Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Coach Collins on Twitter

Coach Collins is now Twittering (tweeting).

http://twitter.com/coach_collins

Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

What is twitter?

It's a social media site where people can share short messages ("tweets") with each other. You can "tweet" from a web browser or your phone. It's become all the rage. Shaquille O'Neal (oddly enough) is the most popular tweeter out there.

A lot of public figures in particular are using it to keep their fans up to date on what they are doing. Businesses are also using it to keep in touch with customers.

For example, Chris Collins just tweeted:

That Bulls-Celtics game was unreal last night! Have to admit, the annoucers were on it... Always enjoy to listening to Pops!

Shaq, by the way, is hilarious.

Don't forget @Mike_Krzyzewski

See that's kind of odd - I looked at wojo's and dukeblueplanet's list of who they were following to see what other Duke people were out there and none of them are following @Mike_Krzyzewski. Makes me almost wonder if that's really him.

Edit: never mind. Wojo IS following @Mike_Krzyzewski. I take back what I said.
    Last edited by DukeUsul; 04-29-2009 at 03:08 PM. Reason: duh

There are a lot of fakes on twitter so I'd be wary (even though the fakes can be very entertaining -- fake Isiah thomas, for example, is beyond hilarious, and there was a fake Shaq that was more articulate and funnier in some ways than the real one posting now).

That JJ Redick one, for example, looks a little dubious to me (not sure he would be complaining about playing time in public like that).

Quote Originally Posted by KandG View Post
    There are a lot of fakes on twitter so I'd be wary (even though the fakes can be very entertaining -- fake Isiah thomas, for example, is beyond hilarious, and there was a fake Shaq that was more articulate and funnier in some ways than the real one posting now).

That JJ Redick one, for example, looks a little dubious to me (not sure he would be complaining about playing time in public like that).
    pretty sure the coach k one is fake -- he would not call himself "leader of men"

I'm not sure about Twitter, but Olek Czyz and Ewill have a MySpace:
    http://www.myspace.com/mqpsychnicx
    http://www.myspace.com/email15

You have to be their friend to see their Profile. I am Oleks friend. Out of about 950. :O

Coach K's Twitter page isn't real. JJ's is.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    It's a social media site where people can share short messages ("tweets") with each other. You can "tweet" from a web browser or your phone. It's become all the rage. Shaquille O'Neal (oddly enough) is the most popular tweeter out there.

A lot of public figures in particular are using it to keep their fans up to date on what they are doing. Businesses are also using it to keep in touch with customers.
    Shaq indeed is hilarious, but the most popular tweeter is Ashton Kutcher. I prefer it for the purpose of getting updates from celebrities I'm interested in. In addition to Shaq and the Duke guys, I enjoy following Lance Armstrong, Al Gore, Ryan Seacrest, and John Mayer.

Do you have a link to Fake Isiah?

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Do you have a link to Fake Isiah?
    Sure, it's @Isiah_Thomas. Some of his postings are bizarre and nonsensical, but there are gems:

"probably won't believe this, but i just acquired boardwalk w/ a hotel and it went out of business"

@HowardBeckNYT howard! hi boo. how you? we should talk. i am a little upset about how you wrote about me at times. switch to the fiu beat

been called impostor a lot--w/ the cba, indy, raps, knicks. like ur mother, they can attest that the zeke effect is real

Awesome; thanks.

Yeah, I didn't like to see that on JJ's twitter either. When he asked to be traded last year, he said that he didn't mean for that to become public, so if this really is him complaining publicly about PT, it's kind of disappointing. I understand where he's coming from, but he's got to have a team-first attitude in public. How would you feel if you're one of his teammates reading this?

"Rough game... Cant say much though when Im reduced to cheerleading..."
    "Rough loss, got some PT though so it wasn't that bad..."

Quote Originally Posted by zingit View Post
    Yeah, I didn't like to see that on JJ's twitter either. When he asked to be traded last year, he said that he didn't mean for that to become public, so if this really is him complaining publicly about PT, it's kind of disappointing. I understand where he's coming from, but he's got to have a team-first attitude in public. How would you feel if you're one of his teammates reading this?
    Has it been verified that this is JJ's actual account, and if so, how? Fake celebrity twitter accounts have been a significant issue since twitter has become insanely popular -- I remember reading that some people were avoiding twitter because they couldn't clamp down on all the impostors.

When athletes' accounts have been verified, it has usually been a beat reporter that has approached the athlete directly. Even friends of the athlete in question sometimes get fooled.

Like I said, I have a hard time JJ would post something like "Rough loss, but at least I got some PT"...the reasons he is in Stan Van Gundy's rotation have a lot to do with how hard he works and his team first attitude. If I had to guess, it is a fan of his that has set up the twitter account, but I'm speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by Summie444 View Post
    Shaq indeed is hilarious, but the most popular tweeter is Ashton Kutcher. I prefer it for the purpose of getting updates from celebrities I'm interested in. In addition to Shaq and the Duke guys, I enjoy following Lance Armstrong, Al Gore, Ryan Seacrest, and John Mayer.
    Yeah, Ashton is now in the lead because of that competition he just had with CNN. Shaq was number one about 4-6 weeks ago, last I had checked.