View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for in the Final Four?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • UConn

3 2.36%
  • Michigan State

27 21.26%
  • Villanova

97 76.38%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Voted MSU because I've gained a lot of respect for them recently. But I like Villanova too. Tom Izzo and Jay Wright are two of my favorite coaches in college hoops. Izzo in particular is amazing. His teams rarely have big names on them but they work well together and play beautiful, unselfish basketball. As I was watching them against Louisville I started out not really caring who won and ended rooting hard for MSU.

The Final Act:

UConn meets Nova in the Championship game, and Nova goes belly up. BUUUTT, the NCAA comes to the rescue, dropping big-time sanctions on the little darlings. Mirroring the Howard Porter led Wildcats of yore, our favorite felonius five and their feral Fagin are expunged from the record book.

Yes my friends, there is balance in the Universe.
    The University of North Carolina
    Where CHEATING is a Way of Life

MSU, then 'Nova

Living in Big 10 country, I am not an ACC fan is spite of being an avid Duke fan. If some think the ACC has taken its lumps this year in the tourney, it is even tougher for the Big 10 on a more regular basis. The conference always seems to get bashed by the media and just about everyone else. Sometimes it is more deserved than others. And I will be the first to admit that watching a Big 10 game sometimes takes about all the strength I can muster. I would rather watch a high school girl's basketball game than watch Wisconsin play.

But Izzo deserves his due. MSU wins in the spirit of team play-usually not a lot of starpower, defense, and rebounding. With the exception of the UNC game this year, MSU is normally competitive against other conferences. In spite of recent flash in the plan successes like OSU in 2007 and Illinois in 2005it is MSU that has managed to consistently carried the flag of the Big 10 for a long time on the national stage.

Izzo does it clean and without a lot of fanfare. Some even say he is under- appreciated and flies under the radar even though he has coached every 4 year player he has had at MSU to at least one Final 4 appearance. I really don't expect the Spartans to beat UConn, but if anyone can pull it off it will be Tom Izzo. So my humble vote goes to MSU with 'Nova a close second since they beat Duke. If these two don't win, I vote for that end of the world stuff.

Nova, so Jay can win a title, move to Vegas like Rollie, and hire Ty to be a pit boss.

"Villanova first, then MSU, then meteor strike."

exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by shoutingncu View Post
    I was curious about this, myself. I didn't want to bring it up a) because it may seem like stirring the pot from a Carolina alum, and b) it's a day early. But I'd like to see the poll results, should the two favorites advance, of who you all would root against harder...

Calhoun's third, or Carolina's fifth?

I assume I know the answer, but the two people in this thread actually surprised me.
    I really can't say! I know as a Duke fan that's terrible to say. The answer should obviously be UNC, but I just really can't stand Calhoun. I probably wouldn't watch the final. It would be rough to see UNC win their fifth, but since I don't live in NC I wouldn't have to deal with it as much as those of you that do.

Hopefully Nova and/or MSU will get the job done tonight and we won't have to worry about that dreadful game.

Quote Originally Posted by G man View Post
    1. Nova
    2. MSU
    3. Uconn (whom I hate)
    4. Then I hope the Lord comes so they can not win!
    Nova because the players and coaches seem like good guys. Sort of like the Duke guys. Mich State next and I agree with you after that The Lord comes. Go Duke!

'Nova and if they don't win UCON on 1 LARGE caveat...

...the convicts beat carolina, have the title stripped in subsequent months, and neither UCON or carolina goes down in history as the champ....imagine the holes' fans trying to justify giving Roy a phantom championship!

there would be a banner

Well I am rooting for Villinova, however I have another idea. If somehow Carowina and Uconvicts get to the championship game I hope Uconn wins. Then maybe they will have to vacate all of their wins from this season due to the NCAA violations and then no one technically wins the 2009 NCAA Championship!!! A man can wish!

11. I'll pull for Nova because they're playing UNC and because Jay Wright has not titles. If they lose, I'll pull for Mich St because I don't want Calhoun tying K with 3 titles, however, I think UCONN has a better chance to beat UNC than does Mich St.

12. Jumbo...

...I love that the fourth and final option is simply "other". Further, I love that it is still supporting a big fat zero. If any poster populates that field, revoke his/her memebership to DBR.

Quote Originally Posted by shoutingncu View Post
    I was curious about this, myself. I didn't want to bring it up a) because it may seem like stirring the pot from a Carolina alum, and b) it's a day early. But I'd like to see the poll results, should the two favorites advance, of who you all would root against harder...

Calhoun's third, or Carolina's fifth?

I assume I know the answer, but the two people in this thread actually surprised me.
    The easy response to those who are actually concerned more about Calhoun's 3rd vs. UNC winning - once K wins his 4th, this will become a moot point...
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by BoC View Post
    Villanova first, then MSU, then meteor strike.
    Might be a tad to the south but maybe there are more on the way...

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/04/suff...saw-meteor-hit

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    I really hate that the holes are in the 2nd game. This forces me to pull for UConvicts in game 1 in case the holes win in game 2. I normally would pull for anybody over Uconn but I think they would have a much better chance of beating the holes than Michigan St would....

Uconn may win...

but Mich St will give them a good working over.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but...I hope Thabeet is okay after that fall.

And Kemba Walker may be the Lawson-stopper.
    Last edited by slower; 04-04-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    The easy response to those who are actually concerned more about Calhoun's 3rd vs. UNC winning - once K wins his 4th, this will become a moot point...
    I agree completely...anybody but UNC; I don't want to listen to the gloating for the next year (and beyond)

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    would "other" be the Taliban?
    stadium collapses

Talking One down!

And the Victs are now out. Go Nova!

I'm really happy MSU won. Izzo is a great coach and a class act and they are a fun team to watch. Plus it's fun to see them win at home in a state that's going through exceptionally hard times.

Now I'm pulling for 'Nova, obviously. Not only are they playing UNC but after seeing them beat Duke (:'() I have a huge man-crush on Jay Wright and I really enjoy watching the way they play the game.