In other lacrosse news . . .

I note, with great pleasure, the following from ESPN regarding the performance of Brown’s Reade Seligmann and Loyola’s Colin Finnerty in key lacrosse games last weekend:

"The Bears upset Cornell 11-9 on Saturday and now have to be considered in all NCAA bracketology discussions . . Reade Seligmann scored a critical goal with 4:48 to go"

"The Greyhounds dusted Hobart 16-7 on Saturday behind Colin Finnerty's four goals"

That's great! Thanks for sharing. Brown beating Cornell was huge. Cornell beat Duke earlier in the year.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Thumbs up Are we a probable #1 seed if we beat St. John's?

Today,Kessenich has us 5th in his poll (we are 3rd in the Nike/IL poll and 3rd in the coaches' USILLA poll) and has Crotty as Tewaraaton winner right now.
    Declares Duke most improved team since March 1. More analysis.
    http://blogs.insidelacrosse.com/2009...ings-april-27/

Could this be the year...even w/o the big two?

Best--Blueprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by blueprofessor View Post
    Today,Kessenich has us 5th in his poll (we are 3rd in the Nike/IL poll and 3rd in the coaches' USILLA poll) and has Crotty as Tewaraaton winner right now.
    Declares Duke most improved team since March 1. More analysis.
    http://blogs.insidelacrosse.com/2009...ings-april-27/

Could this be the year...even w/o the big two?

Best--Blueprofessor
    I think it could be just because the pressure of winning is off. The impacts of the scandal are slowly declining, and now that Danowski and Greer gone, the team can slip in under the radar. It depends on our draw in the tournament though. I do not want to play Hopkins; I'm convinced we're cursed.

The Lax Power Forum Poll for 27 April (http://network.laxpower.com/laxforum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36433) now rates Duke as #2, immediately behind Syracuse (Inside Lacrosse rates Duke as #3, trailing Syracuse and Notre Dame). Presuming we defeat Saint John's this Saturday in a one-sided victory -- and I do NOT take any Division I lacrosse game lightly -- we may well be the top seed in either the NCAA's Hofstra or Naval Academy regional. In my opinion, key questions the NCAA Selection Committee must resolve now include:
    1) For Syracuse, will they defeat Colgate this weekend and how serious are their UVa (one goal) and Princeton (four goal) losses?
    2) For Notre Dame, how much does their undefeated status mean with only a single "top team" win against UNC?
    3) For Duke, are our early-season losses to Harvard and Maryland still relevant?
    4) For Princeton, will they defeat Brown this weekend (Brown having defeated Cornell last weekend) and is the Tiger's April loss to Cornell significant?
    5) For Virginia, can a team that has twice -- and recently -- been soundly beaten by Duke be seeded in the ahead of Duke, or even in the top four?
    6) Finally for Cornell, do four and five goal losses to UVa, Syracuse, and (last weekend) to Brown indicate that the Big Red is very good, but not quite top-tier (also noting that the Bears have defeated Duke and Princeton -- both clearly first-rank teams -- this season)?
    Last edited by 4decadedukie; 04-28-2009 at 03:19 PM.

Thumbs up Today, Inside Lacrosse bracketology has Duke as the top seed...

...with a good road to the FF.
    UVA is seeded 2nd.
    All 4 ACC teams are projected to be in the tourney. More commentary.
    http://blogs.insidelacrosse.com/2009...ology-part-iv/

Let them win it this year for justice's sake!

Best regards---Blueprofessor