2010 Tournament prediction seeds

For those interested, Joe Lunardi (ESPN) has us as a 1 seed in the East (Syracuse) and our friends down the road as a 3 seed in the West (Salt Lake City)

Though this is very good information, and btw Thanks for sharing, but it us a little early to be talking about next years tourney. Also, who new NC state would be a 3 seed?

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    For those interested, Joe Lunardi (ESPN) has us as a 1 seed in the East (Syracuse) and our friends down the road as a 3 seed in the West (Salt Lake City)
    I guess you have to give Joe Lunardi some credit for making a career out of this "bracketology" stuff. Hey, when someone says "bracketology", you think Lunardi.

I think I'll refrain from off-season speculation of this sort, or at least until recruiting and NBA defections are complete.

I will say this. If we are fortunate enough to play in Syracuse next year it'll feel a year too late with Greg graduating. That would have been neat if he could have guided a trip to his home town in March.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    I will say this. If we are fortunate enough to play in Syracuse next year it'll feel a year too late with Greg graduating. That would have been neat if he could have guided a trip to his home town in March.
    Hmmm, I wonder. Greg would have watched from the bench, just like he did in his last visit to NYC (St. John's game). Given his career arc, it is possible he would have felt a bit embarrassed spectating in front of his friends and family. (Of course, Greg was nothing but pure class about the situation, so maybe he would have enjoyed an opportunity to go home.)

Also, I suspect UNC could be a 1 or 2 seed next year.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimSlowSlider View Post
    Hmmm, I wonder. Greg would have watched from the bench, just like he did in his last visit to NYC (St. John's game). Given his career arc, it is possible he would have felt a bit embarrassed spectating in front of his friends and family. (Of course, Greg was nothing but pure class about the situation, so maybe he would have enjoyed an opportunity to go home.)

Also, I suspect UNC could be a 1 or 2 seed next year.
    Greg had a great career but some injuries set him back. Let's all remember Greg had I believe 1400 points in his career, which is nothing to be ashamed of.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    What an incredibly useless article. Let's
    First..see who is returning to any given school.
    Second..see what the final recruiting classes look like.
    Third..play a season of basketball. Or at least part of one.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Here.... I'll cut to the chase so the people that want to discuss these projections, premature as they are, can do so in peace:

Post 1: Hey look, Bracketology for next year is out, we are a 1 seed, woo hoo!
    Post 2: This is ridiculous. It's such a waste of time to even speculate.
    Post 3: Why are you wasting your time telling Poster 1 he/she is wasting his/her time? If he/she wants to talk about it it's fine.
    Post 4: I agree. It's kind of fun. And look! The holes are a 3!
    Post 5: This is stupid. I can't believe anyone would waste time and energy debating this.
    Post 6: Why do people who aren't interested in a topic have to tell the people who are how silly it is to discuss it?
    Post 7: (Back to the debate) Lunardi doesn't know what he is talking about! Team X a # seed? With [INSERT PLAYER NAME] coming/not coming back. No fricking way!

There we go....

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    Greg had a great career but some injuries set him back. Let's all remember Greg had I believe 1400 points in his career, which is nothing to be ashamed of.
    I think it is shy of 1200 but I believe he is in the top 10 all time for assists at Duke.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    Here.... I'll cut to the chase so the people that want to discuss these projections, premature as they are, can do so in peace:

Post 1: Hey look, Bracketology for next year is out, we are a 1 seed, woo hoo!
    Post 2: This is ridiculous. It's such a waste of time to even speculate.
    Post 3: Why are you wasting your time telling Poster 1 he/she is wasting his/her time? If he/she wants to talk about it it's fine.
    Post 4: I agree. It's kind of fun. And look! The holes are a 3!
    Post 5: This is stupid. I can't believe anyone would waste time and energy debating this.
    Post 6: Why do people who aren't interested in a topic have to tell the people who are how silly it is to discuss it?
    Post 7: (Back to the debate) Lunardi doesn't know what he is talking about! Team X a # seed? With [INSERT PLAYER NAME] coming/not coming back. No fricking way!

There we go....
    That's actually beyond excellent. Great job! P.S. I'm wearing Poster #2's shoes, proudly.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology
    That is the link for Lunardi's choices. He has Clemson (5) playing SOUTH CAROLINA (12)! He has UNC as a 3, and Duke as a 1!

Screw Lunardi. I'm going with whomever Carnac picks. He'll be just as close.

This is beyond silly in my opinion. The irony is that Lunardi used to trumpet how he bases his bracketology on the team's body of work to that point in the season, and that bracketology was not intended to be a prediction of how teams would end up. Now, he's pretty clearly guesstimating how teams will end up.

I'm sure he's getting pressured by ESPN to do it, but stick to your guns. Don't straddle the fence like that, Lunardi.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post

There we go....
    I like el numero siete the best.

Ok, with that out of the way, I've got Hofstra, Clemson, Stanford, and South Dakota State as my top seeds. And Duke, Drake, Brown, and Wyoming as my 2s. Those are my picks and sticking with them, although I reserve the right to revise this list at any time after Sept. 17th. Why Sept 17th, you ask? Is there any significance in that date? Well no, I suppose there's not. But I figure I've gotta draw the line somewhere, and after shifting back and forth between May 2nd and Sept 17th, I chose the latter.

BTW, I've got Tulane as my darkhorse to go all the way in 2010.

My Stone Cold Lead Pipe Lock Prediction

2010 will be the first time ever a 16 upsets a 1...Liberty over Kansas.

Clear out the kids' college funds, cash out the 401K, and bank on it!

Oh yeah, and whoever gets Wall wins the whole thing. Guaranteed.
    Last edited by davekay1971; 04-15-2009 at 08:48 AM. Reason: really big fingers

In 2010 we will all have flying cars and eat our meals in pill form.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Okay, this thread has been open long enough for several folks to point out (in some rather funny posts) exactly how stupid it is to try and predict 2010 tourney brackets at this date.

This thread is CLOSED.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”