Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recruiting: 2009-2011

Hey y'all. These various "recruit" posts are getting fairly long and cumbersome. I'm wondering whether someone can post (accurately) who we:

1) have signed
    2) are looking (hard) at - to the best of anyone's knowledge w/o providing information that cannot/should not be posted on these boards
    ...and what positions they project to, for the next three (3) classes:
    - incoming 2009

I just don't have the time anymore to sift through all of the information on these boards, unfortunately.

Many thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by j(ay)mike View Post
    Hey y'all. These various "recruit" posts are getting fairly long and cumbersome. I'm wondering whether someone can post (accurately) who we:

1) have signed
    2) are looking (hard) at - to the best of anyone's knowledge w/o providing information that cannot/should not be posted on these boards
    - incoming 2009

I just don't have the time anymore to sift through all of the information on these boards, unfortunately.

Many thanks in advance!
    Not sure we should post this information..Roy may be reading

Quote Originally Posted by j(ay)mike View Post

1) have signed
    - incoming 2009

Many thanks in advance!
    Just go to duke.scout.com to get an overview. Anyways, here's quick rundown with position rank in parenthesis.

2009: Signed 6'11" PF Ryan Kelly (#3) and 6'11" PF Mason Plumlee (#6). Both five-star recruits. Still waiting to hear from 6'4" PG John Wall (#1) who has an offer (#1 overall prospect; one and done; projected to go #1 in 2010 NBA Draft by many) and 6'0" PG Eric Bledsoe (#8) (four-star) who we've shown interest in, but haven't officially offered AFAIK.

2010: Signed 6'4" SG Andre Dawkins (#6) (5-star), 6'8" PF Josh Hairston (#5) (4-star), 6'2" PG Tyler Thornton (#9) (4-star).
    Offers extended to 6'3" PG Brandon Knight (#1) (considered a heavy Florida lean), 6'6" SF Harrison Barnes (#1) (considered a slight Duke lean, with KU being the other heavy possibility), 6'9" C Josh Smith (#2) (considered heavy UCLA lean) (all three 5-stars), and 6'1" PG Kyrie Irving (#8) (4-star).

2011: Still too early. No offers. Scout lists 8 guys with Duke interest, but it's WAY early. http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&yr=2011

2010 looks extemely promising! I think with that class we can expect great things.

think if we could land Barnes then we will have a GREAT shot at making a deep tourney run during the years following. I dont see knight coming to us, florida seems like his most likely choice. But a freshman class of dawkins, thorton, hairston, and barnes would really be something special.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukebasketball32 View Post
    think if we could land Barnes then we will have a GREAT shot at making a deep tourney run during the years following. I dont see knight coming to us, florida seems like his most likely choice. But a freshman class of dawkins, thorton, hairston, and barnes would really be something special.
    Plus Curry (though technically a sophomore)..

Thanks Bluedog. That helps tremendously.

Nice summary, Bluedog. Even those of us who have been following it can get confused!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    2010: Signed 6'4" SG Andre Dawkins (#6) (5-star), 6'8" PF Josh Hairston (#5) (4-star), 6'2" PG Tyler Thornton (#9) (4-star).
    Offers extended to 6'3" PG Brandon Knight (#1) (considered a heavy Florida lean), 6'6" SF Harrison Barnes (#1) (considered a slight Duke lean, with KU being the other heavy possibility), 6'9" C Josh Smith (#2) (considered heavy UCLA lean) (all three 5-stars), and 6'1" PG Kyrie Irving (#8) (4-star).
    Not to be too technical, but nobody has "signed" for 2010. You don't sign until your senior year. The three players mentioned have made non-binding commitments.

Good stuff. I would just add that although we are looking at Bledsoe, he is unlikely to qualify academically unfortunately.

Also, Brandon Knight is not considered a heavy Florida lean anymore. His recruitment is still pretty open.

My guess would be that someone else will emerge as a target in the class of 2010. Since Seth Curry (6'2" combo guard) will become eligible the same year the 2010 freshman arrive, we may very well target another big man to round out that class.

2011 is far away, but I'm sure we'll start hearing about them pretty soon. Marshall Plumlee is already pushing 7 feet and winning praise.

Still waiting to hear from 6'4" PG John Wall (#1) who has an offer (#1 overall prospect; one and done; projected to go #1 in 2010 NBA Draft by many)
    Just curious, does anyone actually project him in front of Rubio? A proven player against the elite of Europe and the Olympics? Not to say Wall won't be better some day, but that would be pure 'upside' (I feel dirty for using that word) at the expense of proven performance.

Plus, Rubio seems more like a Steve Nash, Wall more of an AI. Matter of taste, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtilal View Post
    Just curious, does anyone actually project him in front of Rubio? A proven player against the elite of Europe and the Olympics? Not to say Wall won't be better some day, but that would be pure 'upside' (I feel dirty for using that word) at the expense of proven performance.

Plus, Rubio seems more like a Steve Nash, Wall more of an AI. Matter of taste, I guess.
    I thought Rubio was eligible for this year's draft...So he won't be competing with Wall. I could be wrong though.

I thought Rubio was eligible for this year's draft...So he won't be competing with Wall. I could be wrong though.
    Correct. He is eligible for this year's draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtilal View Post

How? Wall is a 6'4 PG. AI is a 5'10" (maybe 11") SG. Not sure how they compare.

15. Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Correct. He is eligible for this year's draft.
    He is eligible but he might not be coming over. Most think he will though but he has a buyout from his current team so Rubio may be in 2010 but probably will be in 2009.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    [QUOTE=CameronCrazy'11;284342]Good stuff. I would just add that although we are looking at Bledsoe, he is unlikely to qualify academically unfortunately.

Actually, Bledsoe took the ACT again this past weekend and most of the guru's are expecting that he passes this time and becomes eligible. He is being recruited hard by several schools and I doubt they would be still on his trail were he not expected to qualify.

FWIW he was recently quoted as saying that Duke is his dream school..

Just go to duke.scout.com to get an overview. Anyways, here's quick rundown with position rank in parenthesis.

2009: Signed 6'11" PF Ryan Kelly (#3) and 6'11" PF Mason Plumlee (#6). Both five-star recruits. Still waiting to hear from 6'4" PG John Wall (#1) who has an offer (#1 overall prospect; one and done; projected to go #1 in 2010 NBA Draft by many) and 6'0" PG Eric Bledsoe (#8) (four-star) who we've shown interest in, but haven't officially offered AFAIK.

2011: Still too early. No offers. Scout lists 8 guys with Duke interest, but it's WAY early. http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&yr=2011
    Just curious, but where do you get that Knight is a heavy Florida lean and Barnes is a slight Duke lean? Same with Smith. Is this opinion or is this printed somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCrazy'11 View Post
    Good stuff. I would just add that although we are looking at Bledsoe, he is unlikely to qualify academically unfortunately.
    Im pretty sure he eliminated Duke as an option. He narrowed it down to his top four and Duke wasnt included. We are recruiting the Oak Hills PG though, his name is Lamont something.

Quote Originally Posted by dubayuw View Post
    Im pretty sure he eliminated Duke as an option. He narrowed it down to his top four and Duke wasnt included. We are recruiting the Oak Hills PG though, his name is Lamont something.
    Where'd you see that about Bledsoe? That's news to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Coballs View Post
    Where'd you see that about Bledsoe? That's news to me.
    rivals.com reported that he had narrowed down to 4 school but since i couldnt look at the full article because i dont pay, i went to bledsoe's page and cincy, bama, uk, and florida were listed so I figured we werent one of his four.