Exclamation HELLO WBB -- email for Abby??

Hello, wonderful women's BB team. Hopefully you read this site. Abby, you can be captain and coach. You guys are fantastic. As intelligent, gifted women, I want to know who YOU would like to see as head coach.

The Blue Devil nation of fans can evoke sizable influence on your behalf, so...let us know your thoughts!!

If anyone has an email address for Abby Waner, I'd appreciate it. And Abby, if you're listening, my email is dukemom@hotmail.com

Fans of all Duke sports have to unite. Now is the time. Between losing Coach G, the lax debacle, the steroid scandal, JA's DUI-- and blaming his son no less, etc. etc. ENOUGH!!!!

If Brodhead's head (pun intended) is needed to roll...well, I bet the Iron Dukes and other major contributors can make that happen. Even if Coach K loves Joe Alleva, ....well, there might be enough withheld support to get JA to go away anyway.

I know I'm speaking like a baby-boomer (and proud of it), but as I said. Enough is enough.

BUT most importantly -- I want to know who the WBB TEAM wants as Head Coach -- so I (and many others) can concentrate on making that a reality.

Love to all. GO DUKE!!

You GO girl!!!!

Duke moms and faculty wives banded together could be awesome!
    Love, Ima

If Ima is there, I want in too...

Hi,

I am neither a mom nor a facultywife, but I do love Duke very much. Does that count?

GO DUKE!

Exclamation Women United!!!

Yeah, we can make a huge difference, with our voices, with our dollars, with our sassy commitment, with our internet savvy. Let's make a difference. GO DUKE!!!! Love to all, Jeanne

count us on board as well

We've been attending Duke WBB games since the early 90's, and loved each and every team and player. If we can get word from Abby W and the team what their coach preference list is, we're with you in exerting all the pressure we can on the Trustees, President, right on down the line. It is about the team (and loyal fans), about those great kids who come to Duke to play and become young, proud adults.
    By the way, "l" in our "b&l" is a U of Texas grad, and despite that not only a Duke BB fan first, but also mad as hell at Coach G for what she did.
    p.s. maybe Georgia Schweizer (jersey should be hanging in Cameron) has access to the team, since she seems to still be on campus and probably has an email address for contact?

I am a big Duke basketball fan, but if you think the athletics department runs Duke, you've got another thing coming. The Iron Dukes are important to the University, and some of them presumably give a lot of money, but the Board of Trustees is far more important, is much more directly tied to Brodhead, and has much more power/influence/money. Members of that Board talk turkey with the president, and I don't think they want a president who jumps onto thin ice when there is a crisis.

Question

Hello all.

There's nothing to keep us from bombarding the Board of Trustees also. I tend to agree that Brodhead is not very supportive of sports in general, BUT we need to let him know how important all our teams are. There are very few Universities that can survive in the upper echelon without sports (MIT, U of Chicago, Cal Tech, to name a few). DUKE is not that type of school (thank God).

Again, WBB team -- anyone -- join our quest. WHO DO YOU WANT??? Help us make that happen.

Smile

I have contact with some of the players...and they are doing great!

They all have moved on and are looking to a "fresh" new beginning...void of any excess baggage and meltdowns the past two seasons.
    They now know they have a new coach and are embracing this fresh, new beginning in Duke women's basketball.