy, what a game. 1981... you know what that reminds me of? Phil Collins. I wonder what he's doing these days. Anyone ever catch him on tour? Heck, Genesis counts too. Hey, did anyone ever have a Sega Genesis? Or how about a Sega Saturn? And what does everyone think of the new Saturn commercials? I never realized how fuel-efficient those cars were, but wow!

Hey and speaking of efficiency, you guys think G is efficient enough of a player to be a lottery pick? Chad Forde doesn't think so, but he also thinks G doesn't have a killer instinct, and I seem to remember him hitting many big shots and FTs to seal big games for us this year. You know what I mean? Kind of like when Tom Emma hit those two clutch free throws in 1981 to give Duke a 1 point win over Maryland. Man, that was great.

(...good point by the OP though)

I think Coach K should not do book tours

When did Dick Vitale start posting here?

Quote Originally Posted by gvtucker View Post

BTW, who is John Wall?

I hear Olek is really tearing it up in pick up games and should be starting at small forward, and could get some time at the point.

Smile

this thread is cool

This threaed is almost ready to be merged into the LTE on the OT board!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    No way man. RED SOX all the way. They've won ELEVEN in a row!!

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    This threaed is almost ready to be merged into the LTE on the OT board!
    Nooooo!!!!!

Having said that, "it's over."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I'm just here for the peanuts.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Is John Riek eligible?

I agree.

say, why do chihauhas have such big ears???

Quote Originally Posted by Hancock 4 Duke View Post
    say, why do chihauhas have such big ears???
    Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Good one, son of Woot!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by WojoSay? View Post
    Is John Riek eligible?

Only if this girl can play guard and can get credit for assist!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images