Ritz Camera bankruptcy

Ritz/Wolf camera is closing 300 stores around the country, including the one walking distance from my house. I use them for single prints here or there via Picasa, and am now wondering where I should go. What are peoples' opinions on the online photo printers?

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    Ritz/Wolf camera is closing 300 stores around the country, including the one walking distance from my house. I use them for single prints here or there via Picasa, and am now wondering where I should go. What are peoples' opinions on the online photo printers?
    If you can handle the delay in shipping, I think it's the way to go. I haven't compared costs in a while but the last time I check it was far cheaper to print online rather than purchasing an ink jet printer and printing from home.

There's also the added bonus of not having to worry about color management settings when you print online. While most manufacturers have made this pretty opaque to users, there is still the opportunity for you to make mistakes or not get the best color possible from your prints.

With all that said, I print from home or in a pinch, I'll run down to a drug store and use their kiosks.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Here at the beach (and everywhere else), Boater's World is going out of business. Ritz Camera was the parent company, and they are taking the kids out with them.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    I had pretty good experiences with Costco online printing (cheap!! for larger prints) and pretty decent with the online service that you can pick up at Target (Snapfish, I think.)

Try FedEx

Check out your local FedEx location. They have self service printing which is convenient and of good quality. I brought a CD down and printed 5x7 family pictures at Xmas time and was very pleased with the results.

Not sure how pricing compares to Costco for everyday printing needs.