Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Gotta love how Nova all of a sudden can't shoot, play D, hit FTs or rebound.

It's getting close to 20!!!

where's packer when you need him?

What do you think -- will Zeller be any good? At times he looks good, at other times he appears totally lost. I don't know.

Jesus....Danny Green for 3 from half court. This is almost funny.

Funny parallel that KU dropped 40 on UNC in the first 13 minutes last year, and now UNC dropped has 40 on Nova in the first 13 minutes this year.

At least Zeller doesn't look all that great, I'd definitely taken Mason over him.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Gotta love how Nova all of a sudden can't shoot, play D, hit FTs or rebound.
    What? You act like you are surprised. Come on, this is as ancient a tradition as there is in college basketball: Duke has to scrap and takes everyone's best shot and UNC gets everything handed to them. It's just the way it is. Get ready for more of the same on Monday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Funny parallel that KU dropped 40 on UNC in the first 13 minutes last year, and now UNC dropped has 40 on Nova in the first 13 minutes this year.

At least Zeller doesn't look all that great, I'd definitely taken Mason over him.
    Depressing parallel, the Dukies dropped only 54 in a game against Nova and UNC might drop more than that in a half...ughhhhhh

That's not saying much about Duke

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Has any team in modern times had such an easy path to the championship as the Holes?
    Don't know about that. They are dismantling a team that beat Duke by 23 pts and made us look like high school players. I don't like unc but I have to give them credit. It looks like we get every teams best shot. Our days of imtimidating teams after January are over. I guess they think we are soft. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    it's said UNC WIN as soon as KARL HESS stepped on the floor...
    Is there someway to search and find all of UNC's game in which Karl Hess has officiated? I love me some officiating stats.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Don't know about that. They are dismantling a team that beat Duke by 23 pts and made us look like high school players. I don't like unc but I have to give them credit. It looks like we get every teams best shot. Our days of imtimidating teams after January are over. I guess they think we are soft. Go Duke!
    Frankly I've never bought into the myth of us intimidating teams with the letters D-U-K-E on our jerseys. I don't think I've ever seen us win one game where I thought it was over the moment the other team took the floor because they were in awe of us. To the contrary, we've always taken teams best shots. Always.

UNC, on the other hand, repeatedly gets things handed to them. There's no way 'Nova is playing with the same intensity and precision that they did against us. No way.

"There's no way 'Nova is playing with the same intensity and precision that they did against us. No way."

could that possibly have something to do with the opponent they're playing?

Looks like Nova remembered they were at the Final Four... got their legs under them.

Hopefully all this Carolina praise by us will be a "jinx"...gotta love it!!!

Under 10...look out!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    "There's no way 'Nova is playing with the same intensity and precision that they did against us. No way."

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Frankly I've never bought into the myth of us intimidating teams with the letters D-U-K-E on our jerseys. I don't think I've ever seen us win one game where I thought it was over the moment the other team took the floor because they were in awe of us. To the contrary, we've always taken teams best shots. Always.

UNC, on the other hand, repeatedly gets things handed to them. There's no way 'Nova is playing with the same intensity and precision that they did against us. No way.
    Yes but unc is having something to do with it. Well now down under 10 maybe there is hope. Go Nova..Oh I mean Go Duke!

No.

Why would how hard a team is playing have anything to do with who they were playing? Maybe how WELL they were playing, but definitely not how hard.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    No.

Why would how hard a team is playing have anything to do with who they were playing? Maybe how WELL they were playing, but definitely not how hard.
    so you guys are saying that nova played harder in the sweet 16 game vs. duke because, well, it was duke. and, what, they don't really care as much in this game, a game that can get them into the championship final?

"No real contact there, just a challenge."

Uh, Clark... did you SEE the replay? Hanstravel definitely fouled Fisher.

so you guys are saying that nova played harder in the sweet 16 game vs. duke because, well, it was duke. and, what, they don't really care as much in this game, a game that can get them into the championship final?
    No one said anything about caring.

Some teams just come out flat, for whatever reason. UNC punched em in the mouth, but they fought back pretty well and got it within 10.