View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for in the Final Four?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • UConn

3 2.36%
  • Michigan State

27 21.26%
  • Villanova

97 76.38%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Final Four rooting

Who are you rooting for in the Final Four?

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Nova

I am pulling for Villanova. They took our boys out, might as well lose to the champs. Plus I like their team and how hard they play.

Should they lose, then I hope Michigan St wins. Should neither of those teams win, my hope is that the tourney is cancelled due to weather or some other odd reason and no winner is declared...

Go Nova!!

Silly question! ABC.

Other than that, MSU. I like Izzo.

-jk

would "other" be the Taliban?

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    I am pulling for Villanova. They took our boys out, might as well lose to the champs.
    This is the very reason why I select the Wildcats.

The curse strikes later. Right?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I always pull for whoever beat Duke. I'd rather lose to the winner. The fact that they are up against carolina is an added bonus.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    I am pulling for Villanova. They took our boys out, might as well lose to the champs. Plus I like their team and how hard they play.

Should they lose, then I hope Michigan St wins. Should neither of those teams win, my hope is that the tourney is cancelled due to weather or some other odd reason and no winner is declared...
    Same here. If the worst happens and Villanova and Michigan St lose tomorrow, I don't want either of the other two teams to win. Maybe the 'Victs can win and then have to vacate the championship due to NCAA sanctions?

Talking Ha!

other

Nothing would make me happier than seeing both UConn and Carolina lose. In the finals I'd pull for MSU. I really admire the way Izzo carries himself, his tournament consistency, and the fact that's he's built his program the right way.

Nova first

Nova first - just to show that you do not need a dominant big man to win it all. Then Michigan State- to show that you can win by playing good team ball without any real superstars. Then after that it gets dicey. I suppose, UNC (winning on some very controversial play that will be shown over and over again as being a wrong call that went their way) because the ACC has been pretty much bashed this post season and this could at least bring up the respect for the league. Last and certainly least UConn- with the hope that the have to forfeit the championship at some point.

I'm pulling for Michigan State to win it all (always liked Izzo for some reason). I will be a Nova fan for at least one day though, I want unc to lose as soon as possible! Nightmare finals scenario: UConn vs. unc. Just awful.

Villanova first, then MSU, then meteor strike.

Nova, because that ends the Threat quickly.

Then, we'll deal with any remaining scenarios.

(The only reason to not root for MSU over Villanova is because they would then tie us with 3 titles, otherwise MSU over Nova is the most desired outcome).
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Of course Nova because they play UNC, but I really like Izzo and I think he is a terrific coach. I would love to see MSU win.

With one major exception, I couldn't care less about the players involved. I'm more interested in the coaches.

So I'm pulling for Nova. But I can handle any of them except UConn, even (to an extent) UNC.

Mainly, the thought of Calhoun tying K with three titles gives me the cold shakes.

I have no problem with Izzo having two championships (An aside: Is there a more universally loved college coach than Izzo right now? The guy has few, if any, critics it seems.) Jay Wright seems like he'll get one eventually, though probably not this year. And I'd be less broken up about Roy winning No. 2 than I would be about TH winning one. That would be a real bummer.

I don't feel confident in Nova's chances of winning, and not because of seeding or whatever. Since 2000, every team that beat Duke in the Sweet 16 has reached the Final Four. Three (Florida, Indiana, Kansas) went on to the title game, but none have won the championship. So Nova would have to overcome that trend, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by KyDevilinIL View Post
    With one major exception, I couldn't care less about the players involved. I'm more interested in the coaches.

So I'm pulling for Nova. But I can handle any of them except UConn, even (to an extent) UNC.

Mainly, the thought of Calhoun tying K with three titles gives me the cold shakes.

I have no problem with Izzo having two championships (An aside: Is there a more universally loved college coach than Izzo right now? The guy has few, if any, critics it seems.) Jay Wright seems like he'll get one eventually, though probably not this year. And I'd be less broken up about Roy winning No. 2 than I would be about TH winning one. That would be a real bummer.

I don't feel confident in Nova's chances of winning, and not because of seeding or whatever. Since 2000, every team that beat Duke in the Sweet 16 has reached the Final Four. Three (Florida, Indiana, Kansas) went on to the title game, but none have won the championship. So Nova would have to overcome that trend, it seems.
    Bingo! My thoughts exactly. I absolutely hate the idea of Calhoun having the same number of championships as K. Ugh!

I'm cheering for Nova first, then MSU, and then as much as it pains me to say this I would cheer for UNC over UConn, for the reason mentioned above. As much as I dislike UNC I respect them much more than I respect UConn.

If it comes down to a UNC-UConn final, I might not even be able to watch.

1. Nova
    2. MSU
    3. Uconn (whom I hate)
    4. Then I hope the Lord comes so they can not win!

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    other
    QFT. Anyone who votes for them merits a 10 day ban imo

Quote Originally Posted by KyDevilinIL View Post
    I was curious about this, myself. I didn't want to bring it up a) because it may seem like stirring the pot from a Carolina alum, and b) it's a day early. But I'd like to see the poll results, should the two favorites advance, of who you all would root against harder...

Calhoun's third, or Carolina's fifth?

I assume I know the answer, but the two people in this thread actually surprised me.