Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Good Question

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    Wall is a big unknown as far as what he would do right away. I'll take the Senior who I know what I am getting with rather than an unproven freshmen. That being said, I don't doubt for a second Wall will be a stud, and I would love to have him!
    This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

Henderson, for sure. If Wall came, I wouldn't complain, but If G left I WOULD complain. If we get Wall, and G comes back, then we would be a powerhouse. But G has showed us that he has the strength and ability to be a WAY better player than Wall.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Wall not that it matters. UNC was great because of Lawson. Duke does not have a Lawson next season unless John Wall enrolls. He will make everyone better. Gerald Henderson is a great talent, but he is not a playmaker. Too much one on one and can make some very poor decisions when the ball is in his hands. He needs a better handle. He will get there, but probably in the NBA and not at Duke.John Wall can change the dynamic of Duke basketball. Henderson would be a 1st team All American, but I don't think Duke would go all the way without a playmaker point guard.
    If I am going with my head, I totally agree with Heyman 25. If I go with my heart, I take G because I love it when a player commits to Duke and stays all 4 years and gives his heart and soul to the program (see Greg Paulus and David McClure as the most recent examples). I would love to get back to the Final Four and Wall gives us a better chance at that, but really; it isn't the most important thing!

But I don't expect many to agree with my position. We have been the epitome of the great Basketball program for the past 20+ years and we are spoiled into believing that it's our birthright to be in the Final Four each year. Sometimes it appears as if we forget to enjoy the journey each year and just love what the players give us fans and the University. Just my two cents.