Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MBB: Michigan State 82, Connecticut 73

What a physical first half! I can't help but think about the contrast in the quickness and strength of these guys vs. those on Duke's team. It further reinforces our weaknesses and suggests that finesse teams will have difficulty getting to the Final Four/winning a national championship.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Is it my imagination or does MSU hack like crazy on every possession? On the play in the first half that led to the scrum, Price got fouled like 3 times before Adrien finally got arm wrestled to the floor...

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    Is it my imagination or does MSU hack like crazy on every possession? On the play in the first half that led to the scrum, Price got fouled like 3 times before Adrien finally got arm wrestled to the floor...
    Absolutely! I hate UConn about as much as I do UNC, but I'm no fan of Izzo's football tactics. Whenever I watch a game MSU is involved in I never feel like I watched a basketball game. More like some bizarre version of "Rollerball" or something.

And of course, it's pretty obvious MSU is going to win this game. UNC will of course dispatch of 'Nova and then in the championship game MSU will play nothing like they are tonight (having shot all their wads in this game) and the stinkin' Tar Heels will waltz to an easy victory. Remember, you read it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    There is no doubt the zebras have let them play. If MSU were not so deep, they would be in serious foul trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by House G View Post
    There is no doubt the zebras have let them play. If MSU were not so deep, they would be in serious foul trouble.
    Did anyone just see Summers' dunk??? That was unreal!

The other thing I've noticed over the course of this game is that literally every bounce of the ball has gone to MSU. True, they hustled and created some of the bounces, but they've also gotten a ton of fortunate bounces. No doubt they are "destined" in this one.

4:12 to go, State up by 8. This game isn't over yet. I expected UConn to run away with it -- hasn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    4:12 to go, State up by 8. This game isn't over yet. I expected UConn to run away with it -- hasn't happened.
    It's over now!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    The other thing I've noticed over the course of this game is that literally every bounce of the ball has gone to MSU. True, they hustled and created some of the bounces, but they've also gotten a ton of fortunate bounces. No doubt they are "destined" in this one.
    The MSU players may believe they are destined. Consider all the "to do"made over the 30th. anniversary of the MSU - Indiana state game.

It's an exciting game whether you like the way it's gone or not.

Calhoun getting a taste of his own medicine--he can't buy a call!

Amazingly, CBS found it.

The One camera angle that hadn't been seen previously that is WORSE than any other shot possible.

(I'm talking of course about the ceiling/20foothigh/eye-vision cam. MSU shot a 3 and drained it and you coulndnt even SEE THE SHOOTER IN THE CORNER. That's just awful).
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    The MSU players may believe they are destined. Consider all the "to do"made over the 30th. anniversary of the MSU - Indiana state game.

It's an exciting game whether you like the way it's gone or not.
    Well, I was only interested in see the team in the Finals that I felt could be the Heels, and that was UConn. I'm just concerned that MSU will play nowhere near the level they've played tonight and UNC will win in a runaway on Monday. If not for the Holes factor I'd be thoroughly enjoying seeing the Huskies get their comeuppance in spite of the fact that I do genuinely dislike Izzo's style of play.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    Did anyone just see Summers' dunk??? That was unreal!
    Yeah, I saw it. Look up the definition of "Posterized" and that dunk pretty much defines it... Nasty

Well, I was only interested in see the team in the Finals that I felt could be the Heels, and that was UConn. I'm just concerned that MSU will play nowhere near the level they've played tonight and UNC will win in a runaway on Monday. If not for the Holes factor I'd be thoroughly enjoying seeing the Huskies get their comeuppance in spite of the fact that I do genuinely dislike Izzo's style of play.
    I just can't get upset about UConn losing even if it improves Carolina's chances. I really, really, really don't want Carolina to win, but I at least respect the way they run their program. Now Carolina has to go through two respectable programs to win a championship and I can cheer for both of them with a clean conscience. Go 'Nova!

I was only interested in see the team in the Finals that I felt could be the Heels...
    Obviously that should have read "beat the Heels."

I'm guessing that a fair amount of money changed hands on that one! Good game for State, like to see them play Villanova!

I love it. I love it. UConnvicts go down.

Doesn't get better. Calhoun should resign. Get a real coach in there.
    ~rthomas

I'm not so sure Izzo's gang can't compete with the Heels--after all, the Heels aren't in Greensboro anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Doesn't get better. Calhoun should resign. Get a real coach in there.

dood...he's got two rings already....he IS a real coach...

My worst nightmare has been averted....no UCONN vs UNC. Living in CT it would have been a nightmare either way it went. GO NOVA!!!