Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Wall

He seems as quick as advertised, but during his interview he really seems to be suffering over his college decision. For his sake I hope he can find a place he likes so he can get that behind him.

Xavier Henry is a stud, plays on another level.

Mason just needs to come in rebound and finish next year. He's still very much a work in progress, but it is encouraging that he is probably a better overall athletete than Cousins, Sidney, and maybe even Henson. A few more pounds and some savy will do him wonders.

This has been a great game so far. I'm really impressed by both teams. The International team is better than I expected. Both teams are playing defense. Henson is really good right now, but when he puts on some weight, he's going to be a killer. Haven't noticed Leslie McDonald. Plumlee has been pretty low-key so far as well (but the 6'10" guy is much easier to pick out). The high school class of 2009 is really deep with NBA talent. Next year's draft is going to be a good one.

which station is it playing on?

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    which station is it playing on?
    I get it on "Comcast Sportsnet." I think it's a branch of Fox Sports.

Plumlee just made an impressive move to the basket... got his shot blocked and missed both free throws. He's usually a really solid free throw shooter. I was surprised to see him miss. He altered a shot and got a rebound on the previous play.

So there this guy playing in this game named John Wall. Anyone heard of him? I think Duke should recuit him, he seems to have some talent.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeFanInTerpLand View Post
    So there this guy playing in this game named John Wall. Anyone heard of him? I think Duke should recuit him, he seems to have some talent.
    I was thinking that too.

He and Xavier Henry are dominating this game. That block Wall had coming from behind was amazing... not to mention his steal and behind the back assist to Henry.

Geez this kid (Wall) is good. He's even better in a structured setting....wonder how he'd looking initiating the pressure for our D and settign up Elliot and Singler for dunks...

The announcer just said Henson has a 7'4" wingspan. Crazy.

This is the first time I have been able to see Wall play and man am I impressed. For all the hoopla I have read about him on this board and on recruiting sites, it was kinda hard for me to really get behind the excitment. That has changed tonight after seeing him play.

Avery bradley is a great on the ball defender, and Wall is no slouch himself.

Someone made this point already, but this is actually a pretty good game. The international team plays just like you would think, like a team. They are also big and pretty athletic. US is playing relatively well for an all-star team.

anyone got a local TIME WARNER CHANNEL NUMBER??

Henson scares me, he's really good. Just had a great putback.

Watching online, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    anyone got a local TIME WARNER CHANNEL NUMBER??
    No love on the TW either...another reason to hate the evil empire. I really, really wanted to watch this game...settled for the Williams v. Wright boxing match...did I mention I mention I hate TW.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueinBlo View Post
    Wall is soooo good. If Carolina gets him, we are in BIG trouble.
    Sorry Jason, but that's so true...but then i'd say whoever gets him will be big trouble for everyone else.

This was my first chance to see Wall and now I see why all the hype. Add me to the list of impressed.

Wall, to Henson, to Davis for the tomahawk facial...I like the sound of that

John Wall...he good

The difference in this one was the World team's big men. They had more size, and they totally dominated Cousins and Sidney. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of those World team big men in the NBA in a couple years. I know a few of them are already on 2010 mock draft boards.

Plumlee had a below average game today (from what I've seen him do before in HS). He missed free throws, missed a dunk or two, and generally didn't look as sharp as he has been. He's not going to be playing against big men like the World team had any time soon though... maybe never in college. Those guys were impressive. Keep in mind they all play in pro leagues in Europe.

There's not much I can say about Wall that hasn't already been said. This is the first time I've seen him play in a game with elite players playing defense, and he was better than I thought he was going to be. He made a few mistakes, but it's hard to play a perfect game when you're one of the only people on your team trying to create.

There's such a huge difference between AAU and college ball, it's not surprising that when it came down to a close halfcourt game (that was actually closer to college ball), the more disciplined World team took over. The US coach was asking for the players to play a motion offense, but he did not get his wish. The US guys were standing around and looked really bad. Overall, it was a really fun game to watch. I would like to see a replay.