Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 231
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lewisville, NC

    Comprehensive NBA early entry thread 2009

    Maybe we can consolidate announcements about early entrants or news about players who have decided to remain in college. Non-Duke players, since there is already a Gerald Henderson draft status thread.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaato...ory?id=4048617

    Ed Davis of UNC says he will return.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Maybe we can consolidate announcements about early entrants or news about players who have decided to remain in college. Non-Duke players, since there is already a Gerald Henderson draft status thread.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaato...ory?id=4048617

    Ed Davis of UNC says he will return.
    I always like to see college players stay (well, except for UNC players) because it's good for the game. But I wonder why he would stay. I think he showed last night he's a lottery pick. If you were an NBA GM and you had the first pick in the draft, but you could only draft from UNC's roster, who is the first player you'd take? I'll bet if you polled all NBA GMs, the vast majority would say Ed Davis. But good for him. UNC's frontcourt is going to be loaded next year with Davis, Thompson, Zeller, Henson and the Wears. Add in Ginyard, Drew and the backcourt freshmen and UNC isn't going to drop too far. Damn.
    Singler is IRON

    I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

  3. #3
    Jodie Meeks and Dejaun Blair have declared.
    2009-2010 can't come soon enough.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Durham, NC

    Great...

    It goes from bad to worse...

    I had two hopes after last night's massacre...

    1.Davis goes pro...
    2.Ellington goes pro...

    That frontline is ridiculous next year....Davis, Thompson, Zeller, Henson, Wear x 2...

    Like we didn't have enough problems on the glass last year...It will be like volleyball underneath the basket when we play the holes...

    Hopefully, Ellington follows Henderson to the pros...

  5. #5
    I think Davis will change his mind once the euphoria of winning wears off and he has time to assess the situation. People are talking about him being a top 10, maybe a top 5 pick - NBA scouts are absolutely drooling over him. He might go higher than either Lawson or Ellington.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Red Lion, PA
    What about Thompson? Has he ruled out going pro? if I were him I would look to leave this year while the draft is a bit weaker than usual. I am sure someone would take a chance on him in the 2nd round.

    I am not worried about UNC next year. The key driver to this team was Lawson. Even if Davis returns we match up well under the hoop:

    Czyz 6'7 Thompson 6'8
    Singler 6'8 Wear 6'9
    Thomas 6'8 Wear 6'9
    Kelly 6'10 Davis 6'10
    MP1 6'10 Henson 6'10
    MP2 6'11 Zeller 7'0
    Zoubek 7'1

    I am sorry but Zeller is soft and has a ways to go before he does anything special. The only two that concern me are Davis and Henson, but even then, one of them will be stuck chasing Singler around.....

  7. #7

    Come on...

    Quote Originally Posted by quickgtp View Post
    What about Thompson? Has he ruled out going pro? if I were him I would look to leave this year while the draft is a bit weaker than usual. I am sure someone would take a chance on him in the 2nd round.

    I am not worried about UNC next year. The key driver to this team was Lawson. Even if Davis returns we match up well under the hoop:

    Czyz 6'7 Thompson 6'8
    Singler 6'8 Wear 6'9
    Thomas 6'8 Wear 6'9
    Kelly 6'10 Davis 6'10
    MP1 6'10 Henson 6'10
    MP2 6'11 Zeller 7'0
    Zoubek 7'1

    I am sorry but Zeller is soft and has a ways to go before he does anything special. The only two that concern me are Davis and Henson, but even then, one of them will be stuck chasing Singler around.....
    you have Czyz "matched up" with Thompson on this list. "Match up well"? Have you been paying attention this year? Now if you shift all of our guys up one slot and move Czyz back to the bottom, that makes more sense.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by quickgtp View Post
    What about Thompson? Has he ruled out going pro? if I were him I would look to leave this year while the draft is a bit weaker than usual. I am sure someone would take a chance on him in the 2nd round.
    I can't imagine the promise of being a possible 2nd round pick would lure him out of school. He will be BMOC for the Heels next year and, with a good season, probably becomes a 1st round pick in 2010.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    you have Czyz "matched up" with Thompson on this list. "Match up well"? Have you been paying attention this year? Now if you shift all of our guys up one slot and move Czyz back to the bottom, that makes more sense.
    I think he was just putting sizes up against one another, not players. I don't want Ryan Kelly guarding Ed Davis, EVER! Davis is a beast.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Red Lion, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    you have Czyz "matched up" with Thompson on this list. "Match up well"? Have you been paying attention this year? Now if you shift all of our guys up one slot and move Czyz back to the bottom, that makes more sense.
    Dude, relax, if you didn't notice I did the listing in order of height. There weren't any specific match-ups, rather an overall big picture.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Red Lion, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by dukediv2013 View Post
    I think he was just putting sizes up against one another, not players. I don't want Ryan Kelly guarding Ed Davis, EVER! Davis is a beast.
    Thank you, and yes, I agree with your thoughts on Kelly vs. Davis!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    I think Davis will change his mind once the euphoria of winning wears off and he has time to assess the situation. People are talking about him being a top 10, maybe a top 5 pick - NBA scouts are absolutely drooling over him. He might go higher than either Lawson or Ellington.
    Looking at this latest mock draft from nbadraft.net, I think I would take Davis ahead of everyone but Griffin. He would easily be a top 10 pick.

    For 2010, they have Davis at #3.

    Also, just looking at those mock drafts, eveyone says 2010 is a much deeper draft, but I don't see that.
    Singler is IRON

    I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Looking at this latest mock draft from nbadraft.net, I think I would take Davis ahead of everyone but Griffin. He would easily be a top 10 pick.

    For 2010, they have Davis at #3.

    Also, just looking at those mock drafts, eveyone says 2010 is a much deeper draft, but I don't see that.
    2010 is a much much deeper draft.

    For Davis he might return but it wont improve his draft stock,with the uncertainty after Griffin & Rubio in 2009 he has a chance to go high with some good workouts.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    And so was Dunleavy. Until he wasn't. He has lots of time to change his mind after the euphoria wears off.

    -jk

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Looking at this latest mock draft from nbadraft.net, I think I would take Davis ahead of everyone but Griffin. He would easily be a top 10 pick.

    For 2010, they have Davis at #3.

    Also, just looking at those mock drafts, eveyone says 2010 is a much deeper draft, but I don't see that.
    In this year's draft, they have Ellington going to the Lakers...That would be such a perfect match for both parties...I can just see him becoming like Derek Fisher (without the PG duties) and just bombing from 3...His shooting motion even kind of looks like Fisher...

    GO WAYNE!! DECLARE!!!

  17. #17
    ESPN: Jodie Meeks will enter the NBA draft but won't hire an agent.
    T '05
    SOM '10
    DR '16

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC

    Thompson

    Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    I can't imagine the promise of being a possible 2nd round pick would lure him out of school. He will be BMOC for the Heels next year and, with a good season, probably becomes a 1st round pick in 2010.
    That's a good point; he's basically been playing behind in Hans's shadow his whole career so he'll finally have a chance to show what he can do. Unless of course one of the freshmen surpasses him.

    No way Ellington comes back. He has absolutely nothing left to prove and his stock will never be higher.

  19. #19

    Earl Clark to Go

    Fox Sports: Earl Clark has declared for the draft and will hire an agent.

    http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/9...agent?MSNHPHMA

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    And so was Dunleavy. Until he wasn't. He has lots of time to change his mind after the euphoria wears off.

    -jk
    And Sean May.

    No one is out of the draft until after the deadline. I'm expecting Davis to go because of his play this weekend. It's not like he's going to play for a second title next year (please, God.)
    Now I'm 33, my back hurts, and I just don't care who does what in Cameron. - Throatybeard

Similar Threads

  1. 2009 Volleyball Thread
    By awhom111 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 09:10 PM
  2. Early entry hits the women's game
    By Tappan Zee Devil in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 05:01 PM
  3. Carolina early entry vigil
    By OldSchool in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 12:44 PM
  4. Early Entry Lists
    By Saratoga2 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 10:42 AM
  5. Duke's best and worst early-entry decisions?
    By calltheobvious in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-24-2007, 02:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •