Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

The Official Go Sparty Thread

Gentlemen of MSU - get it done.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Better get out on the shooters.

I had a positive outlook about 'Nova giving them a good game so I'm not giving MSU a chance in the world (maybe I can jinx the holes).

UNC has too many weapons...
    -they're deadly behind the arc
    -Lawson is possibly one of the most dominate players ever
    -they're deadly inside (Hansbrough/Thompson/Davis)

With that said, right after the game, the local news reported that a mom and 3 yr old daughter died as a result of some kids street racing...kinda puts my "UNC winning sadness" in perspective.

'fraid you're right

Gee, Mr. Haskell ... maybe spartans can keep it under 10, but then have NO chance.

NONE

ZIP

ZILCH

ZERO

Slow down the game, shoot lights out, dominate!

Can't really pull for Izzo. Meh...Ambivelent.

Bring on the Masters.
    ~rthomas

I would pull for a squad of Hitler, Saddam, Osama, Stalin, and Mao against those SOBs--with Pol Pot and Hirohito coming off the bench. The least you can do is throw Izzo some support.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeCO2009 View Post
    I would pull for a squad of Hitler, Saddam, Osama, Stalin, and Mao against those SOBs--with Pol Pot and Hirohito coming off the bench. The least you can do is throw Izzo some support.
    I agree. For those who don't, just think of what you may see..

1. Danny Green dancing like he's never danced before
    2. The media having a love affair with Hansbrough coming back to get his ring
    3. Hansbrough's celabatory arm flailing thing
    4. The trivia question "what team did former president Obama pick to win the '09 NCAA tournament?"

I think I am going to be sick...

Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post

4. The trivia question "what team did former president Obama pick to win the '09 NCAA tournament?"

Goodness, please win MSU!! Maybe MSU will spring a super-duper upset. It is possible.

GO DUKE!

State has a massive challenge ahead, but I think they have at least a puncher's chance. The problem won't be on the interior-State handled a superior interior team to UNC tonight. The problem will be on the perimeter, where UNC overmatches State in a big way.

Still, I think it was nice of the Spartans to put UConn basketball under Calhoun on life support. The NCAA will likely finish the job and send Calhoun into retirement.

dukemsu

Good Luck DukeMSU!

Quote Originally Posted by dukemsu View Post
    State has a massive challenge ahead, but I think they have at least a puncher's chance. The problem won't be on the interior-State handled a superior interior team to UNC tonight. The problem will be on the perimeter, where UNC overmatches State in a big way.

Still, I think it was nice of the Spartans to put UConn basketball under Calhoun on life support. The NCAA will likely finish the job and send Calhoun into retirement.

dukemsu
    Hi,

I'll be rooting hard for those Spartans.

GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Can't really pull for Izzo. Meh...Ambivelent.

Bring on the Masters.
    Good call on the Masters. Why don't you like Izzo?

Now I don't feel so bad about thinking that the Spartans deserved a 1 seed and while I didn't think they would beat UConn, I did say that if anyone could pull the upset that Izzo would be the one. I have the same thinking about UNC. Ultimately they will have too many options for the Spartans to control.

MSU is not as bad on the perimeter as one might think and they play solid defense. Plus they have fouls to waste by going 8 or 9 deep. If Lawson drives and gets past the first line of defense, he will get knocked down a time or two by Ebok, Green, or Sutan. And let's face it, UNC shot an great % on 3's and overpowered 'Nova inside. This will not happen against MSU. I can almost talk myself into predicting an upset.

Danny Green dancing like he's never danced before...a love affair with Hansbrough coming back to get his ring...
    Hansbrough's celebratory arm flailing....The trivia question "what team did former president Obama pick to win the '09 NCAA tournament?"
    My nightmare from last night

Sparty, Sparty save me!!!!

This is a no-brainer. My brother is strength coach for Mich St. Football. Go Spartans. Kill the beast.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

You will see all of that if the 'Holes win. It will be unbearable to watch.

Add to the above, the announcer waxing poetic as the game comes to a close, "Tyler Hansbrough...one of the greatest careers...ever...came back to get the job done...and now...about to be...an NCAA champion. A fitting cap to perhaps the greatest college career...of all time."

I threw up twice just writing that. I think I'm breaking out with hives. Where's my albuterol inhaler?! My vision is fading...call...911...

Heh, I get to watch this game at UNC, with my Carolina friends, as it is conveniently timed to be right after I attend an admitted students weekend at Duke. I was planning on just going to visit them all and have dinner, but nooooooooo. They (and all of their classmates) are going to throw garbage at me when I show up in Spartan green!

Quote Originally Posted by darkblue2769 View Post
    Heh, I get to watch this game at UNC, with my Carolina friends, as it is conveniently timed to be right after I attend an admitted students weekend at Duke. I was planning on just going to visit them all and have dinner, but nooooooooo. They (and all of their classmates) are going to throw garbage at me when I show up in Spartan green!
    Keep the faith!! GTHc!!

Izzo has always been one of my favoite coaches. He might become my all time favorite (besides K) if he pulls this one off.

GO MSU!!!!!!!

Go Sparty Go!

Please save us!