Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2009 Jordan Brand Classic

If you don't know what the Jordan Brand Classic is, it is basically a less popular McDonald All-American game. Plumlee and Kelly are playing in it. Unlike the McDonald's game, John Wall will be playing. Also, Lamont "Momo" Jones, an undecided who we have been connected with recently, will be playing. Dan Hurley is coaching the Black Jerseys. Its on April 18 @ 8 pm EST and will be on ESPN2.

Here are the rosters:
    Black Jerseys:
    Kenny Boynton G
    Avery Bradley G
    Dominic Cheek W
    DeMarcus Cousins F/C
    Derrick Favors F/C
    Abdul Gaddy G
    Jordan Hamilton W
    John Henson F/C
    Lamont Jones G
    Ryan Kelly F
    Alex Oriakhi F/C
    Durand Scott G

White Jerseys:
    Keith Gallon F/C
    Xavier Henry W
    Marcus Jordan G
    Wally Judge PF
    Tommy Mason-Griffin G
    Daniel Orton C
    Mason Plumlee F/C
    Renardo Sidney F
    John Wall G
    Royce White W
    Jamil Wilson F
    Mouphtauo Yarou F

I'm interested to see Wall after reading all of the posts about him. I wonder if he plans to decide where he is attending before this game, I hope so, im tired of the anticipation.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Will you be watching?

Yes because I am craving for hoops still! It sucks the season is over. It flies by.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    Yes because I am craving for hoops still! It sucks the season is over. It flies by.
    The Nike Hoops Summit is being played this Saturday 4/11 in Portland, Oregon, featuring an international team vs USA. Mason Plumlee and John Wall are on the USA team. I posted a link in the Mason Plumlee thread with an interview about the game.

It will be televised on Fox Sports South (and some other Fox regional channels, I believe) at 10:00 PM Eastern on Saturday 4/11. DirecTV channel 646.
    Last edited by roywhite; 04-09-2009 at 07:39 AM.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    The Nike Hoops Summit is being played this Saturday 4/11 in Portland, Oregon, featuring an international team vs USA. Mason Plumlee and John Wall are on the USA team. I posted a link in the Mason Plumlee thread with an interview about the game.

It will be televised on Fox Sports South (and some other Fox regional channels, I believe) at 10:00 PM Eastern on Saturday 4/11. DirecTV channel 646.
    As far as all-star type games go the Nike hoop Summit is pretty good. I think they are more competetive. Both sides really want to win. Didn't the world win a couple of years ago when Dirk was on it? Since then, it seems the US All-Stars have ratcheted up the intensity. The world is at a significant disadvantage with communication though as they usually have a couple of guys who don't speak English.

I read at one time (think it was at scout) that Wall originally planned to announce his college choice at the Jordan classic. Would be nice to finally put an end to that soap opera, one way or the other.
    "There can BE only one."

Jordan Brand Classic LIVE Webcast (4/18/09)

The High School Basketball Network will be streaming live webcasts of the Jordan Brand Classic Regional & International All-Star Games on Saturday April 18th, 2009 @ 3:30pm EST & 5:30pm EST. Go to http://www.JordanBrandClassic.TV

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    I read at one time (think it was at scout) that Wall originally planned to announce his college choice at the Jordan classic. Would be nice to finally put an end to that soap opera, one way or the other.
    He said in an interview at the game today that he was hoping to narrow down his choices from the 7+ he has now by the Jordan game, and then hopefully make decision in the week or two after that. So, it looks like we've got another 2-3 weeks of fun...

The game is on right now. Plumlee is doing pretty well; he had 6 or so points in the first few minutes. Ryan Kelly had a dunk. Wall had some nice assists. The game has been a typical sloppy all-star dunkfest so far.

Plumlee's jersey says 24 on the front and 42 on the back. I swear this is an optical illusion. Someone back me up on this.

Are you sure you are not mixing him up with a Wear?

Quote Originally Posted by johaad View Post
    Plumlee's jersey says 24 on the front and 42 on the back. I swear this is an optical illusion. Someone back me up on this.
    Yeah, I don't get it either. Mason being Mason.

I'm sure. In one shot, his jersey will say 24 on the front, he turns around and the camera is still fixed on him without changing views, and it says 42.

Ok good, you see it too? It was really messing with my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Are you sure you are not mixing him up with a Wear?
    No Wears in this one. Henson is the only UNC player, which surprises me since it's the JORDAN Brand Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by johaad View Post
    I'm sure. In one shot, his jersey will say 24 on the front, he turns around and the camera is still fixed on him without changing views, and it says 42.
    Does that mean he gets 10 fouls?

And 1 lay in for numbers 24 and 42. Very nice.

... when Mason gets a head of steam, Watch Out!

And the announcers catch up.

The announcers seemed convinced that Wall is going to either Kansas or Kentucky as those are the only teams they mentioned when speaking to Wall's recruitment.

This was my first time seeing him and MAN does that kid have some extra gears!

Also, Plumlee has impressed me much more than Kelly has thus far; although they will both obviously be contributors at some point in their Duke careers.

You mean Mason being Nosam