Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by KyDevilinIL View Post
    I think the national semifinal games – the actual Final Four – is the primary draw for the general public at this point in the tournament, so those games are played Saturday for bars and parties and whatnot. The title game is fairly anticlimactic, IMO, especially if you have no rooting interest, so I don't think the TV folks are to concerned with finding a better slot for the game. I kinda like the Monday title game, anyway. It's all I've ever known.

The NCAAT begins with wide national interest on the first Thursday and Friday because of office pools, then interest wanes considerably over the next two weekends. By tonight, only the deeply interested remain.
    I hope it stays exactly the way it is because the NCAA tournament is one of the few events that totally caters to the real degenerate sports junkies of the world out there. People like me!

I mean, really. It's opening day matinee baseball all day capped off with the NCAA men's championship game at night. And all of it is the climax of a 19-day hoopfest!

Bliss

The super bowl sucks.

Right about now, especially when Duke is not playing and especially when the national championship game is a blowout, is the worst time of the year for me.

It seems like the season just started, yet it also seems like a million years away since our October Blue-White opener.