Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    overall the ACC is a better conference with him in it. We could use a couple more big timers, honestly.
    I was really hoping that UVa would have ended up with Tubby, and that NCST had been wiser/more desperate and had made a run at Pitino pre-Louisville.

With Gary doing just enough to keep his job at UMd, UVa being apparently resigned to failure (in both football and basketball), and NCST having dropped off the map for the past quarter century, the ACC just isn't what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    I'm more interest to see how Roy handles being the top dog (or he would say dawg) in the ACC after K retires.
    They are only 3 years apart in age...I wonder how long Roy will be around after K hangs it up, or if he won't hang it up first. I am hopeful that K will stick around for a while, unless USA Basketball offers him Jerry Colangelo's job.

Roy v. Izzo

Ol' Roy is a good coach but not a great one, and he must be feeling some pressure about tonight's game. Izzo is a great coach and if the game is close there is a significant chance Williams will be out-coached in front of a national audience. I'm sure ol' Roy is not dwelling on that thought, but it may be lurking like a nightmare in the back of his mind. Go Spartans!

Agree that Izzo is probably a better in-game coach than Ol' Roy. That's not necessarily a slam to Ol' Roy as much as it's a kudo to Izzo. (I personally think Izzo's a better in-game coach than Coach K, too, but that's another issue.)

Roy will never replace Dean in the UNC hierarchy, even if he (God forbid) wins 3 or 4 more national titles, for reasons that have been clearly outlined by other posters.

Oh, and... Go Spartans!