Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

One Last Push as Race Day Approaches

I know many of you are rolling your eyes. I have to say that DBR posters are extremely supportive. But, since I'm not going to make my fundraising goal, I'm pulling out all the stops in an effort to at least get to last year's total ($13,600). Here's a local interest story filmed by NECN (New England Cable News) yesterday. That's me and my son in the story along with Dr. Weinstein. Think about it.

http://www.necn.com/Boston/New-Engla...239933642.html

And my fundraising website: http://www.firstgiving.com/lisaburdick

C'mon, join the 'Just 21 Club'. All I need is 650 or so more people to donate $21 and I'll meet my goal!

And if you want to follow me on Monday, bib number 25715. Go to the Boston Marathon site http://www.bostonmarathon.org/. Click on the Boston Marathon button, go to entrants and enter my bib number, it will post my progress. If you don't see a finishing time it means I've gone over 6 hours but do not worry, I will finish.

I'm in! Who's next?

Great story on NECN! Your son is adorable, and you are an inspiration. I've done Boston several times (with the Dana Farber team), but this year I will be a spectator. (I'll be at 15.5, in Wellesley before Lower Falls. I will look out for you, now that I know what you look like from the video.)

Good luck on Monday!! (Supposed to be good weather - high 40s - let's hope for a tailwind!).

Thank you Triple S. I'll be the one in the Carolina Blue (the horror!) MGH jersey with the Duke Blue paper squares safety pinned to my back. (Those squares have been signed by Kenny Dennard, Gene Banks, and Tommy Amaker! I wrote to them and told them I needed some Duke Blue mojo.) Also, don't leave too early or you will miss me! I'm hoping to hit Mile 16 at the 3 hour mark but I won't be any earlier than that I'm afraid.

I'm in. Good luck/happy running on Monday. Sending vibes for pain free joints and 5.5 hours or less!

In as well.

Go, BD, GO!

Bostondevil is Bib # 25715

For those of you who want to follow along.

http://www.bostonmarathon.org/

Go to entrants, type in my bib number, and keep your fingers crossed. Whatever happens, I promise to enjoy myself.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Best of luck, it's amazing you've already done it once. The reason you are doing it is less amazing, but more admirable. GO BD!!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Run, Bostondevil, run! Good luck today!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Good luck today, Bostondevil! May the wind be always at your back!

First Time Check Posted

BD has passed the 5k mark in 35:27!

Sending vibes for painfree joints and wind at your back, BD!

Second Time Check Posted

BD has passed the 10k mark in 1:12:10. Her pace has slowed a bit but is still on track to be under her 6hr goal.

Go, BD, Go!

Whoo Hoo - still moving along

BD has passed the 15k checkpoint in 1:53:27 still on pace for her 6 hour goal.

Go, BD, Go!

Approaching Halfway!

BD has passed the 20k mark - 2:33:56. Still on pace for under 6 hours.

Go, BD, Go!

BD is my hero, and that ain't Dr. Weinstein, it's my man, "Dinky." And, let me tell you, if my man Dinky can grow to become this guy in the video piece, anything is possible, including beating back this scurge. You go girl!

BD has passed the 25k mark - 3:18:42. Still on pace for her 6 hour goal.

Go, BD, Go! You're amazing!

30K Mark has been passed

BD has passed the 30k mark - 4:10:04.

Sending vibes for the final 12k - especially the hills between Newton and Brookline if I read the course maps correctly. Go, BD, GO!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    BD has passed the 30k mark - 4:10:04.

Sending vibes for the final 12k - especially the hills between Newton and Brookline if I read the course maps correctly. Go, BD, GO!
    Go, BD, Go! You run girl!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

No time check at 35k but she has now passed the 40k check - 5:45:20.

Projected finish time is 6:04 - a great accomplishment. Vibes to BD for a final kick to get in under 6hrs.

Go, BD, Go!

Thumbs up Congratulations, BostonDevil!

Congratulations, BD on completing the Boston Marathon in 6:02:41.

What a great accomplishment. I hope your knees aren't troubling you too much and that your husband has scheduled a massage for you.

Good Job!

There aren't enough smilies for this. I wish we had dancing smilies for you.

Woot woot! Way to go, BD!!!