Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (in recruiting panic) I saw this guy on scout/rivals and he's rated Xth in his class. Why aren't we recruiting this guy? He sounds really good!

King Taylor will average 35 points a game and make 225 threes, mark it down. Coach K loves three-point shooters, and the King will play every minute

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    Pocket reference segments 1 and 6

9F
    Perhaps some updates are needed for Throaty's masterpiece (seriously, everyone should read it every few months to remind themselves of how unoriginal their posts are). After next season, it might be time to add a few new ones though.

Lol who cares.

Smile Walking on Water?

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    King Taylor will average 35 points a game and make 225 threes, mark it down. Coach K loves three-point shooters, and the King will play every minute

Czyz is Polish for Jesus, and believe me, Olek is the second coming.

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post

King was the only transfer that I was somewhat sad to see go... he did put up 27 or something against Directional Kentucky U. in like 20 minutes. He clearly didn't fit in with the Duke system (man-to-man defense). But then when he transfers, he has every school in the country to choose from and he chose Villanova, which plays the exact same defense.

- Duke is afraid to get down & dirty in the paint (Duke can't rebound).

- Duke BF/PFs are really 6'7" - 6'10" SG/SF/WFs who play out of position.

- Duke needs a Top 10 recruit every year or we'll stall at the Sweet 16.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    Duke only recruits white players.
    This and similar mythconceptions*, in particular, are becoming a problem for us.

*yes, I meant to write it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by KyDevilinIL View Post
    The ACC is the best conference in the nation this year.
    LOL! Ouch! Truth hurts. A lot of us kid ourselves in '09 on this one.
    Last edited by devildownunder; 04-09-2009 at 12:53 AM. Reason: typos. Ugh, i'm tired.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    duke doesn't develop nba players.

wojo doesn't have anything a big man can learn

cameron indoor can't rival the "big time arenas"
    When has anyone here ever bagged on Cameron? I've missed those comments.

11. Duke basketball is in a crisis!

...and...

Duke basketball is still as good as it ever was!

Quote Originally Posted by ForgiveOgilvie
    King was the only transfer that I was somewhat sad to see go... he did put up 27 or something against Directional Kentucky U. in like 20 minutes. He clearly didn't fit in with the Duke system (man-to-man defense). But then when he transfers, he has every school in the country to choose from and he chose Villanova, which plays the exact same defense.
    I agree with you, Forgive. I was sick to my stomach when I read the news Taylor was gone. But, he bailed on the program, bailed on his teammates, bailed on the coaching staff, and then threw pot shots Durham's way after leaving (i.e. his comments before the Nova game about "stopping at nothing to make sure Duke loses" and that he'll "tirelessly work on giving away every 'secret' every Duke player has on the court to make sure they go down."

I can't be saddened for a guy like that. I'm grateful for the time he put in here. But he knew what he was getting into when he signed on for the Devils, and he wasn't willing to pay the price and work his way up. I can't respect that.

I also agree with your point about Nova and its defense. Should be interesting to see how much burn Taylor gets, especially with the great class the Wildcats have coming in. Because Wright does tend to play more of a four guard offense, I expect Taylor will get minutes, but it will interesting.

I'll still tune in and catch a few of his bombs, though. Those left-handed prayers were beautiful. I'll give him that.

one more

"Duke needs to sign a ganga' player from the hood, in order to make Duke "cool" again."

I appreciate a three point bomber as much as the next guy, but honestly if King had stayed here I doubt he would have seen the floor much at all this past year.

Getting "X" recruit would re-open the floodgates and turn the program around 180 degrees.

I wasn't aware I was following a program that needed a 180 degree turnaround. Boo on me.

last one, for real this time

School X has a player who was a two-star recruit and is now better than our five-star recruits. Therefore, we should change our recruiting strategy to only go after two-star recruits.

Coach K coaching the Olympic Team hurt our recruiting this year as well as our offseason improvement.

If you don't get significant minutes by the time the ACC season starts you will be stuck at the end of the bench (See Elliott Williams)